XIM Community

ALL READ: Mouse Accelleration Fix, WE ARE ALL WRONG  (Read 19972 times)

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
THIS is all you need to know about fixing acceleration. Im just gunna paraphrase it.

Download Here

First off, if you have EVER applied a mouse acceleration fix, IT IS NOT WORKING!!! For it to be working Enhance Pointer Precision MUST BE ENABLED. ALL of the fixes are based on EPP being enabled & your mouse speed MUST be 6/11 (middle).
ROTFLMAO!
I knew something was up 6+months ago when I started liking certain setups with EPP enabled. Things just seemed better. Just didn't know what.
Also, because there are several things in the formula that affect how much acceleration is applied to your setup. All the fixes avalible are generic.
Desktop Text Display Size (DPI %)
Mouse slider setting
Monitor refresh rate HTZ
Anywho. Just run the .vbs script & answer the quesitons. It'll make a reg file for you. Enable EPP & reboot = Done. B/C everyone IS playing with acceleration, you will have a change!
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: ALL READ: Mouse Accelleration Fix, WE ARE ALL WRONG
« Reply #1 on: 07:30 PM - 06/29/10 »
 This indeed does work. I've been using this method since I first got Vista 64. "Enhance Pointer Precision" is Microsoft's mouse acceleration and it must be "on" for reg fixes to work .  ;)

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:51 PM - 06/29/10 »
What if you're using a third party driver like razors? I tried using EPP before but it just makes the mouse feel heavy. Like it added deceleration instead of getting rid of acceleration.

Offline toysrme

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:06 PM - 06/29/10 »
probably had negative acceleration to start with. very few mice are even
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline Drow Elf Drizzt

• MVP
  • It's Like Nerdvana
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Drow Elf Drizzt
« Reply #4 on: 10:47 PM - 06/29/10 »
Mark Cranness said...

> doesn't work 1:1 in COD MW2.. idk why..

this is the guy that wrote the script for it.....sorry MW2 players

Offline toysrme

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:08 PM - 06/29/10 »
remember PC had different curves that got patched out early after release from people complaining about how bad the PC response was
[/size]

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:49 AM - 06/30/10 »
Thanks for this, so you choose EPP=ON and the DPI to 500 or 1000 as the mouse is set in the questions?
Crusade atm: none

Offline toysrme

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:34 AM - 06/30/10 »
EPP=ON
DPI = DPI of the default font size in windows
[/size]

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:46 AM - 06/30/10 »
Thank you, where do I see the font size in XP (isnt that 96?), I am on MAC if the question sounds disturbing only using XP for the XIM.

Offline ryan123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:29 AM - 06/30/10 »
you sure? there's no/barely any accel for me and i have the fix without the epp checked

i recommend virgin media!

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12:53 PM - 06/30/10 »
This is definitively the true non acell setting. Quite weird feeling playing at first but more accurate on large turns. Had to increase the sensitivity by 500 in BFBC2 which of course means I had to give it .1 more smoothness. This may be a bit how the XIM3 will feel I assume.

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:18 PM - 06/30/10 »
I didn't realize people were struggling with this problem, toys.  I actually figured this out about a year ago or so when I was messing around with different mouse settings both in windows and with setpoint to see how they acted differently.  I must have never posted about it here.  I dunno...yeah...EPP has to be on for the thing to work right.  But, with EPP off and with EPP on with fix installed, I didn't notice very much, if any, change in game once sensitivity setting and / or dpi was compensated for.  Still felt the same to me overall. 

On MW2 on the PC, I've noticed since it came out that the mouse felt weird.  There is also no way to open a console to manually type in your incremental adjustments that you might like.  You have to use the stupid slider which is highly innaccurate. 

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10:25 PM - 06/30/10 »
the script doens't even work for me...after entering the dpi, I get a script error...line 127, character 3.  Dunno...

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10:33 PM - 06/30/10 »
Dont bother, you have it working for a year now anyways. On XP it works, generates the reg key and even pops it into the reg by itself. The loss of acceleration feels really strange at first, the movement of the mouse is now exactly proportional to the pointer movement on the screen, funny I did not notice the acceleration.

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10:34 PM - 06/30/10 »
i thought i would try the script to see if i noticed any difference...it tells me "invalid use of null".   So whatever that means...