XIM Community

2 general question  (Read 415 times)

Offline Driscoll

• View Profile
2 general question
« on: 07:54 PM - 04/02/17 »
Hi

1- from the day i got xim i heard that you should go 3000 dpi or higher with the mouse and yesterday i read an article about the built-in smoothing that most mice have that kicks in after a certain dpi ( usually after 2k dpi ) and in some mice   more dpi = more smoothing ...  is this the reasoning behind 300 or higher dpi for xim use ?

2 - wat is the major different between Ads and Hip translator and why is there an option to change it in PREBUILT configs ? ( you have to add ads tab in a game like R6 so it is normal too have an option to change it but in games like bf or cod there is an ads tab already so there really should not be any reason to have the option to change right ? )

Tank you in advanced

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: 2 general question
« Reply #1 on: 09:09 AM - 04/03/17 »
The behavior that happens at certain DPI levels will be based on the sensor used and how they designed the mouse. Yes, you should be using a high or max DPI for smoother micro movement.

Most games have a different look mechanic between Hip and ADS. XIM supports both cameras and each ST is activated based on whether you are looking from the hip or aiming down sight.

Siege has one look mechanic for both Hip and ADS so it does not include an ADS page by default. If you would like to configure ADS independently from Hip you would need to create the ADS page manually.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Driscoll

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:42 PM - 04/03/17 »
The behavior that happens at certain DPI levels will be based on the sensor used and how they designed the mouse. Yes, you should be using a high or max DPI for smoother micro movement.

Most games have a different look mechanic between Hip and ADS. XIM supports both cameras and each ST is activated based on whether you are looking from the hip or aiming down sight.

Siege has one look mechanic for both Hip and ADS so it does not include an ADS page by default. If you would like to configure ADS independently from Hip you would need to create the ADS page manually.

Firstly thank you again Mist

since rainbow only has one looking mechanic , is it recommended to add an ads page  or will the game be smoother in theory ? ( talking about the transition when going from hip to ads )

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:07 PM - 04/03/17 »
This will be user preference. Some users may be content with how things are by default but the option is there for everyone. Do you want ADS to feel different than it is right now? If so then yes, add an ADS page and make changes as they are needed.

As for ADS delay, I haven't looked at it. The scale may change in higher magnification scopes.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Driscoll

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:39 AM - 04/09/17 »
Hi
i know this is an old topic but i just wanted to close this up and not leave it unfinished

i did test both the ads page and in-game ads sensitivity for rainbow six siege for 4 hours each

the in-game ads is a lot easier to control the recoil with at the same sensitivity and also is more consistent meaning that the ads page feels a little weird after turning on and off

so in conclusion  IN MY OPINION the in-game ads sensitivity works a little better for rainbow six siege if you are not using any advanced settings