XIM Community

OVERWATCH Linear Fix  (Read 57191 times)

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
Re: OVERWATCH Linear Fix
« Reply #420 on: 01:05 AM - 09/01/17 »
Does everyone use aim assist? If so, why? PC does not have aim assist, and it's pretty much considered hacking by them. The whole point of the XIM is to try to emulate PC, not emulate PC with aim hacks. It makes a huge difference, as my accuracy percentage literally drops by half if I turn aim assist from 100 to 0.

If anyone plays on both PC and console with the XIM, does it feel like a massive advantage with the XIM with aim assist vs PC?

I play both and aim assist makes things MASSIVELY easier.

How does the XIM with no aim assist compare to PC? Like I said, I tried turning off my aim assist and it's impossible to aim now. Curious if that's truly what PC is like.

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 02:12 AM - 09/01/17 »

Now the question: when curve is removed and boost is removed is there any point at all in the Aim Ease In scale at which the slow mouse movement starts being registered by Linear Ramp?

No, the initial deadzone is still broken as ever. No value of Aim Ease makes that initial gap go away... you still have to use boost or a curve to compensate.

Wow what a disappointment.

But not entirely unexpected because if we look at the image provided by OW developer him self: http://i.imgur.com/MzZZKNLl.png

Every line should start at 0.15 not at 0 if the scaling for the SCALED radial dead zone actually happened! Look at where the gray line is at 0.15 (almost the same point where Exponential Ramp would be) so micro aiming is slow and manageable by happy accident. Now let's look at where the blue line intersects with 0.15, the starting speed is insane.

That's it from me, last straw. I can't deal with their incompetence any more. Destiny 2 releases on Tuesday evening and I'm turning to that. 
« Last Edit: 02:22 AM - 09/01/17 by humanfemale »

Offline Magnetos hate

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pink Xim
« Reply #422 on: 09:01 AM - 09/01/17 »
Does everyone use aim assist? If so, why? PC does not have aim assist, and it's pretty much considered hacking by them. The whole point of the XIM is to try to emulate PC, not emulate PC with aim hacks. It makes a huge difference, as my accuracy percentage literally drops by half if I turn aim assist from 100 to 0.

If anyone plays on both PC and console with the XIM, does it feel like a massive advantage with the XIM with aim assist vs PC?

I play both and aim assist makes things MASSIVELY easier.

How does the XIM with no aim assist compare to PC? Like I said, I tried turning off my aim assist and it's impossible to aim now. Curious if that's truly what PC is like.

You'll get different answers from different people in regards to aim assist with Xim. Understand, however, that consoles rely on aim assist for the controllers to function properly. Without it aiming with a controllers stick would be much more difficult.

Xim in rough terms spoofs a controller to your Xbox/PS making it think you're inputting every button press and stick movement via your controller. If you give me just this information I'd say you still need aim assist, duh.

But xim's ST technology allows us to get a linear/near liner/1:1 movement like you'd expect from a PC game or on the PC platform with our mouse movements. When you throw this info with the rest I myself really need to buckle down and read up on how Xim translates things for me to decide based on info and stats whether or not aim assist should be used to best your experience.

I still use aim assist on all my games. Most games you can't turn this off. If aim assist is too strong in a certain game people here much more fluent in the way Xim works under the hood than I create ballistic curves. I play a considerable amount of OW, but still use 100% AA. I say what isn't broke don't fix. I also feel that if we could've got a better aim mechanic or it would benefit us as a player group it would be mentioned by those who make OW ST / Xim possible. (mist, OB, etc.)

Probably a long winded way of me replying to say it's personal preference, and people have their reasonings for both. I know Bully can get really great results with 0 aim assist. Shrugs.
Xbox One X
BenQ Monitor
Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Mouse
Corsair K70 Strafe Keyboard

Offline Torderro

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Buxsadme
« Reply #423 on: 09:13 PM - 09/01/17 »

Now the question: when curve is removed and boost is removed is there any point at all in the Aim Ease In scale at which the slow mouse movement starts being registered by Linear Ramp?

No, the initial deadzone is still broken as ever. No value of Aim Ease makes that initial gap go away... you still have to use boost or a curve to compensate.

Wow what a disappointment.

But not entirely unexpected because if we look at the image provided by OW developer him self: http://i.imgur.com/MzZZKNLl.png

Every line should start at 0.15 not at 0 if the scaling for the SCALED radial dead zone actually happened! Look at where the gray line is at 0.15 (almost the same point where Exponential Ramp would be) so micro aiming is slow and manageable by happy accident. Now let's look at where the blue line intersects with 0.15, the starting speed is insane.

