XIM Community

Wireless headphones with base station  (Read 536 times)

Offline chriswarner

• View Profile
Wireless headphones with base station
« on: 06:05 AM - 03/17/17 »
I know it said xim4 only supports wired headphones through the controller..my question is does anyone have any experience with the wireless headphones that operate with base stations running off a tos link cable such as the astro a50's or turtle beach 800x etc etc? Any help would be appreciated

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Wireless headphones with base station
« Reply #1 on: 07:11 AM - 03/17/17 »
for the xbox everything will work like it would without the xim

as for the playstation incase any of the setups you described require a connection to the controller then no, you will need eg a creative soundblaster play 2 usb soundcard that you connect the controller wire to instead (usb soundcard plugged into the playstation)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline chriswarner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:25 PM - 03/17/17 »
So to clarify my question was solely for the Xbox One with wireless headsets that use base stations.. are you saying that the more premium sets that don't connect through the controller and use a base station are good to go?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:32 AM - 03/18/17 »
if you are on the Xbox One then you can use any headset you want to in the same way you would as without the xim :)
for Xbox the xim supports the controller chatport so just setup your headset like normal and it will work :)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline chriswarner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:48 AM - 03/20/17 »
I recently tried the Afterglow AG 9 which uses a USB dongle for wireless connection of what was supposedly both audio and game chat only to get it home hook it up and they did not work I don't know if it was the xim4 that was responsible or what but due to my x box 1 and whole setup sitting almost 15 feet away wired is not an option so if I have to spend more for a premium headset that operates off of a pay station I will do so but would first like to know that it will work