XIM Community

Mass Effect Andromeda ST and Settings  (Read 10027 times)

Offline drekkyk

• View Profile
Re: Mass Effect Andromeda ST and Settings
« Reply #15 on: 01:05 PM - 03/23/17 »
Oh... and the Destiny ST without ballistic curves has worked ok for me.

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DcIhNaGv3z
« Reply #16 on: 01:09 PM - 03/23/17 »
If the MP tutorial mission does not work, there is also a cave on the first planet which would help to limit the draw distance and could hopefully help with the frame rate.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01:29 PM - 03/23/17 »
I got to the second planet. On X1 now, performance is significantly improved. There is no diagonal jitter either.

Are other PS4 users using the controller experiencing stutter, bad fps, and bad diagonal movement?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline TeslaDev

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07:21 PM - 03/23/17 »
Looking forward to the ST. The game feels pretty good...turn speed is decent.

Offline JuanDeage

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02:19 AM - 03/24/17 »
I got to the second planet. On X1 now, performance is significantly improved. There is no diagonal jitter either.

Are other PS4 users using the controller experiencing stutter, bad fps, and bad diagonal movement?

I am experiencing exactly as you describe while using the controller on PS4. Horrible jitter and very bad analog movement that lags. I have not left the first area though. Will report back when I get out of the first area.
« Last Edit: 02:59 AM - 03/24/17 by JuanDeage »

Offline kufi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08:56 AM - 03/24/17 »
Hi Guys,

didn't experienced that jitter heavily on my PS4 (Pro)... but i played a lot with controls and sensitivity...  maybe just did not realized it...

Does anyone have a good keyboard mapping yet? For me it was quite difficultly to find one suitable so far.... But until now I only played Destiny with the XIM.

looking forward to the ST

keep up your great job on this!

Kufi

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09:45 AM - 03/24/17 »
Hey Mist, I did some experiments on x1 and did not notice significant jitters with the joystick.  I do however notice occasional frame rate drop in both single player and multi player.  I think the jitteriness I was getting before is from using the ME3 ST.

Looking forward to the ST.

Anyone having issues with multiplayer populating lobbies?  My brother and I were playing yesterday for about 4 hours, and we never got anyone to join.  Both our NATs are open, and the lobby was public.  We tried to kill and recreate the lobby a few times too.  All night it was the two of us v.s. the enemy.

MEA multiplayer is definitely way faster paced then ME3.  The night before MEA was released, I did a few rounds of ME3 mp for old times sake, and my final game was a nice platinum full extraction.  A nice way to end ME3.  My transition to MEA has not gone as smoothly as I expected.  I have yet to extract on Bronze.  But then again... all my games were 2 players v.s. the enemy.  In ME3 the enemy numbers and difficulty would adjust based on the quantity of players playing, which I get the feeling that MEA is not doing.  I am definitely getting annoyed at the constant swarm of puppy dogs in MEA.  I get what they are going for i.e. pressing you out of cover, but good lord, there is barely a moment to actually take cover and engage the enemy.  I am also bummed that soft cover seams to be nerfed, when I try to use soft cover like in ME3, bullets just end up hitting the wall.  I know a lot of this is just learning curve, and I also realize its a loot/stat driven game, but I really didn't expect to struggle this much.  How are others faring?

Offline drekkyk

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12:11 PM - 03/24/17 »

I've played to planet 3 with the Destiny ST, and use the controller for non-firefight situations / Nomad control.  I have not noticed any jitter when using the controller  with both x and y axis controller sensitivity maxed in-game on PS4.

Offline Ashbury_SF

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02:11 PM - 03/24/17 »
I'm been using my xim4 and xbox elite controller on the PS4 pro.  Haven't been having too many issues with jitter but every once in awhile it acts up.  Sadly, this game hasn't been bioware's best work so far. 

Anyway, can't wait for the ST.  I've been sticking to melee classes and shotguns because I absolutely can't snipe worth a @#$% using my controller and right now snipers are by far the best MP weapon.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05:30 PM - 03/24/17 »
Hey Mist, I did some experiments on x1 and did not notice significant jitters with the joystick.  I do however notice occasional frame rate drop in both single player and multi player.  I think the jitteriness I was getting before is from using the ME3 ST.

I am experiencing exactly as you describe while using the controller on PS4. Horrible jitter and very bad analog movement that lags. I have not left the first area though. Will report back when I get out of the first area.

Thanks for confirming, I was only experiencing this on non pro ps4. Maybe they are using a high resolution and its less optimized on that platform. Anyway, it was just a strange thing to experience for a mass effect game.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline JuanDeage

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12:41 AM - 03/25/17 »

Thanks for confirming, I was only experiencing this on non pro ps4. Maybe they are using a high resolution and its less optimized on that platform. Anyway, it was just a strange thing to experience for a mass effect game.

