XIM Community

Help getting an aim smoothing/acceleration option added for Rainbow 6 Siege  (Read 3487 times)

Offline gravkaw

• View Profile
There is a reason why i created a curve with a linear line that has increased acceleration towards the right side of the box. This is a potential fix. Every time they update this game the aim acceration for each gun changes for some odd reason. You yourself using a xim can fix this problem..

You should provide evidence, cause my measurements say otherwise.
http://xboxclips.com/FaZe%20innoVate/94e70052-9610-4939-9d26-045353869573/embed

http://xboxclips.com/FaZe%20innoVate/485b59cd-7929-4fa5-9811-f958343c0688/embed

I really dont see what you guys are talking about.

Seeing as how you're on Xbox, It's possible that this is an issue on the PS4 only.

You can easily test it without precise measurements. Use the standard linear curve. Pick a spot in the game and place your crosshairs on it. Place your mouse on the left most edge of your mousepad (making sure your crosshairs remain on the spot you chose), now move your mouse horizontally to the right to a certain distance. Now move your mouse back to the left most edge on your mousepad and you'll notice that the in-game crosshairs did not return to the same spot you started from, it comes up short. It's the same with vertical movement as well (moving down is slower than up). You can watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtuJwjO8VSs to see how it's done.

Edit: to prevent any confusion, this is regarding the issue described in http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49741.15

Defiantly a playstation issue then. I just ran that test and did not come up short what so ever. Why dont you guys try out using the translator for the xbox one on the ps4?

One edge tothe other edge. Hip and ads.

http://xboxclips.com/FaZe%20innoVate/3fd148aa-6e2e-49b4-b825-ace37c48d4f7/embed

http://xboxclips.com/FaZe%20innoVate/b4f8d49f-6857-40dd-b5cb-d4eb20a8a052/embed

Even with the Xbox One translator the issue is still present on the PS4 version, meaning something changed with the acceleration in the game (bug?).

Offline Driscoll

• View Profile
i think mist said he is getting the game in the second week of may and he will test it then

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I actually pm'd you last night, imanhp. Did you receive it? I was curious about your DPI, sensitivity, and whether the game update you mentioned has been released.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Driscoll

• View Profile
I actually pm'd you last night, imanhp. Did you receive it? I was curious about your DPI, sensitivity, and whether the game update you mentioned has been released.

Hi mist
sorry did not see the pm ... still not used to the new layout of the site
my apologies

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
No worries, just checking if it went through. I think you're my first pm using the new site.

Offline Driscoll

• View Profile
No worries, just checking if it went through. I think you're my first pm using the new site.

yea it went through
the site does look good tho ... more professional  but really different

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
What about the left/right problem? Should we report it?

If XIM technicians find a way to compensate it, XIM4 users will have a huge (and totally legal) advantage.

If there is no way to compensate it with the XIM4, then we should report it.

This is how I see it.

Offline gravkaw

• View Profile

If XIM technicians find a way to compensate it, XIM4 users will have a huge (and totally legal) advantage.

This is how I see it.

The main reason that I haven't reported that specific issue is due to the fact that there is a lot of hate toward mouse & keyboard users on console (Reddit and official Ubisoft forums). You could end up getting banned if it's true that Ubisoft considers it to be cheating (unsure). It's also an issue that most controller users aren't aware of.

If you want, feel free to report it but I would advise against mentioning anything about using a mouse & keyboard.

It would be great if the XIM smart translator trainer could compensate for this weird acceleration issue. Though I'm kinda hoping that if the R6 Siege devs look into adjusting/disabling acceleration that they may also end up fixing this bug. We'll have to wait and see.

Offline MyName1

• View Profile
There will be alot of changes in the game since the "New" season "health" was announced.

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
The main reason that I haven't reported that specific issue is due to the fact that there is a lot of hate toward mouse & keyboard users on console (Reddit and official Ubisoft forums). You could end up getting banned if it's true that Ubisoft considers it to be cheating (unsure).
You play with the peripheral that works best for you, plus input modulators and key switching are legal. Only key sequence macros are illegal.

Offline Driscoll

• View Profile
There will be alot of changes in the game since the "New" season "health" was announced.

I feel sry if you really believe that
The changes to the game is those known  issue list and there is no such thing about aim and looking ... its all about hibana bug or map problems and such
Or who knows maybe they were not ready for new map and that why they cut it

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile

This is how I see it.

Report this. I found another issue that should be reported as well but want more time to look at it. May share later today.

Offline Driscoll

• View Profile
that the problem just exists on ps4 or is it on the xbox as well ?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I've found two things

1) The deadzone is changing on PS4. It seems to have a higher chance of changing if I alter an in-game setting, then the next round it will be different until the next round or match. Powercycling XIM4 doesn't help, it's definitely game related.

I haven't been able to reproduce it 100% of the time but I've been most successful by changing the right stick deadzone then changing it back. The deadzone will be incorrect for the next match. It's still playable but very noticeable when making small movements.

2) There are small velocity jumps at low magnitude and possibly throughout the look mechanic. You don't need a XIM4 to reproduce this, just a deadzone tool. I stopped counting after three jumps. These are sudden bursts of speed. Movement doesn't continue to ramp up, it ramps then suddenly it's much faster, then ramps, then faster again. This is what is causing the acog issues at high sensitivity.

Unfortunately these are game issues that can only be solved by the game developer.

Offline Driscoll

• View Profile
I've found two things

1) The deadzone is changing on PS4. It seems to have a higher chance of changing if I alter an in-game setting, then the next round it will be different until the next round or match. Powercycling XIM4 doesn't help, it's definitely game related.

I haven't been able to reproduce it 100% of the time but I've been most successful by changing the right stick deadzone then changing it back. The deadzone will be incorrect for the next match. It's still playable but very noticeable when making small movements.

2) There are small velocity jumps at low magnitude and possibly throughout the look mechanic. You don't need a XIM4 to reproduce this, just a deadzone tool. I stopped counting after three jumps. These are sudden bursts of speed. Movement doesn't continue to ramp up, it ramps then suddenly it's much faster, then ramps, then faster again. This is what is causing the acog issues at high sensitivity.

Unfortunately these are game issues that can only be solved by the game developer.
well thank you for your transparency and clear answer