XIM Community

Mass Effect Andromeda ST and Settings  (Read 10058 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Mass Effect Andromeda ST and Settings
« Reply #45 on: 12:55 PM - 03/29/17 »
Hey Mist -
I see Mass Effect Andromeda was given a "U".  Was it really that bad? 

Yes, according to mist, the aiming system on the one is broken. There is stuttering and stalling and worse the behavior changes over time the longer the game runs.

We will revisit if/when they patch the game for this.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 12:59 PM - 03/29/17 »
Is it just me or this game feels really bad on xim ? Just can't get the hang of it.

I only played two multiplayer matches so I can't nail down my sentiment but it kind of seems like the game has lots of smoothing in ADS.

Few tweaks to the curve and boost will make it shaper/more responsive to the initial movement of the hand. But in a way it doesn't seem to matter too much, because it's not a competitive multiplayer game (where great precise controls are essential... except if you are Blizzard to them there is no such thing as competitive on console).

Edit: hey, try to tick the Steady Aim box for hip and ADS both. Let me know if you think it kind of feels better... It's hard to measure and quanitfy such things, could be placebo, but it seems better to me at first.

Edit 2: @#$% I forgot to tell you that I noticed something weird happens to the look mechanic when sprinting, just like Destiny, so what I did was take Destiny sprint curve for RML and made a Sprint page in the profile that is activated when sprint key is held... It has same or higher sensitivity as hip, but has steep accelerated curve and 500 boost.
« Last Edit: 01:21 PM - 03/29/17 by humanfemale »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 01:22 PM - 03/29/17 »
Hey Mist -
I see Mass Effect Andromeda was given a "U".  Was it really that bad? 

Just curious, as it has felt better using alternate STs than what I felt in other games, such as GRWL and The Division (which a U was added later on).  Haven't tried the ST yet though...just was curious if there was a specific reasoning for the U designation so I can temper my expectations for when I get home from work and undoubtedly boot up MEA.

Yes it can be but its dependent on what's happening in the game and how long the game has been running for. I wasn't experiencing this on X1 at first but after a period of time it was actually worse than PS4.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline TeslaDev

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 01:29 PM - 03/29/17 »
Thanks for the extra information, OBsIV and mist.  Really appreciate what you do.

I'll give the ST a whirl tonight.

Always a bummer when the developers can't get their aiming mechanics down.  I had high hopes for Bioware using Frostbite too...

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 01:32 PM - 03/29/17 »
It may not be the look mechanic, it could be the engine. Anyway, if or when its fixed I want to revisit ADS, the turn speed notification light will be incorrect until Bioware can fix the issue.

Offline TeslaDev

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 01:35 PM - 03/29/17 »
Gotcha, like the mechanic might be fine, just the inputs are getting held up/not being processed properly due to the engine/game stutters.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 03:29 PM - 03/29/17 »
Yes, its one or the other but I have a feeling that its not the look mechanic as it doesn't always happen and the intensity level varies.

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
« Reply #52 on: 07:54 PM - 03/29/17 »
I actually think it feels pretty good.  There are some odd moments when you get near objects where the aim will speed up because it starts to put you in the cover animation.

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DcIhNaGv3z
« Reply #53 on: 09:35 AM - 03/30/17 »
Overall I think the MEA ST feels good.  Much better then the ME3 ST I was using. 

The only thing that feels a bit off is the ADS.  Part of this may just be muscle memory from using ME3 ST, part of it may be aim assist, but the reticle feels very heavy and sloshy.  This is the first time I think I have ever had my ADS sensitivity higher then my hip sensitivity.  I am planning to test turning off the aim assist and also perhaps putting in a little boost to see if that helps. 

Mist - how much effort would it take to see if ADS with a scoped sniper differs from a standard ADS?  I am wondering if there are different ADS look mechanics between scoped weapons and non-scoped. 

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 11:02 AM - 03/30/17 »
There could be a different look mechanic but if it varies then it would need to be solved using an extra setting and XIM4's advanced settings, there can only be two STs per config.

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 02:00 PM - 03/30/17 »
I had a chance to play much more today, and I'm happy. I kept Steady Aim enabled, somehow it just felt better.

DPI: 6400
Aim Assist: disabled

Hip sens.: 22
Hip Steady Aim: yes
Hip curve:
Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANQAwADgAMQA2AAoUHigyPElacIupyMjIyMjIyMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

ADS sens.: 17.50
ADS Steady Aim: yes
ADS curve: no curve

Sprint sens.: 28
Sprint boost: 500
Sprint curve:
Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANQAxADEAMgAwAA8eLj1NXGt7ipmpuMjIyMjIyMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

For the record I love Sidewinder revolver and Black Widow sniper, all I ever  use. Not sure how this plays for shotguns or auto rifles etc.

Offline Zationysk

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 09:27 PM - 03/30/17 »
Can someone explain to me how steady aim works... I thought it was meant for CoD games... isn't it?

What does it do exactly when applied to the mass effect andromeda ST?

I tested myself on this and other games. I also tried to look for more information about it but I am still not sure exactly how it works. And I dislike using things without having a clue about how they work XD
« Last Edit: 09:35 PM - 03/30/17 by Zationysk »

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 09:19 AM - 03/31/17 »
Deteails of Steady Aim are somewhere on the forum discussed many times (Steady Aim feature as it works right now in stable firmware, not the new experimental version of Steady Aim in the so called "steady aim firmware").

If I remember correct enabling Steady Aim makes the ST (smart translator of movement in the xim4 device current version 2) behave like the original ST v1, and that difference is about precision STv2 records and translates movement of the mouse to a finer degree.

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=41284.0
CoD's Auto Aim system susceptible to variances/slight-instabilities of hand movement that is caused by today's ultra high DPI mice. This new feature steadies your aim without affecting micro-aiming or making it feel laggy or unresponsive.

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 10:10 AM - 03/31/17 »
There could be a different look mechanic but if it varies then it would need to be solved using an extra setting and XIM4's advanced settings, there can only be two STs per config.
I think the core issue may have been me just fighting against the aim assist.  I put in just a little boost of 4, and it made a noticeable difference, and I could shift the reticle from a shoulder shot into a headshot, without it feeling so heavy.

I still need to test playing with the aim assist off to see how that feels. 

I am having a ton of fun with this game, despite it having a ton of bugs and feeling more like a beta test. 

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 01:53 PM - 04/06/17 »
Hi Mist

There is a patch out today.  Can you spot check to see if there have been any changes to the aiming mechanics?  The patch notes made no reference to aiming mechanics changes, so I am assuming its the same, but figured it would be worth a look.