That's it from me, last straw. I can't deal with their incompetence any more. Destiny 2 releases on Tuesday evening and I'm turning to that.

LOL not trying to rain on your parade, but I feel like Destiny's aim mechanics might be a bit worse. I tried playing destiny 1 and I laughed and turned it off. It was literally unusable with the xim4 way way too slow. Even with the secondary turning configurations and Yada Yada. I have a feeling we're going to be going through a lot getting that just right, too.

I hope I'm wrong.
Bad sad Christmas.

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 10:24 PM - 09/02/17 »
I went back and tried out Expo Ramp setup just for old times sake yesterday and tried to really spend time with it and find a good sensitivity. I found I had to raise aim assist window to about 15 (from the 4 that I use with Linear) which is interesting. Using Linear with anything above 5 feels awful to me (bubble around enemy's feels super hard to break through).

Anyways, I found a comfortable setup with the Expo Ramp and still couldn't perform as well as I could with the Linear setup. All of a sudden I was missing shots that I normally would hit. For example as McCree, I was finding it super difficult to land the headshot on a Tracer after stunning her, something that I find so easy to do on Linear. Tracking a Genji that is flying all over the top of my head felt really sluggish on Expo for some reason. Not sure why Expo feels more sluggish than Linear to me.

Just going to stick with what I like best. Linear Ramp with a straight 12 curve. I saw some people criticizing Linear for using curves (or boost) but in the setups that I do, any curve or boost is strictly to overcome the deadzone issue and nothing more. My goal is a 1:1 setup which I feel like I have.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline Br3wno

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Br3wn0
« Reply #425 on: 09:38 AM - 09/03/17 »
I went back and tried out Expo Ramp setup just for old times sake yesterday and tried to really spend time with it and find a good sensitivity. I found I had to raise aim assist window to about 15 (from the 4 that I use with Linear) which is interesting. Using Linear with anything above 5 feels awful to me (bubble around enemy's feels super hard to break through).

Anyways, I found a comfortable setup with the Expo Ramp and still couldn't perform as well as I could with the Linear setup. All of a sudden I was missing shots that I normally would hit. For example as McCree, I was finding it super difficult to land the headshot on a Tracer after stunning her, something that I find so easy to do on Linear. Tracking a Genji that is flying all over the top of my head felt really sluggish on Expo for some reason. Not sure why Expo feels more sluggish than Linear to me.

Just going to stick with what I like best. Linear Ramp with a straight 12 curve. I saw some people criticizing Linear for using curves (or boost) but in the setups that I do, any curve or boost is strictly to overcome the deadzone issue and nothing more. My goal is a 1:1 setup which I feel like I have.

Hey Gunit2004, can you share your cpmplete final setup?

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: xiiProG_NiTROiix
« Reply #426 on: 10:36 AM - 09/03/17 »
Has something changed about linear as iv just come back to using it with 0 aim ease in and the turning seems to be faster while still being very precise maybe im going mad but it definately feels better than it did
Mainly play overwatch
Generally high master low gm ☺

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 07:03 PM - 09/03/17 »
This is my linear setup on Xbox One:

OW Settings: 100 horizontal/vertical sens, 100 aim assist strength, 3 aim assist window (this is personal preference, but I recommend something in the 0-5 range. Linear setup does not feel very good with a large aim assist window because it becomes difficult to break into the aim assist bubble around enemy bodies), 0 aim ease in. Of course, use Linear Ramp and make sure you are not on Expo or Dual Zone  :P

- Console Controller Crossover ST (you cannot use the official Overwatch ST with this Linear setup)

- 2000 mouse dpi, 500hz polling rate (I recently moved back to 500hz polling from 1000hz and it just feels a lot better and more consistent to me on all mice), 152.50 XIM sens (linear requires a much higher XIM sens than the usual expo ramp setup on the official OW ST). I feel like this might explain why some people feel linear is too sluggish? Perhaps you used too low XIM sens. If you want to match my XIM sens but want to use a higher mouse DPI like 12k or something, then use this DPI calculator, punch in your numbers (put my 2000 dpi & 152.50 sens in the "current DPI" & "current sensitivity" box) and put your desired DPI in the box and then use the sensitivity that it gives you as your new XIM sens.

