XIM Community

ALL READ: Mouse Accelleration Fix, WE ARE ALL WRONG  (Read 20350 times)

Offline brick38

• View Profile
Re: ALL READ: Mouse Accelleration Fix, WE ARE ALL WRONG
« Reply #45 on: 11:08 PM - 07/05/10 »
yeah my epp would uncheck as well after reboot.
So I just used roads reg file and it works like a charm.
Thanks roads
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HKhgZwL8cKk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 03:37 AM - 07/06/10 »
your welcome
Crusade atm: none

Offline MindControlZombies

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 11:11 AM - 07/06/10 »
right dunno what to do now if i run the old default phil brown config at sens 29.5 feels heavy an slower gunning i put it to 30.5 feels bit faster than the old1 an controls well) to 32.5 still moves an guns good but noob tubing is lame
the higher the sens the more wierd it feels anyone else with a death adder an this problem?
« Last Edit: 01:57 PM - 07/07/10 by MindControlZombies »
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Offline paradox

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: nodicaL
  • PSN ID: nodicaL
« Reply #48 on: 11:31 PM - 09/25/10 »
Is there an updated link for this fix?
The current one does not work.

Thanks!

***EDIT***
The link works now.
« Last Edit: 07:53 AM - 09/26/10 by paradox »

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 11:48 PM - 09/25/10 »
For XP do this, dunno if its working on windows 7
Code: [Select]
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse]

"MouseSensitivity"="10"
"SmoothMouseXCurve"=hex:\
00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\
00,00,0A,00,00,00,00,00,\
00,00,14,00,00,00,00,00,\
00,00,1E,00,00,00,00,00,\
"SmoothMouseYCurve"=hex:\
00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\
00,00,38,00,00,00,00,00,\
00,00,70,00,00,00,00,00,\
00,00,A8,00,00,00,00,00,\
00,00,E0,00,00,00,00,00

I have set up a new machine and used this and it works as well as confirmed by others.
Open textedit, paste it and save it as imustdoubleclickthis.reg . Say yes and reboot.
Or go to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse] with regedit yourself and edit manually.

Offline betamax

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 01:12 PM - 10/01/10 »
Guys.  All this does is make EPP=ON behave the same as EPP=OFF.

The problem is that some game will turn EPP on when running.  By redefining EPP to behave the same way as if it were off, you are essentially working around this issue.

The XIM software doesn't turn EPP on, so leaving it off gives you linear motion.  You only need this fix if you are running games that enable EPP.

Offline basketcase368

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 11:45 AM - 10/02/10 »

The problem is that some game will turn EPP on when running.  By redefining EPP to behave the same way as if it were off, you are essentially working around this issue.

The XIM software doesn't turn EPP on, so leaving it off gives you linear motion.  You only need this fix if you are running games that enable EPP.

Ok soooo i dont get it...people want no mouse acceleration when using the XIM correct? So they go and try to find a mouse fix that disables mouse accel while have EPP enabled correct? If the XIM software doesnt re-enable EPP after it has been disabled, why are ppl using mouse fixes. Wouldnt they get the same results if they just turned EPP off with out using a mouse fix? I mean your going to end up with no mouse accel either way no?

From my experience (which isnt much as i just got my XIM2 yesterday), the XIM software doesnt  turn on EPP while running as you have mentioned betamax. I dont see how an xbox game will re-enable EPP either (i assume when you are talking about games that enable EPP you are referring to pc games because ive had experience with that happening).

I guess my overarching question is, why dont you just turn off EPP and forget the fix? What are people trying to accomplish trying to have both EPP enabled and a mouse fix running? Im just confused  ??? lol

Offline betamax

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 02:35 PM - 10/02/10 »
Yes people are confused.  But also I think some people here also play PC games.

If you read the manual, it explains how it works.

Offline millaren

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 06:34 PM - 10/07/10 »
try this link : http://www.filefront.com/17183560/MarkC_Windows7VistaXP_MouseFix_Builder_1.4.zip/

if that does not work try searching "MarkC_Windows7VistaXP_MouseFix_Builder_1.4.zip" on google it will pop up, also here the main source http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/2010/04/markc-mouse-acceleration-fix-builder.html

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 08:01 PM - 10/07/10 »

yeah, that's how Mark C explains how the fix works.  Some games take control of mouse acceleration when they go full-screen, and will turn it on, even if you have it set to off in the control panel. I also noticed that when I switched from xp to windows 7, mouse control felt much different, even though I was playing the same game (UT2004).  I could immediately tell something was wrong, and checked my mouse settings.  EPP was not checked, but it was definitely happening in the game.  At first, I used the logitec mouse drivers to turn it off.  Then I found one of the mouse fixes and applied that, and it also worked.

this doesn't happen with the xim though, and I've tested it in both XP and windows 7.

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 09:40 AM - 10/08/10 »
And what do you mean "WE" are all wrong?  We were just listening to what you said before and you sounded like you knew what you were talking about.  Turns out  you were talking out of your @#$% the whole time.  Shame on us.

Offline pete

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 09:25 AM - 10/20/10 »
How do you turn on epp in xp? I have never even heard of this.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 10:32 AM - 10/20/10 »
Second or third tab in mouse configuration check box under acceleration I think. Dont have windows open but you'll find it.

Offline Madvillan

• Everyone needs a VLN.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ask For It ;)
« Reply #58 on: 01:04 PM - 10/21/10 »
I found this thread weird, because I was always told to turn off epp..For me it seems to work better that way, my mouse is just too fast when I try with epp on
i never miss

You just transformed it into a ghetto xim edge

sshhh don't scare away the unicorn

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 01:45 PM - 10/21/10 »
I found this thread weird, because I was always told to turn off epp..For me it seems to work better that way, my mouse is just too fast when I try with epp on

you do want it "off".  This thread is regarding the various "mouse fix" patches, that alter mouse movement so that EPP "on" behaves the same way as it does when it's "off".  So there is zero acceleration, regardless if EPP is checked or not.