XIM Community

is there a anti recoil thing for xim 4?  (Read 16132 times)

Offline manaus

• I am not creative enough...
    • View Profile
Re: is there a anti recoil thing for xim 4?
« Reply #30 on: 06:21 AM - 07/02/17 »
A xim4 user mad about anti recoil lol

Go to an overwatch console reddit post and tell them you use xim4 and see what they think of your gaming "morals"

Have you even used anti recoil?

Of course he is mad, I am too...you come up with something that gives extra and extra advantage on top of Xim4  8) ;)

You know what...I am doing that too...as soon as I am back playing again, I will buy a T2 and will do that  ;D

I know its not fair, but a lot of ppl use it...
Previous owner of:
- XimEdge;
- Xim 4; and now
- Xim Apex

Console: Xbox One
Display: Gateway 21,5" widescreen (FHX2153L) (Very old, but it works)
KB: Arctosa Razer
Mice: Logitech G203

Be happy!

Offline digital blasphemy

• Run, think, shoot, live. Black Mesa....
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Digital Blasphemy
  • PSN ID: DigLtaLbLaspheme
« Reply #31 on: 07:43 PM - 07/02/17 »
Ya its called you arm.
G900  12000 dpi 1000hz - Astro A50 - 19 inch Logitech hard pad.

Run think shoot live.

What an amazing accomplishment APEX! Wow!!!

SA4 gameplay.
https://youtu.be/5eeYvLRrRpc
https://youtu.be/KSRehsWyOek
https://youtu.be/Ta-haTfVDpU

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 05:20 AM - 07/06/17 »
A xim4 user mad about anti recoil lol
Anti-recoil is cheating, so it shouldn't even be mentioned on this forum.

Go to an overwatch console reddit post and tell them you use xim4 and see what they think of your gaming "morals"
what

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #33 on: 04:46 AM - 07/07/17 »
In my experience, anti-recoil is typically more trouble than its worth. All it does is automate the downward (and sometimes left or right) pull of a stick or mouse while firing to recentre your reticle on a target. It's barely worth calling a cheat, particularly considering the inconsistencies of aiming with anti-recoil active where you're largely locked into a predetermined movement pattern whether you like it or not.

Anti-recoil can do a decent enough job of controlling bullet spread, but you'll rarely fully eliminate recoil, particularly if it's randomised due to reticle bloom, or when you're tracking a moving target. Controlled burst-fire, in-game weapon mods and manual aim tends to do a better job than an anti-recoil script, whilst maintaining full reticle control throughout.

I've written probably the best Titan One anti-recoil script to use with a Xim, but I don't use it myself. I'd rather choose a weapon that feels good with a Xim and manually adapt to its recoil pattern. Knowing where to land the first shot for the last to hit the head is a lot easier than wrestling for control over the reticle when you need it most.

In the end, it really depends on the game you're playing and how comfortable you are with your load-out. Anti-recoil does help quite a bit in some games with some weapons, but it's completely useless in others.

if you record a killcam of someone using an obvious rapidifre script and you send that to sony or microsoft that person is usually banned pretty quickly
The chances of that are slim to none. Sony and MS has better things to do with their money than chase someone using a rapid-fire script. The only risk is when you're doing something a game engine is otherwise incapable of doing. This typically involves a jitter mod where a reload animation is intentionally disrupted to increase fire-rate, or spamming ADS to improve aim assist, which is frankly nauseating. Either mod is a really easy tell that you're intentionally exploiting a flaw in the game rather than automating controller input and if you do get caught doing it, it's your own stupid fault.

Not sure how old you are but you're still missing the point of what others are saying. A cheat includes aimbots, wallhacks, AND anti-recoil scripts.
Anti-recoil may be considered cheating, but aimbots and wallhacks are a completely different kettle of fish. They tap directly into the game engine to aim for you, something that's not possible on a (non-hacked) console, nor via a Titan One, Titan Two, Cronus Max or Xim Commander script.

You still have to aim properly while using anti-recoil, it just knocks some of the recoil buffeting off for you by automating a degree of X&Y axis stick movement, at the risk that you'll overshoot, undershoot or lose reticle control at a critical moment. Like rapid-fire, anti-recoil can help by focusing you more on the next shot than the last, but it can't plant a bullet in the enemy's head for you.

Whether you use mod scripts or not is entirely up to you. No-one needs to know, it doesn't dramatically affect the outcome (unless it's a blatant jitter mod) and no-one else here really has the right to judge the morality of doing it on a console m/kb forum. I write some pretty well-received Titan and CM mod scripts, more to improve my own user experience than anything, and I share them simply to provide folks with decent tools to make their own decision.
« Last Edit: 08:19 AM - 07/07/17 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09:35 PM - 07/07/17 »
I don't use anti-recoil scripts, but I use rapid fire. Because of my carpel tunnel, it kills my wrist to use pistols, DMR's or any semi-auto weapon that requires repeated tapping of the same button. I need it simply to prevent intense physical pain from building up in my arm. I think this is a fair use of the technology:)
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline omega4

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10:47 AM - 07/08/17 »
I couldn't care less if other gamers want to cheat with anti-recoil scripts and rationalize their behavior with semantics.

However,  I would be disappointed if the XIM4 gets its name "dragged through the mud" by all this talk.
My XIM4 allows me to play against other gamers like....

Offline GenericPlayground

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: intercede007
« Reply #36 on: 02:05 PM - 07/10/17 »
You still have to aim properly while using anti-recoil, it just knocks some of the recoil buffeting off for you by automating a degree of X&Y axis stick movement

Unfortunately you are arguing with yourself. Aiming properly means controlling recoil. If you have to use a script to help with controlling recoil you aren't aiming properly.

Offline xKowal86x

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ninja_Rabbit_86
« Reply #37 on: 05:11 PM - 07/10/17 »
Dont want to offended any one but all scripts like that for me is just sad,dont get me wrong,controller players call xim user cheaters,but is becouse they never use xim.Im never ever before play m/kb and when i buy it i knowed that not make my aim god or anything just want to try how its feel play mouse.I still mastering my mouse and im not aim god but what i love in mouse is freedom.Finaly my aim is something what i control,no stupid accelaeration like in destiny and all that @#$%.When i die its only my foult cant blame controller and analog aiming.Love that thing.And be honest use xim 6 weeks and recoil is much easier to control.and i love mastering realy hard kicking guns.Anti recoil scripts are just sad.If you play m/kb agains controler users and use that...sorry but you realy dont care to be better you just want have best k/d in easier way without put time and practice to master your own skill.And mastering recoil and learn guns how they kick with mouse for me is just plesure:)
Mouse: Zowie EC-1,Keyboard:Corsair K63,Headset: Astro A40TR,Monitor:Benq 2455,Router:Netduma R1

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #38 on: 08:41 AM - 07/13/17 »
Unfortunately you are arguing with yourself. Aiming properly means controlling recoil. If you have to use a script to help with controlling recoil you aren't aiming properly.

I agree, which is why I don't use anti-recoil myself. You either adapt to the recoil pattern of the gun, or you adapt to the anti-recoil pattern of the script. IMO, the former is more predictable than the latter and it's easier to find a weapon that works with one's tools and play-style than attempt to patch up shortcomings with a script that will ultimately disappoint because you still can't aim for @#$%.

I do however provide the option for those who want it, mostly because everything else sucked and no-one could get it right for the Xim. I've come close, but it's still imperfect and does require time to tweak on a per-weapon and weapon mod basis that I personally can't be arsed putting into most games.

The only example I can provide where anti-recoil has been obviously beneficial is in Garden Warfare. The fire-rate of the Law Pea is unrestricted by the game engine, but it comes at the cost of high recoil. Using rapid-fire and dialling in anti-recoil so two full magazines can be dumped into your opponent's head in under a second will knock over anything, but you need to be careful to line up the shot in the first place or you're dead meat. Nothing on a console can point the gun in the right direction for you if your shot is off and anti-recoil will hurt more than it helps if that's the case.

If you play m/kb agains controler users and use that...sorry but you realy dont care to be better you just want have best k/d in easier way without put time and practice to master your own skill.And mastering recoil and learn guns how they kick with mouse for me is just plesure:)

No argument there either. Most people who want anti-recoil scripts are looking for a shortcut to get one up on their opposition and to ultimately buff their k/d. But aren't games supposed to be about having fun? That sounds more like work to me. If a dude beats me to the punch, that's my cue to git gud and that more than anything is a simple investment of time.

I write scripts for fun just as much as I (used to) like building gaming rigs for fun, or modding PC games for fun, or using a mouse & keyboard on console for fun. It's more about customising and improving the experience than cheating. If you sucked before using anti-recoil, you'll suck afterwards...

Buying a Scuf, wearing surround sound cans, getting faster internet, using a lower lag screen, noise cancelling / enhancing weapon mods...they're all part of the same toolkit to get an arguably unfair advantage over your opponents. Most, if not all of us, have done at least one or more, as has everyone trying to shoot you in the head in whichever brown, drab war simulator floats your boat.

