XIM Community

Nintendo Switch and XiM4?  (Read 11043 times)

Offline full58

• The opposite of empty
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch and XiM4?
« Reply #30 on: 01:54 AM - 03/17/17 »
if it doesn't xim, I don't buy it

Offline reqless

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 06:16 PM - 03/27/17 »
Just watched Nintendo's panel at GDC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyMsF31NdNc and I thought this might interest you guys:

It's going to be a lot easier for game developers to add multi-plat titles... settings to medium/low and release  :D
« Last Edit: 06:22 PM - 03/27/17 by reqless »
PC, PS4, & Switch | XIM Apex | M: ASUS VG248QE | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Corsair K95 | A: MMX300 + Mixamp | M: Zowie ZA12 | DPI: 3200

Offline Spectrum

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 05:11 PM - 04/01/17 »
Splatoon 2 is coming probably by the end of summer (so quite soon), I really need to play it with a mouse, I'm fed up to aim with sticks (this is even a nightmare when you only play shooters on PC). Gyro is nice but this is clearly insufficient to me.

If Xim4 was compatible, I'm pretty sure lots of people would buy it just for this game.

Please, reconsider the idea of porting it, then it would be a direct buy !

Thanks.

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
« Reply #33 on: 08:56 PM - 04/01/17 »
Yeah if switch gets XiM4 support I'd buy it ASAP.
XIM: 3/Edge/4/Apex | Titan: One/Two | XiM Link | PS4 Pro & XBox One X | PC: i7700k 1080ti ftw3 | M: Console: G502 - PC: Glorious Model O (White Matte) | KB: by the day and mood (60% to 65%) | Mouse Pad: by the day and mood (X-Large) | Console Audio/Mic: beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO & Creative Sound Blaster X7 | PC Mic: Samson G-Track | Monitor: 24" BenQ Zowie xl2436

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09:21 AM - 04/02/17 »
I'm curious whether you all would find it acceptable if the XIM didn't work while in portable mode?

For me it's not a matter of playing better with a mouse. I simply CANNOT play shooters with dual analogue. I wouldn't be able to go into portable mode and say "meh I'll just use the sticks while on the road". Would you still find any value if it only worked 50% of the time?

I've been wondering this myself and still haven't decided what my answer is. Obviously this is one of the biggest hurdles with Switch support (that and the fact that no one knows what's on the horizon after Splatoon as far as shooters go...)
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline Spectrum

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 04:08 AM - 04/06/17 »
I'm curious whether you all would find it acceptable if the XIM didn't work while in portable mode?

For me it's not a matter of playing better with a mouse. I simply CANNOT play shooters with dual analogue. I wouldn't be able to go into portable mode and say "meh I'll just use the sticks while on the road". Would you still find any value if it only worked 50% of the time?

I've been wondering this myself and still haven't decided what my answer is. Obviously this is one of the biggest hurdles with Switch support (that and the fact that no one knows what's on the horizon after Splatoon as far as shooters go...)

In fact, I don't care if it works in portable mode because for Splatoon as an example, I will play the game only on TV.

To me, this is not a way to play better as you said, this is for comfort ! A mouse is the most natural way to aim IMO.

Just a question, I use a Logitech G502 on PC, is it possible to map side butons on it on XIM4 ? sorry I have never tried the product cause I play on PC or Nintendo systems...

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 08:07 AM - 04/07/17 »
Just a question, I use a Logitech G502 on PC, is it possible to map side butons on it on XIM4 ? sorry I have never tried the product cause I play on PC or Nintendo systems...

You can use every single button on a G502 with the XIM4:)

It's amazing and opens up a world of possibilities.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline Spectrum

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 05:10 PM - 05/17/17 »

You can use every single button on a G502 with the XIM4:)

It's amazing and opens up a world of possibilities.

Thanks, another cool argument to get it for Switch and Splatoon 2, if only...

Offline MisterAlex

• Esquire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07:01 PM - 05/17/17 »
I'll add a +1 to the voices interested in possible m/kb control for the Switch.

As eager as I was and as much as I liked the art and game design, I played Splatoon for about five minutes before getting frustrated with the controls and returning it to the store.

Even if Splatoon 2 were the only game on the Switch that I'd use it for (though I doubt it), I'd find immense value in being able to use a mouse with the system.

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
« Reply #39 on: 10:23 PM - 05/17/17 »
The switch is doing very well right now. A few new lines of coding just might be a good business move. People might not like this but what about doing what was done with XiM3 and XiM Edge. Make a whole new model that's compatible with all consoles or just the Switch. I only say this because profit has to be made.
XIM: 3/Edge/4/Apex | Titan: One/Two | XiM Link | PS4 Pro & XBox One X | PC: i7700k 1080ti ftw3 | M: Console: G502 - PC: Glorious Model O (White Matte) | KB: by the day and mood (60% to 65%) | Mouse Pad: by the day and mood (X-Large) | Console Audio/Mic: beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO & Creative Sound Blaster X7 | PC Mic: Samson G-Track | Monitor: 24" BenQ Zowie xl2436

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #40 on: 10:43 AM - 05/18/17 »
I'm not sure if we've discussed this before, but, is there a wired control option for the Switch?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #42 on: 05:50 PM - 05/18/17 »
We will need to wait and see if that USB connection is live or only for charging.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline MisterAlex

• Esquire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 04:37 PM - 05/24/17 »
Tangential, but still interesting: Looks like 8Bitdo has updated the firmware for its Bluetooth controllers to allow for Switch support.   :)

Offline Spectrum

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 01:16 AM - 06/20/17 »
New Switch update 3.0.0 now allows to play with PRO controller while charging with USB...

Will it help ?
« Last Edit: 02:33 AM - 06/20/17 by Spectrum »