XIM Community

Destiny 2  (Read 27829 times)

Offline 303Panda

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Tsunami2267
Destiny 2
« on: 01:15 PM - 04/25/17 »
I just want to know when Destiny 2 comes out with the XIM4 work for it?
How about when it is release for beta?

Thanks

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Destiny 2
« Reply #1 on: 01:55 PM - 04/25/17 »
Welcome to the community. Yes, Destiny 2 will be supported. It takes about a week to see support after the game release.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:27 AM - 04/30/17 »
I think he's asking about the upcoming closed beta, for preorders.

I wasn't around for Destiny 1 Alpha/Beta. I'm guessing players were using alternative ST's, maybe Halo?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:43 PM - 04/30/17 »
Yes, people used other STs like Halo. I would start with the Destiny 1 ST then go from there.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:17 PM - 04/30/17 »
My guess (more a hope...) is that the Destiny 2 look mechanics will change substantially due to the inclusion of PC. So it's really a 'suck it and see' scenario.

That's especially true for the beta, which are typically not supported by Xim as mechanics can change between beta and gold.

Offline 303Panda

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Tsunami2267
« Reply #5 on: 03:10 PM - 05/30/17 »
Sorry for being a noob what do you mean by ST? does it mean Standard or setup?

Thanks

turkpac

« Reply #6 on: 07:42 AM - 05/31/17 »
Sorry for being a noob what do you mean by ST? does it mean Standard or setup?

Thanks

ST = Smart Translator, you can read about it in the manual (http://xim.tech/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/XIM4-User-Manual.pdf)

SMART TRANSLATORS
Through Smart Translators, XIM4 is able to provide unparalleled mouse precision unachievable by any other
gaming adapter available. The problem is simple: when the mouse moves, equivalent reticle movement on the
screen should occur (i.e. 1-to-1 movement). This is the obvious result that all PC-gamers expect. But, before the
creation of Smart Translators, was not possible on consoles. Every console shooter has its own unique aiming
system that governs how the game controls and feels to the gamer. Every game is different as they all have
different stick dead-zones and geometries, variable sensitivity and acceleration regions, asymmetric sensitivity,
non-linear movement, and more. XIM4ís Smart Translators is the only comprehensive solution for the entire look
mechanic problem.

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taktikz
« Reply #7 on: 09:09 AM - 05/31/17 »
Destiny 2 will be horrendous to play with a XIM again because it's still ridiculously only going to run at 30 frames per second.

Meaning, the aim assist is going to be mega strong, the turn speed is going to be abysmal, and running/turning, turning in general is going to feel like you're turning in glue.

I am not playing Destiny 1 anymore because of this and also won't be getting Destiny 2 - which I am gutted about because I thought it was a dead certainty Destiny 2 would be running at 60fps, on PVP atleast !! Especially since it's no longer coming out on old gen console and we have PS4 Pro.

It seems though they've decided to run the game at 4K @ 30fps, instead of 1080p @ 60fps... they're not even giving us the choice to choose.

Who the hell would anyone prefer 4K @ 30fps on an FPS game over 1080p @ 60fps? What about the people without 4K TV's? It's just a stupid decision by Bungie, or a lazy @#$% one.

Only got to look at games like BF1, Titanfall, Overwatch - they actually look better visually than Destiny and run smoother at or close to 60fps with un-noticeable dips.

It's pathetic and I am not happy about it because I was looking forward to the game, I enjoy the game, the game mechanics, but hate the way the game feels @ 30fps, as I do when any game runs at 30fps, causes me more frustration than anything. Especially in PVP.

Offline Supernatural X

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:39 PM - 05/31/17 »
If the turn speed when sprinting is fixed it will feel better, but the game will still feel cancerous because Bungie are @#$% stupid and decided to make a next gen game 30 FPS. I'll probably end up playing it with a controller until RML or someone else comes up with some complicated but good set up.

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:04 PM - 05/31/17 »
Destiny 2 will be horrendous to play with a XIM again because it's still ridiculously only going to run at 30 frames per second.
I feel you. Had over 3000 hours in the Crucible.  I could not believe the 30FPS announcement. 60 is just so much better for a shooter. Much lower input lag, much greater control over your aim and much faster reaction to threats.

Between the stupid trash Blizzard is pulling in Overwatch with broken aiming and lying about platform specific balancing, and now Bungie making their 30FPS disgrace I'm sick of it. I will be playing on the PC, will not spend a dime more on Sony's platform. 1440p, 144FPS, no aim assist, no exponential acceleration trash, no turn limits. 

Offline Supernatural X

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06:44 PM - 05/31/17 »
I feel you. Had over 3000 hours in the Crucible.  I could not believe the 30FPS announcement. 60 is just so much better for a shooter. Much lower input lag, much greater control over your aim and much faster reaction to threats.

Between the stupid trash Blizzard is pulling in Overwatch with broken aiming and lying about platform specific balancing, and now Bungie making their 30FPS disgrace I'm sick of it. I will be playing on the PC, will not spend a dime more on Sony's platform. 1440p, 144FPS, no aim assist, no exponential acceleration trash, no turn limits.

I agree getting sick of @#$% on Xbox One it's really starting to make me question why i'm even paying for Xbox Gold, I was going to try to go to PC but I don't have the money to buy a new one, my current PC can barely run csgo at 30 FPS on lowest settings with 4:3 so I settled for Xim on consoles.

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taktikz
« Reply #11 on: 04:33 AM - 06/01/17 »
Take it from me, Destiny is an addictive game, and when it gets it's hooks into you, you become blind to all the bull shiz that the game has, it's almost like you can't see it... luckily for me Battlefield 1 & Overwatch managed to retract the Destiny claws for me and I haven't played Destiny since, I went back to it and after 10 minutes I was like "How did I play this game so long, it's crap" .. looking back on it now, taking a step back, I wish I hadn't wasted so much of my time playing the game.

Honestly, it's all because the game runs like a PS3 game, it's just not smooth enough to play for me, it even hurts my eyes because it's so choppy compared to BF1 & Overwatch - and the lack of precision aiming and the super strong aim assist to counter the poor frames, it's just not fun - especially in PVP.

They're not even having dedicated servers in Destiny 2 for PVP, ludicrous ! D2 PVP is one, if not the worst lag fest experiences I've ever seen in a game. Especially when playing Trials of Osiris.

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Frash brang
« Reply #12 on: 04:26 PM - 06/01/17 »
Destiny is life. 30 fps disapoints for sure but the lure of perfectly rolled guns and exotic gear is too strong for me to eject the disc!

Like antithesis, I'm hoping for better control mechanics but I'm not counting my chickens....

Offline Supernatural X

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04:53 PM - 06/01/17 »
Taktikz don't get me wrong, I had like 100 days on it I know it's addictive but 30 FPS triggered me so hard. If the sprint turn speed is better then it will be a bit better but still it's BS that its 30 FPS on next gen consoles.

Offline Kiryn43

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kiryn43
  • PSN ID: Kiryn43
« Reply #14 on: 04:56 PM - 07/18/17 »
What little I've played of the beta today it seems like they changed the ST from Destiny 1 a little,  it still works with the profile I set up for Destiny 1 but aiming is a little jerkier.

Not to be off topic I wonder how many Xim4's destiny sold?   I personally bought one only because of Destiny 2,  and besides tinkering around with the console version of Overwatch and Elite Dangerous it's the only game I used my Xim4 all other shooters I play on PC.