XIM Community

BF1 micro movements  (Read 1520 times)

Offline jawtab

• View Profile
BF1 micro movements
« on: 10:14 PM - 02/23/17 »
Very small micro movements are not registering for me using latest Xbone S firmware.

Razer Deathadder 3500dpi.  1000 polling.

So I lowered the recommended Zoomed and standard speed to about 90% standard/hip and 80% zoomed.

Not perfect  but with a little tweaking I should have it dialed in.
Just curious if others had to do this.  I maxed them out to 100% and 200% zoomed and I could literally slide my mouse very slowly and nothing would register...

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: BF1 micro movements
« Reply #1 on: 10:38 PM - 02/23/17 »
Very small micro movements are not registering for me using latest Xbone S firmware.

Razer Deathadder 3500dpi.  1000 polling.

So I lowered the recommended Zoomed and standard speed to about 90% standard/hip and 80% zoomed.

Not perfect  but with a little tweaking I should have it dialed in.
Just curious if others had to do this.  I maxed them out to 100% and 200% zoomed and I could literally slide my mouse very slowly and nothing would register...
You were probably moving your mouse too fast so it wasn't registering properly. Many BF1 posts discussing riding the turn speed limit can be found. I'd link but am on mobile.
Xbox One X
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline jawtab

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:45 AM - 02/24/17 »
It's actually the opposite, slow movements. say I want to get that headshot, then event though I am moving the mouse very slowly, the crosshairs do not move at all, until the mouse speed picks up.

I'll do a search for "turn speed limit".

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:50 AM - 02/24/17 »
What console are you playing on? Micro movement is checked while building the ST at the lowest sensitivity and corrected if necessary. Unless there was a change then it may be your mouse or mouse surface. From my experience and what I've heard from others, Razer mice can have issues with small movement like this. I myself had this issue using a Mamba TE.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:23 AM - 02/24/17 »
playing BF1 on xbox requires a certain deadzone adjustment in the battlefield ingame options, did you do that?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:02 PM - 02/24/17 »
Thanks, Odin.

The correct in-game settings can be found below. Please verify these are set correctly in your game.

http://xim4.com/settings

Offline TehSubXero

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:52 PM - 02/25/17 »
this is def a thing mist.  it is corrected by playing on 100 % or lower ads sens ingame or apparently lower, as opposed to the recomended 200 percent.  took me forever. to figure this out too

Offline jawtab

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:20 PM - 02/25/17 »
1st of all thanks for all that replied.

I figured it out.  Although I wished it was clearer for me to understand what to adjust.  The print out manual wasn't much help since what I needed were ADVANCED options.  I was eager to hit the ground running but it's all good.

Using BF1 at 100/200% and all other settings at default.

BOOST is what I simply needed.  And a astronomical rate at that.

HIP 3,500 boost
ADS 3,000 boost. 

Now I get those micro movements and hitting my headshots without a sniper rifle which is fantastic :O

Adjusting the ballistics aren't needed for me but may revisit it at a later time for some acceleration for 360 spins.

Not sure if stead aim does much for me.

I'd love to see a more dedicated webpage for each game and what the "secret" is for optimal settings, to help accelerate and reduce any confusion for new users.   Now I know everyone has a different mouse and game... but felt that the startup for me again was a little long.   

Also there is now copy and paste to duplicate a profile for a game??  Only delete and move?

Now I can properly tell when the game frame rate drops... Before when I lowered in game speed 100/200% the mouse movements sure were jerky.  but it did work.  but now yes, BOOST is the answer.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:40 PM - 02/25/17 »
hmmm. You shouldn't need such a high boost for smooth micro movement. Are you sure your in-game deadzone setting is set correctly? This should be set to 22 for optimal performance.

Offline jawtab

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:14 AM - 02/26/17 »
deadzone was it.  looks like i tweaked it before.  no more boost for me!

Thank you!
and back to normal values for SENS.