XIM Community

First game with XIM on COD4  (Read 4512 times)

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: First game with XIM on COD4
« Reply #15 on: 11:13 AM - 06/03/08 »

....... but for those people who have COD4 both for the PC and the 360 how do the two compare - almost the same, exactly the same, what? Because I keep hearing the praises for it but a comparison to the real thing would be nice as a quantifier, thanks.

I have Cod 4 on both the pc and the 360 . I gave up playing it on the pc because of the hacks but my 10 yr. old son still plays it . Even though the Xim plays COD 4  quite well , its far from exact pc quality . Pressing MULTIPLE BUTTONS or Keys often confuses the Xim . For example : Strafing left wile runnig will sometimes send your cross hairs in an oppisite circle . Or every once in a wile you'll get a "zig -zag " effect and you may have to unhook-rehook your Xim from the 360 to get it from drifting when you look up and down real fast. I often unplug my controller once my Xim has been detected to stop this in game problem . Bottom line is Cod 4 is playable but is not pc perfect . This may be because of the Aim assist that is in the 360 version ... or because in  the game on the 360 your not as fast paced as you are in the pc version . ( You run and walk alot slower on the 360 than the pc version , and your gun doesn't feel the same when you draw it up to shoot .)

I mean I just feel as if I am in slow motion when I am on the 360 in COD 4  sometimes....This isn't the Xim's fault , Cod 4 is just coded different on the 360 .
 Xim is not perfect  by far ....even still I get my @#$% handed to me by controlller users who are dialed in . I'd say I win about 8 out of 10 games I play . But when I lose , its usually by alot. I  guess its because sometimes I try to run and gun and that doesn't work out too well on some boards .
« Last Edit: 11:24 AM - 06/03/08 by glenn37216 »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11:40 AM - 06/03/08 »
I've been tempted to upgrade my videocard and download cod4, then play on cracked servers. Even with my config dialed in I can tell I am not playing to my fullest becuase of xim 1's limitations. I'll wait for xim2 though.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

paulybear

« Reply #17 on: 04:18 PM - 06/03/08 »
I never have any problems with multiple buttons or any of the other things you mention.

The only thing i do is at the start of every session on cod4 i move the mouse up and down and adjust the right stick on the pad until it's not drifting left or right.
Then i do the same with moving back and forth and the left stick.

I only have to do this because my pad is usually getting stood on and kicked about by my feet whilst i use the wireless one :P

I leave the pad plugged in all session and never have any problems.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08:33 PM - 06/03/08 »
Well paul you are very lucky, becuase the pulling he mentioned plagues alot of us, and the multiple button problem comes from the xfps and is more common than cod "pulling". I've heard that both will be fixed in xim2.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12:01 PM - 06/05/08 »
The pulling is easily fixed. What I do is after XFPS recognizes controller, I unplug it and just use keyboard to navigate around. Actually faster (for me) to get around guide and in game than controller.

Weeee.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12:35 PM - 06/05/08 »
I do that too nick, and it does fix the majority of pulling.. well the big pulls in either direction.. I still suffer from small horizontal pulls when I move my crosshair up and down. Its a real pain when trying to aim at somebody up in a window.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05:46 PM - 06/06/08 »
I have not had any issues since removing the controller. I keep hearing about it though, it does not seem to matter what model of xbox is used, or XFPS or even controller from what I have gathered.

Hopefully, these issues will be non existen in xim2.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline blash

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05:56 AM - 06/07/08 »

....... but for those people who have COD4 both for the PC and the 360 how do the two compare - almost the same, exactly the same, what? Because I keep hearing the praises for it but a comparison to the real thing would be nice as a quantifier, thanks.

I have Cod 4 on both the pc and the 360 . I gave up playing it on the pc because of the hacks but my 10 yr. old son still plays it . Even though the Xim plays COD 4  quite well , its far from exact pc quality . Pressing MULTIPLE BUTTONS or Keys often confuses the Xim . For example : Strafing left wile runnig will sometimes send your cross hairs in an oppisite circle . Or every once in a wile you'll get a "zig -zag " effect and you may have to unhook-rehook your Xim from the 360 to get it from drifting when you look up and down real fast. I often unplug my controller once my Xim has been detected to stop this in game problem . Bottom line is Cod 4 is playable but is not pc perfect . This may be because of the Aim assist that is in the 360 version ... or because in  the game on the 360 your not as fast paced as you are in the pc version . ( You run and walk alot slower on the 360 than the pc version , and your gun doesn't feel the same when you draw it up to shoot .)

I mean I just feel as if I am in slow motion when I am on the 360 in COD 4  sometimes....This isn't the Xim's fault , Cod 4 is just coded different on the 360 .
 Xim is not perfect  by far ....even still I get my @#$% handed to me by controlller users who are dialed in . I'd say I win about 8 out of 10 games I play . But when I lose , its usually by alot. I  guess its because sometimes I try to run and gun and that doesn't work out too well on some boards .

Well the slowness sounds like input lag from the XFPS (not a problem in XIM2) and the pulling problem has reportedly been fixed in XIM2, so *glee!*

360 Gamertag - WickedPheonix
Proud owner of the one and only glitter-glue XIM2

Admin