XIM Community

Xim4 how to adjust DPI on Overwatch  (Read 1841 times)

Offline 10zindakar1

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: tpg_legacy
Xim4 how to adjust DPI on Overwatch
« on: 09:43 PM - 06/19/17 »
i have had xim4 for about 5 hours and i have been struggling for 3 hours too get it to work. My sensitivity is fine for Overwatch but the dpi is so low, i would have to move my mouse across my table to do a 360. on my PC the dpi is fine but the second i hook it up its too low.

Please if someone can help me

Thank you

Offline Supernatural X

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim4 how to adjust DPI on Overwatch
« Reply #1 on: 09:46 PM - 06/19/17 »
i have had xim4 for about 5 hours and i have been struggling for 3 hours too get it to work. My sensitivity is fine for Overwatch but the dpi is so low, i would have to move my mouse across my table to do a 360. on my PC the dpi is fine but the second i hook it up its too low.

Please if someone can help me

Thank you

What DPI are you using?  DPI doesn't translate across to joystick monement well so you need higher DPI for Xim.

Offline 10zindakar1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:50 PM - 06/19/17 »
i use 1800 DPI on pc and in the actual overwatch game i use a sensitivity of 15

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:59 PM - 06/19/17 »
what mouse do you have?
it could be that it doesnt have onboard memory and you need to click dpi buttons on the mouse to increase it once connected to the xim

anyhow a dpi value of 1800 is barely enough for the xim to work properly, it needs lots of dpi to give you smooth mouse movements
as long as your xim sensitivity is below 100 you should be fine though

in general with a dpi value of 1800 your xim sensitivity should be between 80 and 160 id say for reasonable turnspeeds
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Supernatural X

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:00 PM - 06/19/17 »
i use 1800 DPI on pc and in the actual overwatch game i use a sensitivity of 15

Well I'm not sure which mouse you use but it's probably a good idea to max your DPI mine is 12000 because i'm using a Logitech G403. Also make sure you have the correct settings on Overwatch found here.

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=43775.0#post_OW

Offline 10zindakar1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:03 PM - 06/19/17 »
im using the razor deathadder, but i will put my mouse dpi to the max and see from there.

Offline 10zindakar1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:29 PM - 06/19/17 »
i put my DPI to the max and it did make turning easier the sensitivity would change, for example i when using my mouse i applied normal pressure (hand resting on it) and it moved fine (sometimes it would move slow) and when i use little to no pressure, it would be fast asf.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:56 PM - 06/20/17 »
i put my DPI to the max and it did make turning easier the sensitivity would change, for example i when using my mouse i applied normal pressure (hand resting on it) and it moved fine (sometimes it would move slow) and when i use little to no pressure, it would be fast asf.

that doesnt sound right tbh

ensure that there are no advanced settings in your OW xim config, if necessary create a new one
also ensure your OW ingame settings are aim assist window 0, aim smoothing 0, exponential ramp and controller speed 100

does it work better with these settings?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Supernatural X

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:09 PM - 06/20/17 »
You can play around and find your own AAW setting it doesn't have to be 0. Also try putting your sens on about 5 and have you DPI at max, that should make the sensitivity more consistent in game, like no different speeds that you're describing.