Got to the first planet and while it did improve quite a bit, the framerate still drops and I still get the jitter while aiming with the controller, and yeah this is on the PS4 non-pro. I hope they fix that.

Offline Shadowfox17

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04:50 AM - 03/25/17 »

Looking forward to the ST.

Anyone having issues with multiplayer populating lobbies?  My brother and I were playing yesterday for about 4 hours, and we never got anyone to join.  Both our NATs are open, and the lobby was public.  We tried to kill and recreate the lobby a few times too.  All night it was the two of us v.s. the enemy.

MEA multiplayer is definitely way faster paced then ME3.  The night before MEA was released, I did a few rounds of ME3 mp for old times sake, and my final game was a nice platinum full extraction.  A nice way to end ME3.  My transition to MEA has not gone as smoothly as I expected.  I have yet to extract on Bronze.  But then again... all my games were 2 players v.s. the enemy.  In ME3 the enemy numbers and difficulty would adjust based on the quantity of players playing, which I get the feeling that MEA is not doing.  I am definitely getting annoyed at the constant swarm of puppy dogs in MEA.  I get what they are going for i.e. pressing you out of cover, but good lord, there is barely a moment to actually take cover and engage the enemy.  I am also bummed that soft cover seams to be nerfed, when I try to use soft cover like in ME3, bullets just end up hitting the wall.  I know a lot of this is just learning curve, and I also realize its a loot/stat driven game, but I really didn't expect to struggle this much.  How are others faring?

As far as MP issues, I haven't ran to anything other then disconnects which are probably because a lot of people are playing. When I start a lobby it usually doesn't find anyone for a few minutes, but the moment I start the game and get in to the mission it filled up real fast.

The missions them selves were pretty rough the first go around, but after buying a few premium packages, I snagged a good Sniper and AR and my favorite character so far ( have most unlocked but 2 or 3) Asari Huntress. I am literally carrying every single game I join, even when i'm level 6 with 20s in the lobby. I have done a few golds already, but mostly just farm silver right now while I level and try and cap all of my common stuff to tier X with the basic packages.

I'm on PS4 Pro and I use mouse and keyboard, and it feels good with the Overwatch ST, it's not exactly 1:1 mouse movements, it's a tiny jittery when it comes to small movements, but other then that it's felt fine (at least for now till we get ME:A ST)

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11:16 AM - 03/25/17 »

As far as MP issues, I haven't ran to anything other then disconnects which are probably because a lot of people are playing. When I start a lobby it usually doesn't find anyone for a few minutes, but the moment I start the game and get in to the mission it filled up real fast.

The missions them selves were pretty rough the first go around, but after buying a few premium packages, I snagged a good Sniper and AR and my favorite character so far ( have most unlocked but 2 or 3) Asari Huntress. I am literally carrying every single game I join, even when i'm level 6 with 20s in the lobby. I have done a few golds already, but mostly just farm silver right now while I level and try and cap all of my common stuff to tier X with the basic packages.

I'm on PS4 Pro and I use mouse and keyboard, and it feels good with the Overwatch ST, it's not exactly 1:1 mouse movements, it's a tiny jittery when it comes to small movements, but other then that it's felt fine (at least for now till we get ME:A ST)

Yeah, not sure what happened with my brother and I.  Our lobby never filled even after starting the game.  But last night I did a few quick matches solo and had no issues.  Finally got a few extraction on bronze.  I have only attempted maybe 15 total rounds so far.  I was also being very stingy on using gel, ammo clips, ops packs, and cobra missiles, since I was planning on building up a decent supply of equipment for silver and gold.  That is... until I realized that the strike missions give you mission funds which can be used to purchase more equipment and does not cut into the credits used for packs.  Unlike ME3 where you would have to spend credits of equipment packs, in MEA it should be fairly easy to keep a decent supply of equipment with the strike mission funds.

Thus far I have only purchased two advanced packs, and they seemed to be a waste of credits, so at this point I am probably going to go premium pack only.  The highest level character I have is only level 5, and I have only played with 3 different characters.  So, I am still very early on with the learning curve.

I noticed that dash seems pretty critical to chain during intense situations.  Rather then sprinting away, or jump-dashing, just dash-dash-dash-dash.  Seems like the enemy aiming accuracy on you suffers the most.

Offline Ashbury_SF

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10:06 PM - 03/26/17 »
fingers crossed for ST tomorrow!  The Destiny one isn't horrible, but can't wait to do some precision sniping...

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02:50 AM - 03/27/17 »

I think Bioware wanted to impress everyone with the magnitude of their "Not Truly Open But Still Large" world and the first planet, Eos, was crucial for that, to hit us with the experience out of the gate... and they pushed the limit of what PS4 can do.

Later worlds are half the size where those first impressions don't matter any more, and I had no frame drops on them only on Eos.

Admin