XIM Community

Overwatch Aim Assist Window Size Setting.  (Read 11584 times)

Offline Logsi

• View Profile
Re: Overwatch Aim Assist Window Size Setting.
« Reply #15 on: 04:12 AM - 05/25/17 »
Will give these a try tonight. Was on 80% aim assist and 40% windows and seemed nice.

I'm sure my sensitivity is 22 with the G502 set to 12k dpi with 500hz polling.

I always trigger the capability of the ST.

Offline Zationysk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05:32 AM - 05/25/17 »
Guys, check this video:

https://youtu.be/zRS54CZTDpo

It gives us a pretty good idea of how the aim assist window works at 100, 50 and 0. I still feel like 0 is the best and I sugest everyone try it out for a few games.

It felt weird at first and I felt like my accuracy went down but after lowering my sensitivity from 8 to 7 at 12k dpi and practicing some more it feels amazing. This is the best overwatch has ever felt to me.

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taktikz
« Reply #17 on: 06:35 AM - 05/25/17 »
^^ Why 0?

Also your video is not working...

With 0 wouldn't it be harder to track Pharah in the air with Soldier at a distance?

Offline Zationysk

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07:40 AM - 05/25/17 »
^^ Why 0?

With 0 wouldn't it be harder to track Pharah in the air with Soldier at a distance?

Copy and paste this link https://youtu.be/zRS54CZTDpo

With my settings I have no issues tracking Pharas and most of the times I manage to hit head shots on them and that is usually the only way to kill them fast enough at long range with soldier.

The main component of the aim assist in this game is to slow down the aim near the target. At 0 it slows down ON the target. I think that as long as ur sensitivity is not too high it should be fine.

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07:46 AM - 05/25/17 »
^^ Why 0?

With my settings I have no issues tracking Pharas and most of the times I manage to hit head shots on them and that is usually the only way to kill them fast enough at long range with soldier.

The main component of the aim assist in this game is to slow down the aim near the target. At 0 it slows down ON the target. I think that as long as ur sensitivity is not too high it should be fine.

Roger that, my sens is currently at 15, I will give it a go at 0 tonight and also lower my sens perhaps. I'm currently using 50% window, 100& AA.

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09:17 AM - 05/25/17 »
Zatlon, question... does a sensitivity of 7 feel too slow for characters where you wanna turn quickly like Genji?

Is it alot of arm movement or is it fine? I also use 12k dpi so I'm curious. My sens is 14 or 15 at the moment, can't imagine playing with 7 sounds like alot of arm movement and mouse dragging to me?

Offline Zationysk

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10:36 AM - 05/25/17 »
Zatlon, question... does a sensitivity of 7 feel too slow for characters where you wanna turn quickly like Genji?

Is it alot of arm movement or is it fine? I also use 12k dpi so I'm curious. My sens is 14 or 15 at the moment, can't imagine playing with 7 sounds like alot of arm movement and mouse dragging to me?

Ever since I got Xim4 I focus more on precision/hit scan characters. Getting head shots is a big part of the fun for me. So yea my settings focus more on that.

That being said I can play tracer on grand master level and win matches. Usually I only get tracer tho when we are losing and my  team is not focus firing. Soldier can kill targets solo but not vs an organize team with good healers. In those cases tracer is a lot better for that. But that is besides the point here XD

Gengi I don't hav enough experience with him. But I never feel like I have a hard time turning fast enough with any character.

I do have a pretty huge mouse pad tho. And I do aim with my arm and do small adjustments with wrist. So yea if u don't have the space to try lower sensitivity just try to lower it as much as u can and do 360s without going over the edge of ur mousepad. Otherwise u will have to pick up ur mouse a lot and at that point it's probably better to use higher sensitivity instead.

Xim4 is not the same as PC cause of turn speed limits and all that but I do feel like lower sensitivity is a lot better for precision, for most ppl, kinda like PC.

If u do decide to give lower sensitivity a shot make sure u stick with it for awhile. It is frustrating at first but worth it IMO.

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10:58 AM - 05/25/17 »

Ever since I got Xim4 I focus more on precision/hit scan characters. Getting head shots is a big part of the fun for me. So yea my settings focus more on that.

