XIM Community

New xbox one controller issues  (Read 576 times)

Offline pasterofmuppets

• View Profile
New xbox one controller issues
« on: 05:49 PM - 03/19/17 »
I just bought a new official xbox one controller and I can't get my keyboard or mouse to interact with my games. My old controller works fine, no issues at all, but with the new controller I can get no reaction from games to the mouse or keyboard.

I use the IOS app to set up my profiles and I can edit/assign keys/mouse buttons and see mouse and keyboard key presses just fine in the app but I cannot get any games to respond to either the keyboard nor mouse. The lights flash on the XIM as expected to key presses and mouse movement. Same cables as the old set up that still works. I can still use the controller when it's plugged into the XIM and my games react to that but not the mouse or keyboard.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can resolve this?

XIM4 20170103 (I think), Xbox One, Logitech G900, Model T9 delux keypad pad thingy. I've updated the new controller to the latest firmware.

Thanks in anticipation,

PoM

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: New xbox one controller issues
« Reply #1 on: 10:59 PM - 03/19/17 »
It initially sounds like there is a bad connection between you new X1 controller and your XIM4. Can you please try removing the batteries from your new computer controller and connect it directly to your Xbox via USB wired? After that, does your controller turn on automatically?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline pasterofmuppets

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:26 AM - 03/20/17 »
Thanks for the reply.

I've tried 2 working usb cables - both times when I plug the controller without batteries into my xbox it vibrates and then does nothing. If I press the xbox button on the controller to turn on the xbox the controller flashes about a dozen times or so but it will not turn on the xbox nor actually turn the controller on. Presumably it should as it should be powered by the cable?

Interestingly when I plug it into my PC without batteries, the controller turns on and stays on and the windows controller test app registers all button presses, etc, fine. Also as a side note, the controller registers in the XIM IOS app to button presses etc. when plugged into the XIM with batteries so it seems like data is getting through fine with batteries in (and power too when plugged into my PC with no batteries).

I've tested every usb port on my xbox, all the same result. Any further ideas? The controller works fine in all other respects. Return the controller?

Thanks

PoM

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 08:17 AM - 03/20/17 »
Ok thanks for testing that. Please try hard reboot your Xbox. While it's on, press and hold the power button until the console shuts off. Then, turn it back on. You know you did it right if it takes longer to boot. If that fixes the problem it means that you ran into a Xbox USB bug that has existed since the console was released and still hasn't been fixed.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:28 AM - 03/20/17 »
Also, please take a minute to verify the firmware version you updated to. It's not uncommon for users to update using an older version and have the flash tool falsely say you are up to date.

You can check this by going to menu->about in Manager. If the firmware version doesn't end in 0103 then you still need to update for the latest controller support.

http://xim4.com/latest
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline pasterofmuppets

• View Profile
Re: New xbox one controller issues [RESOLVED]
« Reply #5 on: 11:13 AM - 03/20/17 »
A hard reset got the controller powering on whilst plugged into my xbox and rechecking the firmware turned out I was not up to date after all. Problem fixed either way.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,

PoM

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:32 AM - 03/20/17 »
That's good to hear. :)
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos