XIM Community

New to the XIM scene  (Read 7499 times)

Offline 4shotter

• View Profile
Re: New to the XIM scene
« Reply #30 on: 09:01 PM - 06/02/08 »
halo 3 with the wii controls?!?! I would of never guessed!  Thats so awesome man!  You really know what your doing when it comes to this XIM stuff.  mad props.

Offline urkoman

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01:30 AM - 06/03/08 »
I guess you haven't seen this vid by OBsIV
Wow  :o
Didnīt see that one, looks great.
So does the XIM2 have wiimote support also?

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
  • PHD in Teledildonics (a pioneer in the field)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07:07 AM - 06/03/08 »
OK just to be clear yes with xim you can use a wii-mote but you can also use ANY Controller you can use on a pc not just other console systems. any device you can use as a direct input device will work. racing wheels, flight sticks, pads, mice whatever you want to use to play
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
« Reply #33 on: 07:50 AM - 06/03/08 »
OK just to be clear yes with xim you can use a wii-mote but you can also use ANY Controller you can use on a pc not just other console systems. any device you can use as a direct input device will work. racing wheels, flight sticks, pads, mice whatever you want to use to play

To be even more clear, ANYTHING you can get to interface with a computer, you can use to send information to the XIM hardware via the XIM API. It might take a little extra programing on your part but it IS possible.

So yea, you could get this to work if you had the time and money... http://www.virtusphere.com/

Go nuts.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08:23 AM - 06/03/08 »
Thats hallarious. Imagine walking into a friends house and they are in the bubble/sphere. The future of gaming will make look like hampsters.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Sick_Tight

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01:00 PM - 06/03/08 »
Wow that is Pretty sick stuff. . . Would be crazy to see how far that gets going in development to actually use it in the home or something.

Well 4Shotter, I know this is late coming but I have been out of the country for a while, but I wanted to welcome you to XIM360 community like everyone else has, I am sure you will enjoy your experience with the XIM once you get a hand on it lol. . . Hope you stay has been a pleasant one

Offline 4shotter

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 07:40 PM - 06/03/08 »
Wow that is Pretty sick stuff. . . Would be crazy to see how far that gets going in development to actually use it in the home or something.

Well 4Shotter, I know this is late coming but I have been out of the country for a while, but I wanted to welcome you to XIM360 community like everyone else has, I am sure you will enjoy your experience with the XIM once you get a hand on it lol. . . Hope you stay has been a pleasant one
I appreciate the welcome man!  I'm sure i'll love the XIM when I get my hands on one.

Offline tonelab77

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 01:00 PM - 06/06/08 »

The full XIM 2 kit comes with a wired controller. It is not compatible with the wireless.

-Derek

Let me get this straight...

The XIM 2 kit will include a wired controller??? If so, what is the estimated pricepoint going to be for the XIM 2 kit?

I was going to DIY it (since I've been modding/soldering consoles since the first PSX) but you make the kit sound way too attractive...including a controller and all.

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 01:40 PM - 06/06/08 »
From what I understand an already made Xim2 comes soldered to the controller's board. If you DIY you'll have to get a controller separately and solder the xim2 PCB unto the controller yourself.

Admin