That being said I can play tracer on grand master level and win matches. Usually I only get tracer tho when we are losing and my  team is not focus firing. Soldier can kill targets solo but not vs an organize team with good healers. In those cases tracer is a lot better for that. But that is besides the point here XD

Gengi I don't hav enough experience with him. But I never feel like I have a hard time turning fast enough with any character.

I do have a pretty huge mouse pad tho. And I do aim with my arm and do small adjustments with wrist. So yea if u don't have the space to try lower sensitivity just try to lower it as much as u can and do 360s without going over the edge of ur mousepad. Otherwise u will have to pick up ur mouse a lot and at that point it's probably better to use higher sensitivity instead.

Xim4 is not the same as PC cause of turn speed limits and all that but I do feel like lower sensitivity is a lot better for precision, for most ppl, kinda like PC.

If u do decide to give lower sensitivity a shot make sure u stick with it for awhile. It is frustrating at first but worth it IMO.

ok I just tried 8 sens n its way too much lifting of the mouse to do 180 turns for me, I play from sofa with 60inch tv, cloth mouse pad rested on a dinner tray to my right hand side, sounds weird but it's super comfortable. I have put it up to 10 sens and it feels better, can do 180s without having to lift mouse to readjust and aim also feels accurate.

Would you think the higher sens I should increase the window from 0 to 10 perhaps?

Offline Zationysk

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11:11 AM - 05/25/17 »
Would you think the higher sens I should increase the window from 0 to 10 perhaps?

Not sure but try this.

Go to the training area. Put ur aim on one of the robots and move around while trying to keep ur aim on its head. Then try that again on one of the moving robots. If u can't then change ur settings until u find something that feels the best while doing that.

Offline neat

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11:12 AM - 05/25/17 »
^^ Why 0?

Do you have 100 % Aim assist and 0 % aim assist window on every hero? I also main McCree/Soldier with the occasional Roadhog/Ana/Widowmaker

Offline neat

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11:13 AM - 05/25/17 »
And what does Steady Aim even do for OW? Do you use it for every hero aswell?

Offline Zationysk

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11:21 AM - 05/25/17 »
Do you have 100 % Aim assist and 0 % aim assist window on every hero? I also main McCree/Soldier with the occasional Roadhog/Ana/Widowmaker

And what does Steady Aim even do for OW? Do you use it for every hero aswell?

Yes every hero.

I don't use steady aim.

I dont know how to explain how steady aim works XD there are diferent versions of it depending on the firmware u are using and u can download specific ones. There is a forum post about it somewhere. I tested the basic one and I don't think it's needed for overwatch. However I read here about some ppl who use it so who knows...

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11:23 AM - 05/25/17 »
I currently have 100% Aa on every hero except Pharah which i have at 0. I just tried 10 AAW n it felt nice. I think its going to depend on your XIM Sens AAW will be between 0-30. Low sens players can use 0, higher sens players anything up to 30 for AAW.

Offline Mjölnir

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12:05 PM - 05/25/17 »
I guess now we can adjust the "aim bubble", putting 100 AA (Aim Assist) and lower a lot AAW (Aim Assist Window) is really good because with AAW at 0 it lowers your sense ONLY when you're ON the target.

And if you're failing to aim, just lower your sense or rise the AAW (not higher than 30 would be great I think).

Actually I'm needing precise aiming because of Soldier/Widow/Ana/Roadhog, but also need fast turn with Tracer, so I guess I'm going to put the sense I need to do a 180 easily and then adjust AAW to get precise aiming. With all characters I love to be able to do a 180 easily, because I hate dying because I have been killed from behind, so with all characters I need it (again it's due to consoles turn limits). Or try a curve which allow me to keep low sense and turn fast.

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12:53 PM - 05/25/17 »
Ok guys, try this, I swear to god these settings are the nuts;

Aim Assist 100
Aim Assist Window 10
12K DPI
Steady Aim On
XIM Sensitivity 11
For Widowmaker adjust relative zoom to 80
No Curve
No Boost
Aim Smoothing 0
Expo Ramp
Recoil Compensation Off

Try this, I am landing shots with every character with insane precision now, I barely miss a shot with McRee. Also allows 180 turns without needing any arm work or mouse lifts for Tracer/Genji. It feels so @#$% good. I'm even landing shots with Hanzo which before I'd always miss. Perfect.
« Last Edit: 12:57 PM - 05/25/17 by Taktikz »