XIM Community

Overwatch Aim Assist Window Size Setting.  (Read 11339 times)

Offline Zationysk

• View Profile
Re: Overwatch Aim Assist Window Size Setting.
« Reply #30 on: 02:08 PM - 05/25/17 »
Ok guys, try this, I swear to god these settings are the nuts;

Aim Assist 100
Aim Assist Window 10
12K DPI
Steady Aim On
XIM Sensitivity 11
For Widowmaker adjust relative zoom to 80
No Curve
No Boost
Aim Smoothing 0
Expo Ramp
Recoil Compensation Off

Try this, I am landing shots with every character with insane precision now, I barely miss a shot with McRee. Also allows 180 turns without needing any arm work or mouse lifts for Tracer/Genji. It feels so @#$% good. I'm even landing shots with Hanzo which before I'd always miss. Perfect.

I think for widowmaker u should keep relative aim at 100 and if u think it's too fast adjust the ads sensitivity accordingly. Cause if u put anything less than max in game sensitivity u limit what the Xim can work with and I think that may apply to the relative zoom as well even tho u probably won't be doing full turns with ads XD

Unless u did that to avoid using a delay for the ads key or creat a new overwatch config.

Offline donatello

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 03:19 PM - 05/25/17 »
I guess now we can adjust the "aim bubble", putting 100 AA (Aim Assist) and lower a lot AAW (Aim Assist Window) is really good because with AAW at 0 it lowers your sense ONLY when you're ON the target.

And if you're failing to aim, just lower your sense or rise the AAW (not higher than 30 would be great I think).

Actually I'm needing precise aiming because of Soldier/Widow/Ana/Roadhog, but also need fast turn with Tracer, so I guess I'm going to put the sense I need to do a 180 easily and then adjust AAW to get precise aiming. With all characters I love to be able to do a 180 easily, because I hate dying because I have been killed from behind, so with all characters I need it (again it's due to consoles turn limits). Or try a curve which allow me to keep low sense and turn fast.

I tested today and came nearly to the same settings, just ohne difference: AAW = 0. Lowered my sens from 12.5 to 11, as it feels a bit faster with low AAW settings.

Aiming feels much more predictable with the new AAW setting!

Offline Hellohihello

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10:04 AM - 05/26/17 »
I created an ads on my over watch profile for a right click activation for widow and ana to slow down the sensitivity.

But other characters seem to slow down now when I press right click.  For example, genjis alternate slows my sensitivity because it thinks I'm adsing.

How do you guys set up ur profiles for Ana and widow? I don't like having to open up xim on my phone to switch to another ow profile just for widow and Ana.

Thanks!

A Big Ol Bully

« Reply #33 on: 11:02 AM - 05/26/17 »
I created an ads on my over watch profile for a right click activation for widow and ana to slow down the sensitivity.

But other characters seem to slow down now when I press right click.  For example, genjis alternate slows my sensitivity because it thinks I'm adsing.

How do you guys set up ur profiles for Ana and widow? I don't like having to open up xim on my phone to switch to another ow profile just for widow and Ana.

Thanks!

Set a little delay. Remember Widow isn't even powered up for like 300ms. I think even her ADS takes 100ms. Also I can't speak for all of us but I moved some of my ADS hand (for me the NAV left hand trigger) actions like Rheinhart's Shield and Mai's Ice Shot to my mouse's back button. You don't want any thing that takes longer than 300ms on that same button IMHO.

Move stuff around that's the fix.

No need for multiple profiles. I don't use them but IF a true Linear control scheme ever comes out with no speed limit then I'll probably use different sensitivities. I'd probably still just have 2 profiles though, one for distance hitscan and one for in your face heroes.
Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: 02:23 PM - 05/26/17 by A Big Ol Bully »

Offline Hellohihello

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11:43 AM - 05/26/17 »
Makes sense thanks!

Is there a way to bind a key to a profile and switch on the fly without opening the app?

Offline Djinouik

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: DeathBringer-57
« Reply #35 on: 08:45 PM - 05/26/17 »
You can assign keys for profiles to switch directly from keyboard

Offline Supernatural X

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06:27 PM - 05/28/17 »
You can set keys you dont use to different profiles in the top left hand of your manager. I have different profiles set to F1, F2, F3 etc.

Admin