XIM Community

Poll

Would you like to have them free or are you willing to pay an annual fee to have more of them and  to support Obsiv?

10$
20$
30$
40$
50$
more
No, I want them free

Latest Obsiv news: Smart Translations will be free  (Read 5315 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
The question here is if you would pay an annual fee to ease up things for Obsiv and support him without knowing how many he will produce, without knowing if your favorite game will be supported? Choose wisely as a too high amount will keep people from buying the XIM3.
Crusade atm: none

Offline buds

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Latest Obsiv news: Smart Translations will be free
« Reply #1 on: 01:17 AM - 06/04/10 »
I'd happily donate $40 a year for my smart configs to support OBsIV. I think most of the older hands would chip in to varying degrees. However I don't think the mass public in general will do it for something that is free.

Perhaps create a new title for donaters to use on the forums. And then load the smart configs onto a board so that those who've donated get early access to (say 2-4 weeks hypothetically). Then once the early access has expired they go live to everyone.

Who knows, I'm really just thinking out loud to give OB some ideas to make money off his hard work. 

Offline ryan123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:42 AM - 06/04/10 »
if i end up getting a xim3 (knowing me, i probably will eventually) i'd probably pay an annual of $20
it would be more if i played more games, but cod and gaylo is pretty much all i'm ever gonna play with a xim

i recommend virgin media!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:04 AM - 06/04/10 »
pay for them ofc

its the only real way to show obsiv our gratitude :)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline gravkaw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:03 AM - 06/04/10 »
Just have the admin put up a donate button and let the people themselves decide how much they want to donate in general or for each smart translation.
« Last Edit: 07:13 AM - 06/04/10 by makuan.m »

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:22 AM - 06/04/10 »
Then the community would donate and the rest of people who buy a XIM3 would not be made to show their gratitude.

Offline gravkaw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:43 AM - 06/04/10 »
Then the community would donate and the rest of people who buy a XIM3 would not be made to show their gratitude.

People shouldn't be 'made' to show their gratitude, it's up to the individual her/him-self to decide that. Just take a look at your poll results, not everyone feels the same.

Offline Xenon

• MVP
  • Boo!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xenonshot
« Reply #7 on: 08:48 AM - 06/04/10 »
many of us would happily donate/pay/support anyway we can given the opportunity but the same won't apply for the vast majority of the public. many people will purchase the xim3 along with purchasing the 2-3 smart configs they will most likely use on a regular basis. many people will not want to pay a penny more. the best thing for obsiv to do inmho is to stick to his original plan. a good retail price for the xim3 along with pricing the smart configs to apeal to the vast majority of his target market.

in addition to that simply setting up a donate page on the website would allow those of us to help support his project. roads you can't force people to "show there gratitude" by charging an extra levi. for those of you that have seen xim being developed from the ground up it's different. we appriciate the hardwork, look into and take interest in all the minor developments along with the big ones. the general public have not. the will look at the product, maybe read a review to see how it functions and make the purchase.

for alot of people it will be the same as purchasing the keyboard addon for your xbox360 controller. you buy it, plug it in setting it up and want it to work from the offset. it's just another product to help u interface better with the console.
« Last Edit: 08:53 AM - 06/04/10 by Xenon »
I rRrRR 133337Zorz

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:13 AM - 06/04/10 »
Makuan that was a joke of course making someone grateful does not work. Right now the Poll shows that most people would like to pay something.

Offline Relys

• MVP
  • Master of Computer Science
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Relys
  • PSN ID: Relys
« Reply #9 on: 10:59 AM - 06/04/10 »
What's with the thread title?
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #10 on: 11:23 AM - 06/04/10 »
Hey everyone, I *really* appreciate that people want to show their support for the project, but, there will be no donation option.

The best way you can help is to spread the word when XIM3 ships and help support others through this site. Both are very valuable to me. :)
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline XanderChaos

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:44 AM - 06/04/10 »
I'm not trying to speak for OBsIV, but remember that this time around it won't be a controller mod produced and shipped by a few guys out of their homes. This is the real deal with the XIM3. As community oriented as OBsIV is, donations aren't how professional businesses work. Buying XIM3s and helping spread the word is what would give him the option to give away smart configs while still returning a profit. Plus, I'd imagine seeing his product being sold is more rewarding than recieving donations. Not that donations aren't great, but seeing your hard work adding up to something is a bit more powerful a feeling.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11:54 AM - 06/04/10 »
shhhhhh obsiv, dont be so kind ;o

from what i know/read in this forum, you dont make a lot/any profit at all with the xim2

so please, you have put sooo much effort into the development of the xim3 and now its time to get the reward
if you dont want to become rich, fine, but dont give them away for free!

a donation-option is the wrong way imo, id say maybe 1-10 out of 100 xim3-users would actually think about donating and maybe the half of them will
i mean where is the point in paying 5$ for an AWSOME config?
and dont tell me now that you got 20-30 games and that you need a config FOR EVERY GAME, cause thats just wrong, most people play maybe 2-3 titles regulary, so with 15$ youre in ;)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Tarun

• MVP
  • Cheers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12:51 PM - 06/04/10 »
Have i missed a trick, when has obsiv stated that smart translations will be free?

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve