XIM Community

Xim5 wishlist  (Read 3167 times)

Offline bf4noob56676

• View Profile
Xim5 wishlist
« on: 08:10 AM - 04/06/17 »
Xim4 was godly. Every day I destroy noobs cause I am @#$% with controller. On pc I am average never topping the leaderboards lol. Anyway call me a cheat I am having fun. What do you want on next device?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim5 wishlist
« Reply #1 on: 08:33 AM - 04/06/17 »
not gonna happen for obvious reasons but since its a whishlist, having a low-speced smart trainer aboard the xim so you can train your own configs for eg games without support or if you have early access to AAA games, would suffice until official support is out
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Loki Revamped
  • PSN ID: LokiRevamped
« Reply #2 on: 08:47 AM - 04/06/17 »
not gonna happen for obvious reasons but since its a whishlist, having a low-speced smart trainer aboard the xim so you can train your own configs for eg games without support or if you have early access to AAA games, would suffice until official support is out

+1, I would love to see this.
ping" width="200" height="200

Please don't trivialize something you don't understand

Offline drmeltdown

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:43 AM - 04/06/17 »
While I'd hate to have another cable to deal with, the next iteration could benefit from an external power adapter to eliminate the issues some have with peripherals that require a higher power draw and controllers not at full charge.

Offline Bountykilla83

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:18 PM - 04/06/17 »
@#$% a x5 wish list already

Offline reqless

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:14 AM - 04/07/17 »
1000hz option and coded to the polling rate of each individual console... as well as the DS4 Share button added to mappable buttons. Sony will most definitely keep that button for the DS5.

This would be great! Or a tool to help match the look mechanic to a pre-existing ST game
« Last Edit: 02:19 AM - 04/07/17 by reqless »
PC, PS4, & Switch | XIM Apex | M: ASUS VG248QE | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Corsair K95 | A: MMX300 + Mixamp | M: Zowie ZA12 | DPI: 3200

Offline ustu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:02 AM - 04/07/17 »
Headset support on the connected controller (or physical ports in device)

I don't want to use an USB headset - so I have to use a different controller right now

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:04 AM - 04/07/17 »
One consideration is that their proprietary logic used to develop ST's could be dangerously exposed if someone could get in there and reverse engineer it. ST's are the XIM's "special sauce" so I'm sure it would have to be very carefully considered.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Microsoft Master Race

« Reply #8 on: 09:20 AM - 04/07/17 »

Dudeeeee I was just thinking about this yesterday....I thought to myself "why we can't have a basic trainer to train certain games at certain settings?"

Halo 5 has too many stupid twiddles and knobs when it comes to configs.

Sensitivity (Horizontal & Vertical), Acceleration, Inner and Outer Dead zones.

It's kind of silly.

Also another advantage of having a basic trainer built in is for people that get the game, like Call of Duty, early every year. You know that people sometimes get these games 2 weeks early...it would be nice to have something in place to train a game without having access to the actual IP software that ObSiV holds dear.

That's the next evolution IMO.

Offline xSundown

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:54 AM - 04/07/17 »
Mounts that connect onto your console with a bracket of some sort. A clip on that's easily removable. Can also be purchased separately.
[email protected]| Noctua D15s| Asus Gene Viii| 16gb DDR4 3200mhz G.Skill Trident RAM| Phanteks Evolv mATX| EVGA 750w G2| 1tb Samsung Evo SSD| EVGA GTX 980ti FTW| Dell U3415W

Offline dirtytrickster

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: dirtytricksterr
« Reply #10 on: 05:15 PM - 04/07/17 »
Ability to toggle between sub configs w/o defaulting to "HIP" when exiting a sub config.

Ex.

In my airplane configuration in bf1. Free look sensitivity is much higher than id like and i was trying to setup a "airplane ads" which would toggle when i held the free look key. It would lower the sensitivity, then return to "airplane hip" when finished.

Offline drmeltdown

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:00 PM - 04/17/17 »
Another idea (yes, I know it's too early for this, but it's still fun to think about) would be a sd card slot for backing up profiles, firmware upgrading, or other future options not yet fathomable.

Offline Mark8010

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01:43 AM - 04/18/17 »

1. As others have mentioned a kind of watered down 'self-trainer' ST (much like you can do for yourself with a Titan One) - that we can tailer to our own games and more importantly tailored to our own mouse movements / style of play - a user specific ST essentially without revealing IP.

2. The default ST's to tackle games with strong aim assist better. For example, we have 1:1 movements when staring at a wall, but with games with strong aim assist you lose the 1:1 feel as you're constantly fighting AA and thus have no option to use acceleration via boost / ballistic curves. This leaves a XIM user at a disadvantage compared to a competent console user. A reworking of Steady Aim is required

3. An improvement to turn assist to better cope with games that have a low turn speed limit.

4. A XIM build replacement to the Sony Nav (yeah I know, a long shot!)

5. Easier to create custom ballistic curves and for the the XIM manager to map your mouse movements along the curve whilst playing - so you can assess the mouse output and where it is along the curve up to the turn speed limit - makes it much easier to create more accurate and personal curves as can identify accurately when acceleration etc is needed.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #13 on: 07:49 AM - 04/18/17 »
Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about AA since it's not predicable. There is no ST or modification to it that will eliminate it. The only thing that will is to turn it off in the game you are playing.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Mark8010

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09:36 AM - 05/13/17 »
Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about AA since it's not predicable. There is no ST or modification to it that will eliminate it. The only thing that will is to turn it off in the game you are playing.

AA is predictable and measurable, when it's effect is being applied is what XIM can't distinguish.

There is no need to eliminate AA, you can't turn it off in most games anyway and even if you could this would put you at too much off a disadvantage compared to a controller user, XIM won't make games feel like PC games when AA is turned off so there is no advantage in doing so.

What XIM could do much better at is achieving it's aims in games with strong AA without the need for high sensitivity (which means less precision and goes against one of the aims/advantages of the XIM) or acceleration via boost/ballistic curves (which goes against one of the selling points of 1:1 aim - as this is not achieved in games with high AA).

The whole premise behind Stv2 was the increased precision / extra granular aiming which sounds great in theory until you remember that console games are designed for controller use i.e. an aiming device that is the opposite of precision - hence why SA3 was voted the best SA build - the less granularity/precision of Stv1 works better for lower sensitivity players in games with high AA - this is why it was better than the aim smoothing attempts of some of the other SA builds, less granularity is the solution not aim smoothing which is too artificial and something from which muscle memory cannot be developed.

The SA development work is a major step to understanding how the XIM could better handle games with high AA and achieve it's stated goals, but this work was never seen through, which is a peculiar choice IMO given the two main things that stop XIM achieving it's goals (1:1 feel and not being at a disadvantage to a controller user) are low turn speed cap and aim assist. It feels like XIM development has been stagnant for a fair while now and canning the SA development work part way is disappointing.