Exhibit A - Xim m/kb adapter. The "holier than thou" argument kinda falls on it arse when you're guilty of the same offence ;) Unless cheating is blatant exploitation and/or malicious (DDoS, lag-switching, wall-hacking, aim-bots etc), just accept it is as part of the game.

If you're good enough, it won't make a sh!t-lick of difference being on either end of a mod script. And if you're not good enough, a mod script can help level the playing field and smooth the learning curve against more experienced and better-equipped opposition. Everyone deserves a fair crack, it's disheartening to constantly get your @#$% handed to you.

Don't approve, don't do it, but don't pretend that you're not doing the same thing too by using a Xim. Whenever there's a whiff of improving aim assist with a funky curve or a firmware update, the forums here go apesh!t. My objective is much simpler than being king of peeny island - I really like that Xims and Titans go together like ham and cheese, like rum and coke, like pickles and restaurant ceilings, and enjoy the simple challenge of making a game play better.

However,  I would be disappointed if the XIM4 gets its name "dragged through the mud" by all this talk.

Xim's name is already mud to anyone who hasn't used one. The lack of direct mod support on the Xim keeps some of that from sticking, but indirect support will always be an option for those who seek it out. And it should be possible too because there's always some poor guy out there with one less limb than you who deserves a shot at playing the same games. I'm far more willing to help that guy than someone who wants me to hold their hand.
« Last Edit: 09:48 AM - 07/13/17 by antithesis »

Offline xKowal86x

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 10:34 AM - 07/13/17 »
Right so you say if some one kill you loads game is not fun so use scripts just to have fun?if he best you meaning his better and agains his skill you need use anti recoil?
Really?Everything just to make better k/d ratio.So if you be kill some one loads of time he don't be have fun so maybe he use some aimbot just to beat you and have fun.Control recoil is not hard mate I'm 31 years old average player and I'm still ok with that.
Is not hard job you just play and get better.
Don't get me wrong but any one who use scripts like anti recoil and oil that stuff for like you say "having fun" is just cheater that it.If playing against console players and still need anything what do job for you becouse you don't want waste time just stop playing fps and go play maincraft.
No offence is my opinion.Just make me angre ppl use everything just to win.That's not fun at all.
Mouse: Zowie EC-1,Keyboard:Corsair K63,Headset: Astro A40TR,Monitor:Benq 2455,Router:Netduma R1

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #40 on: 12:54 AM - 07/15/17 »
Right so you say if some one kill you loads game is not fun so use scripts just to have fun?if he best you meaning his better and agains his skill you need use anti recoil?
Really?Everything just to make better k/d ratio.So if you be kill some one loads of time he don't be have fun so maybe he use some aimbot just to beat you and have fun.Control recoil is not hard mate I'm 31 years old average player and I'm still ok with that.
Is not hard job you just play and get better.
Don't get me wrong but any one who use scripts like anti recoil and oil that stuff for like you say "having fun" is just cheater that it.If playing against console players and still need anything what do job for you becouse you don't want waste time just stop playing fps and go play maincraft.
No offence is my opinion.Just make me angre ppl use everything just to win.That's not fun at all.

For people who aren't used to m/kb, can't aim with a controller (scripts aren't just for m/kb), or just suck at games, yes - getting shot in the head repeatedly is not fun. So they seek this sort of thing out, and there are a lot of them out there.

Myself, no, I don't need the help. I'm 45 and grew up in the Doom, Quake, Unreal Tournament, Half-life, Counter-strike era. I've been playing shooters since there were shooters. My aim's still pinpoint with m/kb and my reflexes aren't shot either. But I can't hit the side of a barn using a controller, so my reason for using a Xim is just the desire for more familiar, comfortable controls. But in doing so, that alone does provide an advantage over most other players, so the moral highground is pretty low around here.

As I said, I have no need of anti-recoil myself, but I'm happy to help those who do. They're looking for something to help them, regardless of my personal position or experience on the subject. I'd rather provide good tools than bad to those who can't otherwise compete in games that toss out easy-mode gear to experienced players like candy while putting peashooters in the hands of noobs. Constantly dying is no fun for them and those doing the killing don't need the help, so I'm ok with folks wanting a level playing-field to get them off the ground and keep them playing a game.

To me, scripting is about the challenge of learning and the using a game's mechanics to create an easier experience for those who want it. A simple example is Titan Skating in Destiny - everyone can do it, but button-mashing is an unnecessary ball-ache when simply holding a button could do the same thing. It's a user experience thing, not a game-breaking exploit. That's not in the same realm as aimbots, wallhacks or lag-switches - many of us play on console these days to avoid them on PC.

If you or I don't need the help, that's fine, we'll still have fun using our mice to pluck heads on a platform that doesn't natively support those controls ??? But don't shut the door on those who do want more help by pushing them down the Minecraft shaft.

Besides, anti-recoil is practically useless in most games and of very limited use in others, so don't overblow it. Try it yourself and prepare to be underwhelmed - the benefit of managing recoil is outweighed by a loss of reticle control. Just like ballistics curves on Xim, it's best done in moderation.
« Last Edit: 02:25 AM - 07/15/17 by antithesis »

Offline xKowal86x

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 03:12 AM - 07/15/17 »
Sorry I be if any one can't learn aim and need cheat is simply sad and pathetic.Is my opinion.Scripts just to be better are cheating that ppl don't should be play games like for.What if you suck in raicing game need scriprs to?Omg sorry is stupid for me.
Oh btw maybe because I say that you think I'm amazing player,I'm not I'm average player.
My first for was destiny but is lagging game,real fps was bo3.And let me tell you for first week ppl wreck me like kd 3-20.But I didn't cry just play and learn game,take myself for dark matter camo and with time my kd rise.In the end in most game i finish top 2 with us 2.0-3.0.But still sometime I play against good players and they wreck me.That don't mean I do everything even cheat just to kill them cuz is sad.Just play game and slowly you get better,maybe not pro lvl but good enought to have fun from playing.Also never use mouse before xim but still willing to learn insted cheat just to feel better.
Never change my mind if you have mouse against controller and still need use cheats just stop playing fps games.That's selfish and you killing fun for ppl who decide to learn play game and get good with aim

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #42 on: 05:26 AM - 07/15/17 »
I don't disagree, but I also don't condemn those who want to do it. Live and let live...

And before you condemn, you really should know first-hand what scripts do. Just like a mouse, they won't turn you into a gaming god, they just smooth out some rough gameplay edges, or they do nothing at all.

The only thing I regularly use in all shooters is auto-fire on semi-auto weapons because I hate button-mashing. The bullets don't shoot faster and I can't do anything no-one else can do when using a regular controller, I just don't trash my mouse or my fingers by clicking buttons unnecessarily. Is that really cheating? Not a great deal more than using a mouse on console. Does it affect anyone else's game? I don't think so, especially when an in-game gun mod does the same thing.
« Last Edit: 06:54 AM - 07/15/17 by antithesis »

Offline xKowal86x

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 08:16 AM - 07/15/17 »
Right you now saying you agree is cheating but also if some one want to use is his choice.Yes that true but that not change that is CHEATING! !! Anti recoil compensate recoil so you have less recoil isn't?Yes so how that is not cheating?For game designs diffrent guns to different  play style some have low recoil and are good for longer range fights some like smgs with very high rate of fire and they melt everything in close,mid range but have big recoil.That's how's weapons work.If you reduce that recoil is not so big problem and is easier to aim and mid him fight start to be even easier to win.That's cheating simply maybe not change you in good gamer but help.Is not how him should be act when developer create game.
Now by saying auto fire you mean rapid fire?That's cheating to why?you know why scrip be alweys shot your bullet in perfect time exactly what is weapon rate of fire.If you do that by click or press button sometime you can press to fast or to slow that cost your weapon firing slower.With auto you don't have that problem and you be shot faster most of the time then other player use same gun.Again is cheating.Don't buy story's about don't like press mouse and other.Mouse button are designe to press 20 milion times and even more.
Everything what is added to game and help and is not intended by developer is simply cheat.Big or small is still cheat.
Ppl can play what ever they want,just be honest say it's cheat and don't find accused that some ppl can't aim,they don't have fun because they die cuz that is one big  @#$%.
Ppl like that can't play and try do everything to win with some one who play game learn map,practice aim and outsmart them.What give them fun using cheats killing spirit of playing games

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 11:23 AM - 07/15/17 »
I don't disagree, but I also don't condemn those who want to do it. Live and let live...

And before you condemn, you really should know first-hand what scripts do. Just like a mouse, they won't turn you into a gaming god, they just smooth out some rough gameplay edges, or they do nothing at all.
But we need to condemn them because it's illegal. Key sequencing is illegal (as opposed to key switching and modulators which are legal).

Exploitation of macros is forbidden and may result in account suspension or revocation.
(https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-249092-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32)

Definition:
A single, user-defined command that is part of an application and executes a series of commands.
(http://www.thefreedictionary.com/macro)

I don't use anti-recoil scripts, but I use rapid fire. Because of my carpel tunnel, it kills my wrist to use pistols, DMR's or any semi-auto weapon that requires repeated tapping of the same button. I need it simply to prevent intense physical pain from building up in my arm. I think this is a fair use of the technology:)
It's not a fair use since it's illegal.