XIM Community

Auxiliary problem Fortnite  (Read 3945 times)

Offline elementcs13

• View Profile
Re: Auxiliary problem Fortnite
« Reply #30 on: 06:20 PM - 04/20/18 »
Pressing the same button to activate an Aux will always deactivate it. There’s no need to set it as a Deactivate button, that may simply quickly turn off the Aux then back on again if there’s a delay set.

Exactly. So I just add Y and RB as extra deactivations, but just right clicking again should be good. Setting the same button that activates it makes it bug out sometimes.

Offline moniray

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07:03 PM - 04/20/18 »
Pressing the same button to activate an Aux will always deactivate it. Thereís no need to set it as a Deactivate button, that may simply quickly turn off the Aux then back on again if thereís a delay set.
With builder pro its only B button that gets you back to your wepon

Offline Khaled87

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Khaledm87
« Reply #32 on: 12:05 PM - 04/21/18 »
I was able to make an auxiliary profile for building mode.  I set my activation/deactivation as build (same as build in Hip).  Set a 100 ms delay, cleared inherit, set to toggle, cleared all bindings for build in this new auxiliary profile.  Everything works for me.  When I deactivate my auxiliary profile it brings up my weapon (or whatever I was using before entering build mode I think).  I see some of you want to bring up the pickaxe and use that as de-activation.  I have not tried that.

Itís not working for me.
Setting toggle ON, would make the game think Iím holding B (build) button, which would mess everything. Itís not a normal behaviour. Itís strange why you canít just activate the aux just by tapping the B button.
Could be a bug the device/software?
XBOX One | XIM APEX | Corsair K70 RBG rapidfire | Logitech G502 - 12k dpi 1000Hz | Mousepad: Corsair M300

TedRoc07

« Reply #33 on: 01:30 PM - 04/26/18 »

Itís not working for me.
Setting toggle ON, would make the game think Iím holding B (build) button, which would mess everything. Itís not a normal behaviour. Itís strange why you canít just activate the aux just by tapping the B button.
Could be a bug the device/software?

This is not correct, "Toggle ON" would mean you need to simply press 1 button to enter new Sub config menu. Toggle Off means that the activation button must be held for the duration for sub config to be active.

Offline Khaled87

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Khaledm87
« Reply #34 on: 03:10 PM - 04/26/18 »

This is not correct, "Toggle ON" would mean you need to simply press 1 button to enter new Sub config menu. Toggle Off means that the activation button must be held for the duration for sub config to be active.

I know that. Youíre describing the activating options.
My problem is, when I set Toggle ON, and just one tap the activation button (the building key in this case) it does activate the profile, but it keeps registering in-game as if IíM HOLDING down the button! The game literally acts like Iím continuously pressing the activation button while Iím not.

If itís acting differently to you guys, then itís a bug, and I need to see what to do about it.
« Last Edit: 06:38 PM - 04/26/18 by Khaled87 »
XBOX One | XIM APEX | Corsair K70 RBG rapidfire | Logitech G502 - 12k dpi 1000Hz | Mousepad: Corsair M300

TedRoc07

« Reply #35 on: 07:08 AM - 04/27/18 »
Correct, because you have "toggle on" so if "B" is your key bind to activate this sub config and build mode. You should implement a small delay 50ms and add De activation keys like Y for pick axe and maybe X for reload? IDK, but do not use B for a de activation key. I'd also suggest disabling "B" from this sub config. If you need the "B" key when in this sub config/mode then set a different key as a secondary bind to the "B" key. As stated previously in this thread the reason for disabling this "B" key is because no matter what, The Activation key will always serve as a De activation key but using in this way can cause problems.

So, to try and tidy this up. If I want a sub config for building. You should:
-Select "toggle on"
- assign the "B" key to a key bind for simplicity bind to "B"(This key binding will be done in Hip aim)
-Add a 50ms delay
-add De-activation Keys "Y" bound to Y and "X" bound to "X" (Key bindings done on new sub config page likely titled Build) FYI, keybinds can be set to any KB/mouse button you'd like.
-Unbind "B" from sub config (Do this by double tapping the in manager on "B"
- For "B" button on XBOX controller to remain active, under secondary bindings assign "B" to a different KB key.

I believe this will work for you, I do not have a sub config for building personally but have set up quite a few sub configs for other games.

Offline Torderro

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Buxsadme
« Reply #36 on: 11:30 AM - 04/27/18 »
Correct, because you have "toggle on" so if "B" is your key bind to activate this sub config and build mode. You should implement a small delay 50ms and add De activation keys like Y for pick axe and maybe X for reload? IDK, but do not use B for a de activation key. I'd also suggest disabling "B" from this sub config. If you need the "B" key when in this sub config/mode then set a different key as a secondary bind to the "B" key. As stated previously in this thread the reason for disabling this "B" key is because no matter what, The Activation key will always serve as a De activation key but using in this way can cause problems.

So, to try and tidy this up. If I want a sub config for building. You should:
-Select "toggle on"
- assign the "B" key to a key bind for simplicity bind to "B"(This key binding will be done in Hip aim)
-Add a 50ms delay
-add De-activation Keys "Y" bound to Y and "X" bound to "X" (Key bindings done on new sub config page likely titled Build) FYI, keybinds can be set to any KB/mouse button you'd like.
-Unbind "B" from sub config (Do this by double tapping the in manager on "B"
- For "B" button on XBOX controller to remain active, under secondary bindings assign "B" to a different KB key.

I believe this will work for you, I do not have a sub config for building personally but have set up quite a few sub configs for other games.

Okay I super appreciate your detailed effort to explain how to get this to work, but if I can't enter and exit the aux with the exact same button, I can't help but feel like it's way too clunky feeling

but this is a working way to get aux mode building.

but the only way to exit build mode on builder pro, is well...build mode button. nothing else will exit out.

and, no, I refuse to play combat pro. sorry.

I'd rather raise my sensitivity by 50 points and get rid of my ADS profile than to play on combat pro.
Bad sad Christmas.

Offline Deazly

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04:39 PM - 04/28/18 »
I've found a nice work-around for increased speed while building.

G502 or similar mouse required.

I use the thumb mouse button as DPI Shift. It speeds up DPI when held. So I can enter build mode. Hold wall. Hold DPI SHIFT. Rotate.

Seems to work well, minus builder pro bugs.

I believe some pros use this tactics for increase speed. Then you have ADS to slow aim. Three speed options. Seems to make sense and I haven't seen it addressed much regarding fortnite.
Gameplay @ TWITCH and YouTubes

Offline Torderro

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Buxsadme
« Reply #38 on: 09:48 PM - 04/28/18 »
I've found a nice work-around for increased speed while building.

G502 or similar mouse required.

I use the thumb mouse button as DPI Shift. It speeds up DPI when held. So I can enter build mode. Hold wall. Hold DPI SHIFT. Rotate.

Seems to work well, minus builder pro bugs.

I believe some pros use this tactics for increase speed. Then you have ADS to slow aim. Three speed options. Seems to make sense and I haven't seen it addressed much regarding fortnite.

Can you dpi increase and build mode all in one button?
Bad sad Christmas.

Offline Deazly

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11:05 PM - 04/28/18 »
I don't think so. Maybe with a macro? Doubt it. Need that aux toggle as requested, that is a game changer.

This is just one method. Not the solution for all problems.
Gameplay @ TWITCH and YouTubes