XIM Community

ALL READ: Mouse Accelleration Fix, WE ARE ALL WRONG  (Read 19943 times)

Offline Madvillan

• Everyone needs a VLN.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ask For It ;)
Re: ALL READ: Mouse Accelleration Fix, WE ARE ALL WRONG
« Reply #60 on: 07:19 PM - 10/22/10 »
ohhK Thanks for clearing that up for me
i never miss

You just transformed it into a ghetto xim edge

sshhh don't scare away the unicorn

Offline rtmoose

• MVP
  • yea... its how those frenchies used to say my name
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 11:41 AM - 11/24/10 »
i dont play any games on my laptop i only play ps3 now, do i need to bother with this.. i go 4/5:1 in every game of COD i play.. is there a point?
Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to write this, my husband Technogiant as gone out of the room, can you send him this xbox thing quickly he's driving me up the wall. thanks

i5-2500k - p8p67 rev3 - radeon HD6850 - 8GB corsair ram @ 1600mhz - WD caviar Black SATA III

Offline zariaman

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 01:26 PM - 11/24/10 »
I think the ONLY way to tell is to run the MouseMovementRecorder.exe while running xim.exe and see if moment is 1:1.  Does everyone agree on this; because I think there is a lot of confusion from this guys blog.

I copied the text bellow from the "Windows Mouse Things" blog.  I don't think it is clear at all.
- To test he says to turn it ON, from NOTE: "normally should be OFF"
- "If you have it OFF it does not work", so having it ON is when the fix works.
_ last sentence "Turn it off when you are done testing." this means to me that OFF makes it work.

I think the ONLY way to tell is to run the MouseMovementRecorder.exe while running xim.exe and see if moment is 1:1.  Does everyone agree on this?

http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/2010/04/markc-mouse-acceleration-fix-builder.html
How do you know the fix is working?
You can test if it is working by temporarily turning on the 'Enhance pointer precision' feature and see how the mouse responds.
(NOTE: Only turn 'Enhance pointer precision' on for testing: it should normally be set OFF.)

If you have 'Enhance pointer precision' OFF, then the fix will not be active (but it will be waiting to be activated when needed).
Just as some games turn it on when you don't want them to, we can turn it on manually to test that the fix is working properly.

Go to Control Panel, and select Hardware and Sound, then click Mouse. Select 'Pointer options' and check-ON/enable the 'Enhance pointer precision' option.

See how the mouse responds.

If you want, you can run the MouseMovementRecorder.exe program that is included in the ZIP file to see that the mouse and pointer movements are 1-to-1 and always the same (or are whatever custom scaling you entered).
(The numbers in the MOUSE MOVEMENT column should be the same as the numbers in the POINTER MOVEMENT column. Any differences will appear in green or red.
If you do sometimes see differences, also test with 'Enhance pointer precision' OFF, in case the problem is with Windows or MouseMovementRecorder.exe rather than a problem with the fix.)
(NOTE: While running a game, you may see many red and green lines.
Games that need a fix usually frequently re-position the pointer and this confuses MouseMovementRecorder.exe but DOES NOT mean acceleration.
See http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1846538#pid1927879 - scroll to 'Comment #271'.)

Turn the 'Enhance pointer precision' option OFF when you have finished testing.

Offline SecondSight

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Second Sight 07
« Reply #63 on: 05:32 PM - 12/26/10 »
"WE ARE ALL WRONG"

haha yeaahhhhhh, all the fix does it make it so EPP ON acts like EPP OFF.

If you roll with EPP OFF you will still get no acceleration even mouse recorder shows that.

All the fix is for games that enable acceleration in  the game.

Offline Emanuel

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 02:44 AM - 01/12/11 »
Iīm sorry but I canīt notice difference at all from EPP on to EPP off. It works great either way, sometimes people just seem to complicate things :)

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 12:30 PM - 01/12/11 »
Iīm sorry but I canīt notice difference at all from EPP on to EPP off. It works great either way, sometimes people just seem to complicate things :)

That means the fix is working perfectly.   

All the fix does is change EPP "on" so that it acts like EPP "off".   SOME games turn EPP on when they launch.  XIM does not do this though, so this fix is really only for people who game on their PC.

Offline Emanuel

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 11:05 AM - 01/13/11 »
I didnīt apply any fix. My EPP is on by default with windows and when I change it to off I canīt nottice any difference with XIm (of course I notice a difference in windows).

Offline MarktheC

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 07:00 AM - 06/15/11 »
ditto on CMD file. same error, no doubt because it calls the VB script...

Sorry for the necro-post...

I've fixed the refresh rate bug in the current Fix Builder.

Offline MarktheC

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 07:05 AM - 06/15/11 »
every time i reboot, EPP is disabled in control panel.  What gives.....

Sorry again for the necro-post...

Do you use Razer mouse drivers?
If so, see here: http://razerblueprints.net/index.php/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,99/topic,8425.msg70055/#msg70055
(scroll down to my post at the bottom.)

Offline GenericIV

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 08:36 AM - 06/27/11 »
I think the ONLY way to tell is to run the MouseMovementRecorder.exe while running xim.exe and see if moment is 1:1.  Does everyone agree on this; because I think there is a lot of confusion from this guys blog.

I copied the text bellow from the "Windows Mouse Things" blog.  I don't think it is clear at all.
- To test he says to turn it ON, from NOTE: "normally should be OFF"
- "If you have it OFF it does not work", so having it ON is when the fix works.
_ last sentence "Turn it off when you are done testing." this means to me that OFF makes it work.

I think the ONLY way to tell is to run the MouseMovementRecorder.exe while running xim.exe and see if moment is 1:1.  Does everyone agree on this?

http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/2010/04/markc-mouse-acceleration-fix-builder.html
How do you know the fix is working?
You can test if it is working by temporarily turning on the 'Enhance pointer precision' feature and see how the mouse responds.
(NOTE: Only turn 'Enhance pointer precision' on for testing: it should normally be set OFF.)

If you have 'Enhance pointer precision' OFF, then the fix will not be active (but it will be waiting to be activated when needed).
Just as some games turn it on when you don't want them to, we can turn it on manually to test that the fix is working properly.

Go to Control Panel, and select Hardware and Sound, then click Mouse. Select 'Pointer options' and check-ON/enable the 'Enhance pointer precision' option.

See how the mouse responds.

If you want, you can run the MouseMovementRecorder.exe program that is included in the ZIP file to see that the mouse and pointer movements are 1-to-1 and always the same (or are whatever custom scaling you entered).
(The numbers in the MOUSE MOVEMENT column should be the same as the numbers in the POINTER MOVEMENT column. Any differences will appear in green or red.
If you do sometimes see differences, also test with 'Enhance pointer precision' OFF, in case the problem is with Windows or MouseMovementRecorder.exe rather than a problem with the fix.)
(NOTE: While running a game, you may see many red and green lines.
Games that need a fix usually frequently re-position the pointer and this confuses MouseMovementRecorder.exe but DOES NOT mean acceleration.
See http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1846538#pid1927879 - scroll to 'Comment #271'.)

Turn the 'Enhance pointer precision' option OFF when you have finished testing.

Where are you suppose to save the file

Offline MarktheC

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 03:55 PM - 06/27/11 »
Where are you suppose to save the file

Anywhere you want.  "My Documents" works.