XIM Community

More Scorpio news  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
More Scorpio news
« on: 01:51 PM - 04/12/17 »
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-project-scorpio-supports-freesync-and-hdmi-vrr

http://www.techspot.com/news/68917-have-look-microsoft-project-scorpio-dev-kit.html

Supports Freesync and HDMI 2.1

Also, the dev kit looks really good. Though, I wish the disc tray was where the white part was and the buttons on the dark part.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Microsoft Master Race

Re: More Scorpio news
« Reply #1 on: 02:15 PM - 04/12/17 »
The Freesync 2 implementation is great for games with unlocked framerates. It's an uncanny valley because you don't want devs to ignore the majority who will not have Freesync 2 monitors. Features are good regardless.

Also pics of the Scorpio Dev kit.

Also the reports of a front panel screen giving devs information of framerate is also true.

There is a lot of added features to the HDMI spec over the last couple of years 4K, HDR, VRR and Freesync...I am looking to buy a AV Receiver to have in between the Scorpio and my monitor but I have to make sure it's compatible with the 2.1 HDMI spec.

Should have more information after the Summer on updating monitor and receiver.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:49 PM - 04/12/17 »
freesync is nice indeed, question is how much games will make use out if it
also i dont think there are TVs with freesync right?

as for the console, man they should go with a better design lol
also no vent on the top of the case, one of the great things with the Xbox One is that its super silent
lets see if the scorpio can be similarly silent
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Microsoft Master Race

« Reply #3 on: 01:51 AM - 04/13/17 »
@Odin the Xbox One S (white) is one of the best looking consoles of all time. You want them to design something "better"? lol kind of unrealistic don't you think?

"Hey da Vinci I know you just finished the Mona Lisa...but can you create something better please? hurry too, thanks..." lol c'mon man.

Offline bf4noob56676

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:12 AM - 04/13/17 »
I don't care if you have a trillion T flops. Where are the games?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:00 AM - 04/13/17 »

as for the console, man they should go with a better design lol
also no vent on the top of the case, one of the great things with the Xbox One is that its super silent
lets see if the scorpio can be similarly silent

http://wccftech.com/project-scorpio-vapor-chamber-cooling-centrifugal-fan/

Centrifugal fan and vapor cooling + The Hovis method sounds interesting and could be ground breaking if it works as they say it will.

“We basically fine tune the voltages for each of the chips and optimize them so the chips are getting exactly what they need to get the job done…”, Microsoft’s general manager of Xbox hardware design, Leo Del Castillo, explained to Eurogamer. “That drives a much higher degree of efficiency into the system and allows us to get rid of a lot of wasted power that would otherwise come out as heat.”

I don't care if you have a trillion T flops. Where are the games?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

LMAO ... love it!

Offline Pfeuff

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pfoiffee
« Reply #6 on: 06:55 PM - 04/13/17 »
I've been talking with a friend (and game developer) about Scorpio, and this is what he had to say...

"They think they're on to a winner... It will be bad. Xbox One has 1.4 TFLOPS. Struggles with 1080p. They're only adding half as much more memory bandwidth, but 4x the resolution. So developers have 2.66x less memory per pixel to play with which is HUGE.

Then sure if got enough TFLOPS but only an actual performance improvement over 1080p of about 7%. That isn't much. Its going to be EXACTLY the same, but at 4k and the textures will actually be worse than the regular 1080p versions. You're just going to get Halo 4 textures at 4k.

Its going to be an absolute battle for developers for years because of DX12, nobody can squeeze 100% out of it yet."
« Last Edit: 07:03 PM - 04/13/17 by Pfeuff »

-My Setup-

- XIM3 | Xbox360 Pro 120GB
- XIM4 | XboxOne 1TB (Halo 5 LE Console)
- BenQ G2420HD Monitor (24"/1920x1080/2ms GTG) | *New Logitech G933 Gaming Headset | Logitech Z906 5.1 speakers
- Razer Orbweaver Gaming Keypad | Logitech G310 Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G700/s Wireless Gaming Mouse

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #7 on: 10:35 PM - 04/13/17 »
I don't know -- I think the Xbox team made a mistake with how they underpowered Xbox One, but, I do think they did their homework with Scorpio. They said they did extensive analysis of how games run and what they need for their target scenarios. This sort of data-driven approach is exactly how you ensure you are shipping the right thing.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Microsoft Master Race

« Reply #8 on: 01:55 AM - 04/14/17 »
I've been talking with a friend (and game developer) about Scorpio, and this is what he had to say...

"They think they're on to a winner... It will be bad. Xbox One has 1.4 TFLOPS. Struggles with 1080p. They're only adding half as much more memory bandwidth, but 4x the resolution. So developers have 2.66x less memory per pixel to play with which is HUGE.

Then sure if got enough TFLOPS but only an actual performance improvement over 1080p of about 7%. That isn't much. Its going to be EXACTLY the same, but at 4k and the textures will actually be worse than the regular 1080p versions. You're just going to get Halo 4 textures at 4k.

Its going to be an absolute battle for developers for years because of DX12, nobody can squeeze 100% out of it yet."

Halo 4 textures? lol the exaggeration is staggering.

Scorpio will get 4K with high to ultra settings on 1st party games and 4K medium to high settings on miltiplats.

Digital Foundry have already debunked your "friends" thoughts on the system.

I have been keeping a close eye on the PS4 Pro and how it handles the bump in resolution and frame rates and I know the Scorpio will handily trump that with ease so I am looking very much forward to that :)

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
« Reply #9 on: 09:52 PM - 04/14/17 »
The new Scorpio console is very exciting! I have been a huge fan of the PS4 Pro, and welcomed double gpu power over the PS4. But Scorpio is a even good leap beyond last year's Pro in terms of GPU. It's great Microsoft is setting the bar so high! Scorpio will definitely hold the title of console king 2018. It will be interesting to see How Sony responds. There's even a possibility they might announce it this year. The fight for market share is stronger than ever.
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM