XIM Community

[RESOLVED] Xim4 randomly disconnects from PS4/Pro  (Read 860 times)

Kodevex

Got my xim4 yesterday and it randomly stops responding on my Pro and classic. Tested different wires, reset the fw and updated to pro's. Tested with different ports and controllers as well. It also randomly disconnects from my PC too.
« Last Edit: 09:07 AM - 03/30/17 by mist4fun »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim4 randomly disconnects from PS4/Pro
« Reply #1 on: 11:52 AM - 03/26/17 »
hey,

do any of the usb ports on your xim feel loose? especially the one that connects the xim to the console or the pc?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Kodevex

Re: Xim4 randomly disconnects from PS4/Pro
« Reply #2 on: 03:14 PM - 03/26/17 »
hey,

do any of the usb ports on your xim feel loose? especially the one that connects the xim to the console or the pc?

All ports are solid.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Xim4 randomly disconnects from PS4/Pro
« Reply #3 on: 03:22 PM - 03/26/17 »
Could you share your setup?

mouse:
keyboard:
extras: hub, switch, extended cables?

By disconnects from your PC do you mean you lose connection to Manager?

Also, do you see XIM4s lights change when this happens?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Kodevex

« Reply #4 on: 09:20 PM - 03/26/17 »
Could you share your setup?

mouse:
keyboard:
extras: hub, switch, extended cables?

By disconnects from your PC do you mean you lose connection to Manager?

Also, do you see XIM4s lights change when this happens?
Mouse: 502
Keyboard K70 cherry speed
Extras: tried different usb cables for the main connection to ps4/PC.

The blue light might randomly flash and the connection resets. Happens on PS4 with its red light, as if it's been replugged. Happens on all my cables.
« Last Edit: 03:32 AM - 03/27/17 by Kodevex »

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:23 AM - 03/27/17 »
The blue light might randomly flash and the connection resets. Happens on PS4 with its red light, as if it's been replugged. Happens on all my cables.

This is on PC in programming mode (solid blue light) in an attempt to use the flash tool? If so there may be something wrong with your XIM4 cable. Not all cables are equal, some aren't capable of data transfer and some are poor at it.

Could you try swapping the XIM4 cable with your second cable and see if the same blue light disconnect occurs again on PC?

Kodevex

« Reply #6 on: 09:55 AM - 03/27/17 »

This is on PC in programming mode (solid blue light) in an attempt to use the flash tool? If so there may be something wrong with your XIM4 cable. Not all cables are equal, some aren't capable of data transfer and some are poor at it.

Could you try swapping the XIM4 cable with your second cable and see if the same blue light disconnect occurs again on PC?
I have tried multiple different cable's as the main connection from Xim4 to the PC/PS4. Still occurs.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:02 AM - 03/27/17 »
Specifically it occurs with multiple cables while connected to the PC with XIM4 solid blue?

It would be expected to experience disconnects if you swapped the cables and attempted to play as there would still be a faulty cable in the setup, either connected to XIM4 or connected to the controller. Because you're experiencing disconnects while in programming mode on PC you can test against each cable separately.

Kodevex

« Reply #8 on: 11:30 AM - 03/27/17 »
Specifically it occurs with multiple cables while connected to the PC with XIM4 solid blue?

It would be expected to experience disconnects if you swapped the cables and attempted to play as there would still be a faulty cable in the setup, either connected to XIM4 or connected to the controller. Because you're experiencing disconnects while in programming mode on PC you can test against each cable separately.
Let me rephrase myself. I used complete unrelated cables on each test. Both for the controller and the xim to the pc/ps4. On PC the lights blue when put into its download(hold sync) mode for updating. On the PS4 it's red. It responds fine but randomly stops responding then starts responding again. As if I'm replugging it. I have tried this with 6 different cables I know work with everything else. I have used different controllers, a PS4 and a pro version. It's worked fine for the first hour I played with it but then I started noticing my keyboard+mouse stop responding.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:28 PM - 03/27/17 »
It's tricky to troubleshoot as any attached device or cable could be the cause. However if you've experience this in programming mode (solid blue) with six different cables then there may be something wrong with your C port and your XIM4 would need to be looked at for repair. I suggest sending it in so they can try to reproduce the issue and repair it.

Where did you purchase XIM4? When did you buy it?

Kodevex

« Reply #10 on: 12:58 PM - 03/27/17 »
It's tricky to troubleshoot as any attached device or cable could be the cause. However if you've experience this in programming mode (solid blue) with six different cables then there may be something wrong with your C port and your XIM4 would need to be looked at for repair. I suggest sending it in so they can try to reproduce the issue and repair it.

Where did you purchase XIM4? When did you buy it?
I bought it from this website a few days ago.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:02 PM - 03/27/17 »
Are your peripherals plugged in when it happens on PC in programming mode?

Your keyboard is a high power device that could cause instability if there isn't enough power being supplied. If it happens in programming mode with nothing attached to XIM4 then I suggest sending it in.

Submit an RMA using your store account using this link and mention your issue, that you've tried other cables, and that it happens on your PC as well. Here is a link.

http://store.xim4.com/Contact-Us_ep_45.html

Kodevex

« Reply #12 on: 01:10 PM - 03/27/17 »
Are your peripherals plugged in when it happens on PC in programming mode?

Your keyboard is a high power device that could cause instability if there isn't enough power being supplied. If it happens in programming mode with nothing attached to XIM4 then I suggest sending it in.

Submit an RMA using your store account using this link and mention your issue, that you've tried other cables, and that it happens on your PC as well. Here is a link.

http://store.xim4.com/Contact-Us_ep_45.html
Yes it occurs without my k+M plugged in.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:11 PM - 03/27/17 »
Thanks for confirming, please detail your issue in the RMA. Mention that you were referred by support.

Kodevex

« Reply #14 on: 06:24 AM - 03/30/17 »
Thanks for confirming, please detail your issue in the RMA. Mention that you were referred by support.
I did what you said and sent the unit back. I told them I was ordering one from Amazon(already arived) and to just issue a refund. The one from Amazon works fine and has no issues. Now to just wait for the refund to pay this off. Lol