- 1.50 Y/X ratio (absolutely necessary because vertical sens seems to be slower on the console controller crossover ST, 1.50 Y/X makes them equal)

- Use the following 12.0 curve if you are on Xbox One:

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1GCIsNkBKVF5ocnyGkJqkrrjCyMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Or use the following 8.0 curve if you are on PS4:

X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1EBokLjhCTFZganR+iJKcprC6xMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

NOTE: I do not have a PS4 and some people have reported that 8.0 is not enough to overcome the deadzone problem. You can see if you are having the deadzone problem by moving your mouse in VERY VERY small movements (I am talking pixel by pixel movement on screen). If you are not getting movement or getting choppy movement, then use the 8.5 curve below instead:

X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1ERslLzlDTVdha3V/iZOdp7G7xcjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

These curves are strictly designed to just overcome the deadzone problem and nothing else. I am kind of wary of the above PS4 curves because since I don't have a PS4 I haven't tested them personally. If 8.5 is too high of a value, it will end up feeling floaty and you won't have a good experience. That is why I suggest trying the 8.0 first. You want to use the lowest number possible for it to feel like 1:1 mouse movement. But for Xbox One I can vouch that the 12.0 curve above is perfect for overcoming the deadzone.

Another thing that I feel is really important is to use a gold XIM firmware. By that, I mean DON'T use one of the experimental SA firmwares. There are a lot of people on these experimental firmwares and it will affect your ability to use the Linear setup properly. So use the latest official firmware found here: http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49093.0

There is no need to use boost, steady aim or any of that other stuff. The curve alone fixes the deadzone issue.

I also want to mention that I use a large XL mousepad and controlled mouse movement. I don't play a whole lot of high mobility flankers like Genji/Tracer but I play a lot of hitscan like McCree and Soldier.

Much of what I said above has already been the Linear setup being suggested since the beginning but I wanted to make it more detailed so that people are using Linear PROPERLY and not writing it off immediately because they failed to set it up properly. If there is any setting I missed that you are confused about let me know.

« Last Edit: 07:52 PM - 09/03/17 by gunit2004 »
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline A Big Ol Bully

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 10:48 AM - 09/04/17 »
So at first I didn't know what you guys were talking about, to me Linear feels the same as it has since they added it. Then I turned on Aim Assist. Aim Assist slows you down a LOT more now. I had a video I made a month or so testing turn speeds with Aim Assist on and off to prove a point and now comparing that video with the game, it SEEMS TO ME like they've nerfed the turn speed when locked onto a player. I'm wondering if the scale of Aim Assist has been changed with more aid at the 100 end.
I've said this 100 times but turn that S.H.I.T off! Really please don't complain about irregular gameplay when you have your settings on "Overwatch can you aim for me please" setting.

TL:DR - Aim Assist slows your turns (seemingly even worse now), the less aim assist the faster turns (when enemies are around)

Online BlueAid

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 08:43 PM - 09/04/17 »
So I just bought this game and it'll be here in a couple days. Since this thread is 29 pages, I was just wondering if everything in the OP is still up to date? Any particular post in this thread that is definitely worth a read? I bought it for Xbox One.
CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Logitech G203 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 Pro | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Offline Bayo

• Cripple
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BayonettasButt
« Reply #430 on: 09:06 AM - 11/10/17 »
First post and an early one. This thread has 29 pages and while I intend to read it all and tweak a little, can't say that I may.

So far this is working for me on XB1X. It feels pretty darned close to PC with aim assist entirely removed and I've not received any of the stutter I experienced on the native profile or just using linear. The reason I'm posting is two fold. I've come from PC having played around 1k~ hours and I'm very used to playing at a specific DPI/Sens (800/25.5). Is there any easy way to calculate how this method works out with DPI so I can adjust?  Currently I have it around 1500 DPI and 425 sens in XIM with a 12.5% curve but it still feels off and I'm not sure if I could realistically use the scope properly due to being unable to put in a sens above 500 in the app. If I could get this sorted, it would be golden.

The other thing is that I noticed the turn speed/notification LED's blink but I don't get the sudden stop or slowdown. It seems to just work as it would on PC for me.

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 02:33 PM - 11/10/17 »
Sorry to let ypu know but you will never achieve a sense close to your pc settings as console ow has a turn speed cap and a low one at that your sim on a really high sensitivity will be awfull due to always hitting the turn cap and you will probly also have jittery aim and pixel skipping
Mainly play overwatch

Offline Bayo

• Cripple
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BayonettasButt
« Reply #432 on: 04:03 PM - 11/10/17 »
Sorry to let ypu know but you will never achieve a sense close to your pc settings as console ow has a turn speed cap and a low one at that your sim on a really high sensitivity will be awfull due to always hitting the turn cap and you will probly also have jittery aim and pixel skipping
Yeah, the odd thing is that I've managed to make it perform close even though it's notifying me of the turn cap but I just can't seem to get it close to my cm/360 of 6.791~. I'm not looking to do fast spins but just replicate the same sort of small movements that I do on PC at that sens (matching it as close as possible to my muscle memory). If anything, it's more an uncertainty of how the XIM actually handles DPI that I'm trying to work out to find the best compromise.

