XIM Community

Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition  (Read 1694 times)

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition
« on: 08:14 PM - 05/11/17 »
Just reporting that the new Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition works great.  :)
« Last Edit: 10:42 PM - 07/15/17 by gunit2004 »
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline Emanuel

• View Profile
Re: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition
« Reply #1 on: 04:56 PM - 05/18/17 »

EDIT: Does not remember DPI steps yet, it seems you just have to tap the DPI up to maximize it every time you connect to the XIM4. But the mouse is said to have onboard memory and an upcoming software update from Razer will enable it to be used.

Can you use it at 1000hz on XIM4? Because afaik it comes at 500hz stock settings and only with Synapse it can have 1000hz on windows.

Offline gonzythemage

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: GonzytheMage
« Reply #2 on: 07:33 AM - 05/30/17 »
I'm interested in this mouse. I have an email query out to razer for a status update that you mentioned about saving the dpi on the mouse.

So to be clear it works with Xim4 currently but it doesn't save your dpi from the computer. But when you get on your playstation you can hit a button to increase the dpi manually and it saves from as long as you are logged in. This process has to be repeated everytime you get on your playstation right? No other issues with the mouse functionality?

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:46 PM - 06/04/17 »
I'm interested in this mouse. I have an email query out to razer for a status update that you mentioned about saving the dpi on the mouse.

So to be clear it works with Xim4 currently but it doesn't save your dpi from the computer. But when you get on your playstation you can hit a button to increase the dpi manually and it saves from as long as you are logged in. This process has to be repeated everytime you get on your playstation right? No other issues with the mouse functionality?

EDIT: Does not remember DPI steps yet, it seems you just have to tap the DPI up to maximize it every time you connect to the XIM4. But the mouse is said to have onboard memory and an upcoming software update from Razer will enable it to be used.

Can you use it at 1000hz on XIM4? Because afaik it comes at 500hz stock settings and only with Synapse it can have 1000hz on windows.

Sorry for getting back to you guys after so long.

I got around to some experimenting today and the mouse does seem to remember the exact same settings you were last using on the PC.

For example, if I set 3200 DPI on my PC and then switch to the XIM4 (I use a IOGear KVM switch to switch between my PC and XIM) the mouse remembers the 3200 DPI on the XIM. However, if I hit either the DPI up or down buttons, the 3200 DPI is lost and it defaults back to what I'm assuming is steps of 800, 1800, 4500, 9000, 16000). So if you set a DPI and avoid hitting the DPI buttons once you are back on your XIM, there is no problem remembering DPI.

I'm assuming this goes the same for polling rate (I have mine set to 1000hz). I'd be surprised if it was not remembering the polling rate when it is able to remember the last DPI setting.

Chroma lighting is also retained (whatever lighting option you had set on the PC remains on XIM).
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:03 PM - 07/15/17 »
This still needs to be added to the compatibility list.

Everything works fine... the mouse remembers all settings (DPI, polling, surface calibration, lift off distance, lighting) after you set it on PC.

You just have to avoid hitting the DPI up/down buttons afterwards.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:30 AM - 07/16/17 »
Thanks, I'll note that behavior.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Its.Reverendzs

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Reverendzs TK
« Reply #6 on: 07:33 AM - 12/31/17 »
I'm not sure if this Thread is still Active but I Purchased a Razer Lancehead TE and a Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 to Replace the Outdated M&K I had beforehand... I used the M&K on the PC First to Test them out etc. But when I used the M&K on the XIM4 the Keyboard Retained its Chroma Stature but the Lancehead didn't. I have looked around to find a Solution but I can't seem to find one. Its a Weird Issue due to the Fact the Previous Mouse I used had LED's in it and it worked fine. The Mouse is On and Works fine but the Chroma doesn't.

If someone could Assist me with this Problem that would be Awesome and much Appreciated.

Thanks
- The Rev

~ Sorry in Advance if I have Posted this in the Incorrect Place.  :-\

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:54 AM - 12/31/17 »
From what I understand unfortunately most razer devices aren't able to retain all lighting profiles or macros. I think some devices can use one static lighting profile and some cannot. Hopefully someone with this device can help.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:28 PM - 12/31/17 »
Download the Synapse 3 beta app. You can then save all Lancehead settings on-board the mouse. It's one of the few Razer devices that supports on-board profiles.

Offline TedRoc07

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: TedRoc07
« Reply #9 on: 12:47 PM - 01/10/18 »

I believe most of the newer Razer products have small amount of on board memory for DPI settings and polling preferences and RGB settings. I use both the orbweaver and naga hex. I cannot utilize macros but my DPI and polling seem to stay consistent.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:21 AM - 01/11/18 »
Polling, DPI and lighting can be saved on-board any Razer device.

It's only a few that support full on-board profiles for bindings, sensitivity stages and macros via Synapse 3.