XIM Community

Ghost Recon Open Beta  (Read 2448 times)

Offline Rockyruption

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rockyruption
Ghost Recon Open Beta
« on: 05:48 PM - 02/22/17 »
Hi guys,

Calling out to those that played the closed beta, can you please advise what you've found to be the best ST for this game?

Having not played in the Closed Beta, but super keen for the Open Beta, I'm assuming that The Division will probably be a good starting point, as it looks like a very similar game, made by the same company. If anyone knows this not to be so, and has some better options, please let us know.

Many thanks.

Offline mazeeree

• View Profile
Re: Ghost Recon Open Beta
« Reply #1 on: 10:47 PM - 02/22/17 »
with its 30 fps and noticeable input lag it's nearly unplayable with xim. you're better off playing it with a controller

Offline waterbucket123

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: N/A
  • PSN ID: N/A
« Reply #2 on: 12:02 AM - 02/23/17 »
Downloading the beta at the moment, hoping its good.

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:09 AM - 02/23/17 »
with its 30 fps and noticeable input lag it's nearly unplayable with xim. you're better off playing it with a controller

Yeah I found it quite rough. Also the slow turn speed is what ultimately killed it for me. It took 4-6 weeks just to turn the camera. Halo 5 would be proud.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline baldeagle

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
  • Gamertag: i am baldeagle
« Reply #4 on: 02:50 AM - 02/23/17 »
There was a thread from the closed beta http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=52620.0 where a few of us discussed what did or didn't work for us.

I used the old 360 Ghost Recon Future Soldier ST, with a curve and it worked well enough to play. There's even a link to some gameplay so you can see how responsive the look mechanic is.

But from what I can tell, those of us that played had different results with the setups we used. Trial and error seemed to be the case.

Offline TeslaDev

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:23 PM - 02/23/17 »
I was quite vocal (maybe too much so), in the previous threads regarding this game.  If you have any interest in using the XIM with this game, I highly advise you to play around with the beta on controller and see the turn speed. It is "wow" levels of slow.  Just be prepared for this ahead of time.  I'm sure Mist will punch out a good ST, but I doubt my needs for higher sens will be met with the console version.  Those are my personal thoughts, but I don't want to discourage others from giving it a try.  ;)
« Last Edit: 08:06 AM - 02/24/17 by TeslaDev »

Offline waterbucket123

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: N/A
  • PSN ID: N/A
« Reply #6 on: 07:38 PM - 02/23/17 »
Using BF4 ST on XB1. Works fine, just the sensitivity is really slow regardless of how high I put it in game settings and on the XIM.

Offline baldeagle

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
  • Gamertag: i am baldeagle
« Reply #7 on: 05:03 AM - 02/24/17 »
Here's a snippet from one of the missions. You can get a good idea of turn speed etc from this footage. My xim was flashing red the whole time as I was maxing out the turn speed. But certainly playable, the look mechanic is so much like the division, very floaty.

But as I said earlier, there seems to be conflicting views on how this game plays out. So this is just my experience so far.

https://www.youtube.com/v/wnkF_NdZwbU

Offline Amuro

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:41 PM - 02/24/17 »
On the PS4 Pro the game feels more than 30 FPS.

Offline TehSubXero

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:46 PM - 02/25/17 »
used bf1. it feels like a random st during a beta always does.  but it works sooo

Offline macall1975

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: macall75
« Reply #10 on: 09:12 AM - 02/27/17 »
Will there be an official ST for this after release, Ive experimenting with different controls, and there seems to be an issue with the order wheel, I dont know how this will work, as its very difficult to use it with the mouse.

Offline Primax

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03:18 AM - 02/28/17 »
Yes there wil be an official ST \o/

Admin