XIM Community

Perfect Keypad For XIM users!? **UPDATED**  (Read 3476 times)

Offline Aspid

• View Profile
Re: Perfect Keypad For XIM users!? **UPDATED**
« Reply #15 on: 04:45 AM - 06/07/17 »
Got it yesterday. Many thanks to Lord of the Sith  for advising to pay attention to this keypad. Did not notice any errors when it’s connected to xim4. Leds are working. Just a little tweaking on the pc, and you're ready to play. It's funny but according to my feelings the red Cherry switches are felt not so different from the brown Kailh switches . Maybe because I did an o-ring mod first before testing. x)

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02:27 PM - 06/10/17 »
Happy you like it dude! I love mine, happy gaming!
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline xSundown

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05:13 AM - 06/11/17 »
No directional  thumb pad stick no buy. I love using the thumb bad for 4 inputs for the d pad functions.
[email protected]| Noctua D15s| Asus Gene Viii| 16gb DDR4 3200mhz G.Skill Trident RAM| Phanteks Evolv mATX| EVGA 750w G2| 1tb Samsung Evo SSD| EVGA GTX 980ti FTW| Dell U3415W

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05:00 AM - 02/12/18 »
I know this is an old thread, but I just came across it. Does anyone know if the switches are plate or PCB mounted? I was thinking of doing an Ergodox build with a combination of Gateron browns and reds but this looks cheaper. I have a Let's Split but there just aren't enough keys on one board to play comfortably with. This pad looks perfect and for that price I wouldn't mind picking one up and messing around with it. Thanks.
Xbox One X
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01:01 AM - 02/20/18 »
Are people that have this Keypad still liking it? I just bought the non-backlit version with red switches and awaiting for it to show. Just curious how it's holding up. I hope to make 1 touch macros with it for building walls and ramps in fornite. The way the controls are now makes it a nightmare for building to me.

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04:25 AM - 02/21/18 »
Are people that have this Keypad still liking it? I just bought the non-backlit version with red switches and awaiting for it to show. Just curious how it's holding up. I hope to make 1 touch macros with it for building walls and ramps in fornite. The way the controls are now makes it a nightmare for building to me.

I went with the non-backlit Gateron Black switches and I love it. I had to do absolutely nothing to it and it worked just fine. Feels well built. Definitely worth it IMO if you're trying to save space.
« Last Edit: 02:36 PM - 02/21/18 by wicked96ta »
Xbox One X
XIM Apex
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04:35 AM - 02/21/18 »
I love this keypad! I've used it every day since I started this thread and it's still going strong.
I like the face I have ALT, SPACE, and M on the same row for my thumb to reach!

Considering buying the second half if I can find it and doing away with my 60% poker 3 altogether, which i keep on the side for typing!

Offline Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02:23 AM - 02/22/18 »
Thanks for the replies! I received mine today and must say for the price and how compact it is, I'm loving it! I did get the non-backlit Gateron Red switches and first thing I did was pull all the key caps off and put blue O-rings on them. Quiets it down a little and very happy with the result. I messed with the macro system some and although I've kinda figured it out, I can't really get the results I want for quick button building in Fortnite. I'll have to work on that again. When I had all the caps off the switches looks to be plate mounted? Not 100% sure because mechanical keyboards are new to me. Anyways, if anyone is looking for gamepad I would definitely consider this.

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03:12 AM - 02/22/18 »
Thanks for the replies! I received mine today and must say for the price and how compact it is, I'm loving it! I did get the non-backlit Gateron Red switches and first thing I did was pull all the key caps off and put blue O-rings on them. Quiets it down a little and very happy with the result. I messed with the macro system some and although I've kinda figured it out, I can't really get the results I want for quick button building in Fortnite. I'll have to work on that again. When I had all the caps off the switches looks to be plate mounted? Not 100% sure because mechanical keyboards are new to me. Anyways, if anyone is looking for gamepad I would definitely consider this.

Yeah, I did the same thing as you and put 1.5mm O-rings and that's when I noticed it was plate mounted as well. Oh well, I'm still going to desolder some of the switches and maybe install some Gateron green or brown tactile switches in the future. I didn't mess with the macros yet but I do want to make the Z key act as a crouch long press so I can simply tap it and have my soldier go prone. Overall, I'm very glad I came across this post. Thanks Lord Of The Sith.
« Last Edit: 03:18 AM - 02/22/18 by wicked96ta »
Xbox One X
XIM Apex
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03:58 PM - 02/27/18 »

Yeah, I did the same thing as you and put 1.5mm O-rings and that's when I noticed it was plate mounted as well. Oh well, I'm still going to desolder some of the switches and maybe install some Gateron green or brown tactile switches in the future. I didn't mess with the macros yet but I do want to make the Z key act as a crouch long press so I can simply tap it and have my soldier go prone. Overall, I'm very glad I came across this post. Thanks Lord Of The Sith.

Happy days! and happy gaming brother!

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11:43 AM - 04/03/18 »
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078X87KH8/ref=pe_2013121_249225231_em_1p_9_im

Found this on Amazon, thought some of you may be intrested.

Offline Zombieguy

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Zombie_Be_Gone
« Reply #26 on: 08:51 AM - 04/07/18 »
This is what I use.

http://matias.ca/ergopro/pc/

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09:57 AM - 04/07/18 »
That's nice dude, and a row of macros.