XIM Community

New to the XIM scene  (Read 7509 times)

Offline Memento_Mori

• View Profile
Re: New to the XIM scene
« Reply #15 on: 02:38 AM - 06/01/08 »
It would be quite fun to see people using the xim to reconfigure the gamepad :)

Offline BroTsla

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03:23 AM - 06/01/08 »
As I posted before I'm only a lvl 47(Haven't tried to get any higher lvl just yet.) but I think the XIM would be a nice change.... I wanna see what a FPS on Xbox would feel like with a mouse. Xbox first person shooter's all have auto-aim. (At least the ones I can think of like Halo, COD4, etc) And PC FPS don't have any auto-aim.(Quake Arena, Unreal Tour. 2)

I personally think it would be easier for me to use a mouse over a controller any day. But this is just how I feel.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #17 on: 08:28 AM - 06/01/08 »

Reconfigure the gamepad? How do you mean?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline jeremyjames

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08:50 AM - 06/01/08 »
I'm already a 50 on halo, I just want to see how much of a difference halo is with a mouse/keyboard.

I've been seeing more high-forty people around the forums, and you are the first 50 I've heard of. I love to see this because I really want feedback from this other side too (excellent controller players looking for m/k on the 360 as opposed to excellent PC players).

Welcome to the community!
I'm a level 50 (5 Star General) and I'm wanting the XIM2 due to the fact that I'm fed up with having to use four of my fingers for everything. I do MLG GameBattles (and occasionally go into the MLG playlist w/ friends to mess around on our Recruit accounts :D) so the customization is the thing that's drawing me to this amazing product.

-Jeremy

Offline Memento_Mori

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11:56 AM - 06/01/08 »

Reconfigure the gamepad? How do you mean?

Well, for instance one might not like how the Halo3 developers have treated the gamepad input, and might try to change the motion curves so that the gamepad feels similar to other games. I assume this is possible by attaching the gamepad to the PC and tweaking the xim software parameters, right?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #20 on: 02:53 PM - 06/01/08 »
Well, for instance one might not like how the Halo3 developers have treated the gamepad input, and might try to change the motion curves so that the gamepad feels similar to other games. I assume this is possible by attaching the gamepad to the PC and tweaking the xim software parameters, right?

That particular scenario would need to be supported directly. XIM2 will support right or left stick binding to either your mouse, keyboard, or joystick. But, only mouse input goes through the type of processing your are talking about. Joystick input, for example, goes straight through.

I'm not saying that the scenario you are describing isn't interesting/good. But, it all depends on how important a feature like this is to people in general.

Offline Memento_Mori

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01:25 AM - 06/02/08 »
I assume that using the xim SDK, one should be able to make this scenario possible, right? What requirements a programmer would need to have, in order to extend the software to do this?

About the importance of this scenario, one point in favor  might be that a joystick, being bigger than the thumbstick, requires a smaller deadzone, and it might be annoying to have it set to the game default. Boosting the curve so that the game starts detecting the input earlier, might be a nice feature.

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03:14 AM - 06/02/08 »
I think what Memento_Mori was asking is what I was looking for. A specific example being how in Project Gotham Racing 4 you have to move the analog stick half way to get a noticeable response so I was thinking you could use the XIM to make it like GRID or most PC sim racing games where the smallest movement already has your car on the other side of the road. If that was possible it would be a nice feature but not a priority.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #23 on: 10:29 AM - 06/02/08 »
I assume that using the xim SDK, one should be able to make this scenario possible, right?

Absolutely.

Offline urkoman

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02:38 PM - 06/02/08 »
Hi there, nice to meet you!
Im also new here, and also arrived here reading about the XFPS.
Just to say i want a XIM2 as soon as its ready, i cant stand playing FPS games with the 360 pad (been playing kb/m since the first Wolfenstein and Doom on PC). I dont buy FPSs on the 360 because of that, and being my favourite game type the XIM2 is a dream come true.
Id also like to ask a question: would there be any possibility to make a XIM also compatible with a Wiimote/nunchuck? Pads are terrible for FPSs, but the Wiimote is quite nice (just worse than a mouse when turning 180, but anyway works nice). I think that could be interesting for a say XIM3.

Well, as soon as XIM2 is ready, i want one (im writing from Spain, hope no problem with international shipping)

;)

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
  • PHD in Teledildonics (a pioneer in the field)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03:02 PM - 06/02/08 »
I guess you haven't seen this vid by OBsIV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk4WLtuf-ME
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline blash

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03:18 PM - 06/02/08 »
I still can't believe how many people think that video's fake from the comments :P

360 Gamertag - WickedPheonix
Proud owner of the one and only glitter-glue XIM2

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #27 on: 05:37 PM - 06/02/08 »
I still can't believe how many people think that video's fake from the comments :P

Yeah, no kidding. :) Very frustrating to see.

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
« Reply #28 on: 06:28 PM - 06/02/08 »

Can't help but think of this every time I have to visit YouTube.
http://xkcd.com/202/

Offline blash

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07:16 PM - 06/02/08 »

Can't help but think of this every time I have to visit YouTube.
http://xkcd.com/202/

LOL I know xkcd is awesome

360 Gamertag - WickedPheonix
Proud owner of the one and only glitter-glue XIM2