XIM Community

[RESOLVED] xim4 recieving no input from periferals  (Read 1142 times)

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: xiiProG_NiTROiix
out of the blue my xim4 has started accepting no input from my keyboard and mouse happened halfway through an overwatch game before this it was working absolutely fine. I started by doing the usual things of turning the console off and on then unplugging and replugging wires for ages in many different combinations once none of the basic things had worked iturned to the forums and did the hard restart of my console a few times this had no effect then I went on the reset the firmware and update it tried the latest and the second most recent no change at all in the xim manager it has all 4 devices shown and the periferals are lit up but when I go to bind anything it just says listening and nothing happens
« Last Edit: 01:21 PM - 03/10/17 by mist4fun »
Mainly play overwatch
Generally high master low gm ☺

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: xim4 recieving no input from periferals
« Reply #1 on: 12:25 PM - 03/10/17 »
Welcome to the community and thank you for the detailed information. If doing a hard reset has not resolved the problem try this test.

Disconnect XIM4, remove the controller, reconnect XIM4 with the controller disconnected. Check for input in Manager from your mouse and keyboard, are you able to bind buttons now or does it continue to say listening? If Manager is now able to see input from your mouse and keyboard with the controller disconnected then you may need to.

1) Fully charge the controller if on PS4. Connect the controller directly to the console and let it charge for a couple of hours.

2) Replace the controller cable with another data cable. If you don't have cables on hand that work I recommend using either anker or amazon basics.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-3-Pack-PowerLine-Micro-USB/dp/B015MJLEUS
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013PVKQHC/ref=twister_B00DGRUY3M?th=1
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] xim4 recieving no input from periferals
« Reply #2 on: 12:47 PM - 03/10/17 »
ive used 3 or 4 different cables I'm going to leave my controller to charge for a few hours then I did for about half hour earlier when it started on 3 bars which I believe means that its 67% or above so i am pessimistic
Mainly play overwatch

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:50 PM - 03/10/17 »
What were the results of the controller test?

Disconnect XIM4, remove the controller, reconnect XIM4 with the controller disconnected. Check for input in Manager from your mouse and keyboard, are you able to bind buttons now or does it continue to say listening? If Manager is now able to see input from your mouse and keyboard with the controller disconnected then you may need to.

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:53 PM - 03/10/17 »
after the first half hour nothing happened connected the controller turned ps4 on got the usual small yellow glow on the ps4 controller then still no light and the keyboard and mouse would do anything with the set profile on and I could not edit the profile as no key inputs were being detected on the manager
Mainly play overwatch

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:54 PM - 03/10/17 »
The test shouldn't take so long, it should just take a few seconds. You started XIM4 without the controller attached?

Specifically,

1) Disconnect XIM4
2) Remove controller from XIM4
3) Connect XIM4 with only your mouse and keyboard attached
4) Try to reassign buttons in your config.

Does the listening issue remain or are you able to assign buttons?

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:00 PM - 03/10/17 »
no I always start the ps4 with the controller attached and I can adjust the config of buttons without the controller attached to my xim4
Mainly play overwatch

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:05 PM - 03/10/17 »
Thanks, I was curious how XIM4 behaved without the controller attached to it at startup. Because you only encounter the issue when the controller is attached to XIM4 then it has something to do with

- The controller cable
- The controller
- The XIM4 cable

Earlier you mentioned trying the latest firmware then the second most recent firmware. Go to menu->about and verify that your firmware version ends in 0103. If it does then you are up to date, if it doesn't then please update using the latest firmware again.

http://xim4.com/latest

-

Back to the three possible causes. There have been instances where users have tried multiple controller cables that aren't able to produce a solid connection. It's possible your cables could still be an issue so I wouldn't rule it out. In the meantime you could test against the other two causes, try another cable between XIM4 and console or try another controller.

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:19 PM - 03/10/17 »
firmware does end in 0103 and I tried another controller but will try again now and 3 different cables to the controller I will also give the zim4 cable a go if I have a spare but I have only had the device about a week so I doubt its that

results:
realised it was the same micro usb cable in the back tried one of those worked perfectly and my old controller has a slow continuous orange light on the back of it whilst my newer one does a single orange pulse then nothing both of which work just interested and spent hours on this cant believe its been a faulty cable and the only sturdy looking one out of all my cables :')
thanks for all the help
Mainly play overwatch

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01:21 PM - 03/10/17 »
That's good to hear. When the controller is connected to XIM4 the controller light should be orange and then shut off if the controller is fully charged. If it remains orange then its attempting to charge. Anyway, I'm glad you have it working now.

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [RESOLVED] xim4 recieving no input from periferals
« Reply #10 on: 01:28 PM - 03/10/17 »
thanks that's helpful to know and cheers again c ya
Mainly play overwatch