XIM Community

Logitech DualAction Gamepad INSTEAD of keyboard (WASD)  (Read 3407 times)

Offline end_user

• View Profile
Hi,
For gaming, I prefer to use a programmable gamepad in my left hand (you can do a lot w/ stick/D-pad/left bumper/left trigger)   
-and-
a 3-button mouse in my right hand.

Right now I have a Logitech DualAction Gamepad (which requires LWEMon.exe to be running) plugged into laptop  -> XIM -> XFPS -> 360 

Is there a better way to use a programmable gamepad (instead of mapping it to keyboard strokes) ?    Seems like too many steps/processes & delay the way I'm doing it now. 

thanks!
bp

Offline SUPRARACER

• View Profile
Re: Logitech DualAction Gamepad INSTEAD of keyboard (WASD)
« Reply #1 on: 06:36 AM - 01/21/08 »
Not sure I follow you. I use the Nostromo SpeedPad 52. If you map it to generic keyboard strokes you can use one setup for most games. The Nostromo will auto load a profile based on the EXE file running. I have a few saved as dif names.

John

Offline SUPRARACER

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:58 PM - 01/21/08 »
Hi,
For gaming, I prefer to use a programmable gamepad in my left hand (you can do a lot w/ stick/D-pad/left bumper/left trigger)   
-and-
a 3-button mouse in my right hand.

Right now I have a Logitech DualAction Gamepad (which requires LWEMon.exe to be running) plugged into laptop  -> XIM -> XFPS -> 360 

Is there a better way to use a programmable gamepad (instead of mapping it to keyboard strokes) ?    Seems like too many steps/processes & delay the way I'm doing it now. 

thanks!
bp

After reading the post again I think I know what you mean. If you use the XAE-ME software you should be able to choose that gamepad as an input.

John

Offline end_user

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:15 AM - 01/22/08 »

...If you use the XAE-ME software you should be able to choose that gamepad as an input.
John
[/quote]

Hmmm, i'm confused... you mean w/ XAE-ME i won't need the Logitech gamepad's software to be running then? 

Right now my procedure is:
1. i assign the xbox360 controller buttons to keyboard strokes with the XIM profile
2. then i open the Logitech gamepad software and map it's buttons to the keyboard keys i assigned in step 1.

Is this the only way to use a gamepad instead of keyboard (WASD) ?

Thanks lots for helping!

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:07 AM - 03/25/17 »