XIM Community

I have a picture of my xim 4 connect to a hub. I need verification if is correct  (Read 415 times)

Offline RazerOfPain

• View Profile
Hi,  I purchased a usb hub as my mouse and keyboard take a lot of power and I get random disconnect.  I would like to know if the way I have it connect is correct on the picture.  Does the usb hub power cable goes in the hub and so the xim 4 can read the input of the hub now I take the usb 2.0 type B and connect to the xim.  And then I would take the mouse and keyboard and connect it to any port on the usb hub. Link to the picture https://imgur.com/gallery/irsC6 thanks for the help

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Is this the Amazon basics 2.0 hub? If so then yes this is compatible. As long as you're not using a 3.0 hub you shouldn't have any issues.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline RazerOfPain

• View Profile
Yes amazon basic usb hub

TedRoc07

Is this the Amazon basics 2.0 hub? If so then yes this is compatible. As long as you're not using a 3.0 hub you shouldn't have any issues.

What is the issue with usb 3.0?? I'm fairly certain my USB Hub has USB 3.0 and I have had Zero issues with Xim4 or Apex. I may just be lucky but was just curious as to why 3.0 is an issue for some.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
It's a hardware compatibility issue. You could experience stability issues but you may not. If you do then your first troubleshoot step would be to remove the hub.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline RazerOfPain

• View Profile
Ok.  Thank You!! To verify is it connected  correctly according to the picture in the link. 

TedRoc07

Ok.  Thank You!! To verify is it connected  correctly according to the picture in the link.

With xim4 I always hooked my mouse to port 1 and the hub to port 2. If the setup is working as is then I'd assume you are good.

Admin