EDIT: To make it clear, I'm looking to find out what DPI/sens the xim tops out at before it hits the turn speed limit.
« Last Edit: 04:23 PM - 11/10/17 by Bayo »

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 08:30 PM - 11/10/17 »
IM no expert but i believe because it is based on an exponential curve there isnt a generic value it caps at for example you hit the turn speed limit on every setting and i get what you mean man its a real pain if you do find something that you like and can deal with dont change it you will adapt to the anoyances that initially hold you back
Mainly play overwatch

Offline xYouVandal

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 06:05 PM - 12/26/17 »
This is my linear setup on Xbox One:

OW Settings: 100 horizontal/vertical sens, 100 aim assist strength, 3 aim assist window (this is personal preference, but I recommend something in the 0-5 range. Linear setup does not feel very good with a large aim assist window because it becomes difficult to break into the aim assist bubble around enemy bodies), 0 aim ease in. Of course, use Linear Ramp and make sure you are not on Expo or Dual Zone  :P

- Console Controller Crossover ST (you cannot use the official Overwatch ST with this Linear setup)

- 2000 mouse dpi, 500hz polling rate (I recently moved back to 500hz polling from 1000hz and it just feels a lot better and more consistent to me on all mice), 152.50 XIM sens (linear requires a much higher XIM sens than the usual expo ramp setup on the official OW ST). I feel like this might explain why some people feel linear is too sluggish? Perhaps you used too low XIM sens. If you want to match my XIM sens but want to use a higher mouse DPI like 12k or something, then use this DPI calculator, punch in your numbers (put my 2000 dpi & 152.50 sens in the "current DPI" & "current sensitivity" box) and put your desired DPI in the box and then use the sensitivity that it gives you as your new XIM sens.

- 1.50 Y/X ratio (absolutely necessary because vertical sens seems to be slower on the console controller crossover ST, 1.50 Y/X makes them equal)

- Use the following 12.0 curve if you are on Xbox One:

X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1GCIsNkBKVF5ocnyGkJqkrrjCyMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Or use the following 8.0 curve if you are on PS4:

X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1EBokLjhCTFZganR+iJKcprC6xMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

NOTE: I do not have a PS4 and some people have reported that 8.0 is not enough to overcome the deadzone problem. You can see if you are having the deadzone problem by moving your mouse in VERY VERY small movements (I am talking pixel by pixel movement on screen). If you are not getting movement or getting choppy movement, then use the 8.5 curve below instead:

X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1ERslLzlDTVdha3V/iZOdp7G7xcjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

These curves are strictly designed to just overcome the deadzone problem and nothing else. I am kind of wary of the above PS4 curves because since I don't have a PS4 I haven't tested them personally. If 8.5 is too high of a value, it will end up feeling floaty and you won't have a good experience. That is why I suggest trying the 8.0 first. You want to use the lowest number possible for it to feel like 1:1 mouse movement. But for Xbox One I can vouch that the 12.0 curve above is perfect for overcoming the deadzone.

Another thing that I feel is really important is to use a gold XIM firmware. By that, I mean DON'T use one of the experimental SA firmwares. There are a lot of people on these experimental firmwares and it will affect your ability to use the Linear setup properly. So use the latest official firmware found here: http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49093.0

There is no need to use boost, steady aim or any of that other stuff. The curve alone fixes the deadzone issue.

I also want to mention that I use a large XL mousepad and controlled mouse movement. I don't play a whole lot of high mobility flankers like Genji/Tracer but I play a lot of hitscan like McCree and Soldier.

Much of what I said above has already been the Linear setup being suggested since the beginning but I wanted to make it more detailed so that people are using Linear PROPERLY and not writing it off immediately because they failed to set it up properly. If there is any setting I missed that you are confused about let me know.

I have been lurking around the forums for a while, testing out people's curves and settings with mixed results, but I just had to finally register so I could thank you. I tested your curve and settings and immediately racked up 60 elims on my first game with Soldier 76, I think I've finally found something that works for me! Thank you