XIM Community

Fortnite - Possible support?  (Read 7289 times)

Offline bpi1973

• View Profile
Fortnite - Possible support?
« on: 02:15 PM - 07/02/17 »
Hi Guys, I've done a search through the forums to see if Fortnite had been mentioned - search came back as zero, so I'm going to ask the question hoping it hasn't already been asked. (if it has, I apologise for repeating!)

Will there be support for Fortnite which is due to release on PS4 on the 25/07/17?

P.S. Keep up the good work Devs, as I couldn't live without my Xim ;)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Fortnite - Possible support?
« Reply #1 on: 02:53 PM - 07/02/17 »
Welcome to the community. Is this full release or alpha/beta? We try not to support alpha and beta because the look mechanic usually undergoes changes in a short period of time in these stages.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline bpi1973

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:57 AM - 07/03/17 »
From my understanding it's a full release on the 25th July, with early access to pre-ordered players on the 21st.

I maybe wrong though, but would any alpha/beta require you to pay for the game especially on ps4?

Offline meshrin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:57 AM - 07/07/17 »
Let me chime in anither vote for game support! im planning on playing ths game a lot. Hopefully together even the xim community here could come up with a fairly good set up. if there is enough interest here.

Offline nwess9

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: nwess9
« Reply #4 on: 10:49 AM - 07/09/17 »
I would also like for there to be support for fortnite in the future. I am planning on playing this game a lot when it releases on the 25th of July. :D

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:03 AM - 07/09/17 »
Release on the 25th or open alpha/beta?

Offline Trshy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:46 AM - 07/11/17 »
it will be released on the 25th, full release (early access only)
however it will be free to play in early 2018

please we need support for this gane, i want it so bad.

TotalRoss

« Reply #7 on: 11:47 AM - 07/11/17 »
From my understanding it's a full release on the 25th July, with early access to pre-ordered players on the 21st.

I maybe wrong though, but would any alpha/beta require you to pay for the game especially on ps4?

It's possible. Console's are in a weird spot right now with "early access" games becoming more prevalent. But, Fortnite is a weird beast. It's my understanding that the game will release a retail/boxed version of the game on the 25th ($40, $60, $90, and $150 versions available). But the boxed version is technically "paid early access." The game will have all the free to play elements in this version, as the game will go to free to play model in 2018.

fun fact: Fortnite was announced December 2011 at the VGAs

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:52 AM - 07/11/17 »
I don't expect to have support for this at the start of early access. We generally don't support alpha and beta but we have supported some early access. I would like to see the game mature a bit as these games can undergo a lot of changes including changes to the look mechanic. As an example there were a few players reporting that Paladins changed their look mechanic three times in a month. Once it matures or releases I can look at adding support.

Offline BooP

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Msg me
« Reply #9 on: 06:44 PM - 07/11/17 »
I don't expect to have support for this at the start of early access. We generally don't support alpha and beta but we have supported some early access. I would like to see the game mature a bit as these games can undergo a lot of changes including changes to the look mechanic. As an example there were a few players reporting that Paladins changed their look mechanic three times in a month. Once it matures or releases I can look at adding support.

But Paladins is in Beta.. Fortnite is actually releasing on the 25th..  ???

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07:12 PM - 07/11/17 »
Early Access is equivalent to an alpha or beta. Features are still being added, changed, and refined. EA is a way for the developer to receive funds while developing an incomplete game.

Offline Supernatural X

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08:06 PM - 07/11/17 »
I would like support for this game as well. Not sure how well it would go with Xim though we'll have to wait and see.

Offline Leonan

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Heroblob
  • PSN ID: LordLeonan
« Reply #12 on: 05:40 PM - 07/21/17 »
Since you're not going to support it yet, please could you suggest a good ST for us to use in the meantime?

Many thanks.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06:06 PM - 07/21/17 »
I'm sorry but I don't have the game. Hopefully other members who have purchased into early access can offer suggestions.

I would like support for this game as well. Not sure how well it would go with Xim though we'll have to wait and see.

Are you at a point where you can judge how the game is doing and if so how is the game, how is the turn speed?

Offline Peacez

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Peacez89
« Reply #14 on: 08:39 PM - 07/21/17 »
Guys in the settings you can just attach a keyboard/mouse for this game.

I dont seem to have a cursor when in menus using the Kb/Mouse but aiming feels good. I think you need to use the actual mouse sensitivity as there doesnt seem to be an option in the menus. You can bind most if not all keys on the keyboard.
« Last Edit: 08:49 PM - 07/21/17 by Peacez »