XIM Community

Anyone tried the Battlefield Bad Company demo with Xim yet?  (Read 5259 times)

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xsmoothupinyax
Re: Anyone tried the Battlefield Bad Company demo with Xim yet?
« Reply #15 on: 09:52 PM - 05/29/08 »
ok, got the demo for the ps3. Looks better then the beta did on the 360, so thats good. XIM works a lot better!! I mean COD 4 good!! What sucks though, they @#$% with the look speed when sprinting and reloading so...its much slower! But when just moving around, man can I aim quick!

This is what I have so far..with a bit of tweaking, I can see it being as good as COD 4 if not, dare I say....BETTER!!

DeadZone                   29
DeadZoneType            Circular
YXRatio                        2.0
TranslationExponent   0.40
SensitivityPrimary        18
SensitivitySecondary    22
SensitivityToggle          MouseRight
Smoothness                 0.00

I didnt play the SP,  only MP. I played 2 games so far...606 points, 1.22 KDR

EDIT: Well the stats are screwed I think....I got to the highest rank in the demo but the leaderboard still has me at my previous rank?!? KDR 1.55 now!

I recorded a vid but need to find my firewire cable to transfer...

They changed the damage a bit but not much....firing from the hip does more damage then ADS!?! Weird I say. It was the other way around in the beta..still takes half a clip to down some one....Ill test more to make sure..
« Last Edit: 01:16 AM - 05/30/08 by cameltoe »

Offline blash

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02:55 PM - 05/30/08 »
wow that's good news... wait for reviews and see how this game does then I guess if it's going to play that well with XIM.

360 Gamertag - WickedPheonix
Proud owner of the one and only glitter-glue XIM2

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xsmoothupinyax
« Reply #17 on: 09:11 PM - 05/30/08 »
Ok, more time with the game today. It really bothers me how the game slows down the look speeds when sprinting....makes it difficult to sprint, 180, kill a mofo...I set the secondary sensi to the sprint button to help with that,  but it still doesnt work the way I want. So no sprinting!!!

I went on a kniving spree lol.....I got behind their spawn ( we had them pushed to the last crate) and  they were set up trying to prevent us from getting the last crate. I walked up behind 7 guys and SHANK!! MY DOG TAGS!!!

If you get stuck with some idiots forget about winning...I was on a team of snipers!! All but me!! We lost, quick! You really need to work the classes in this game, and I like that.

XIm is working great!! Aiming for the head is much easier and downs the enemy much faster...so far so good....gonna try and tighten the config a bit more

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10:57 PM - 05/30/08 »
That sounds great. Hopefully xim2 will work as well on the 360. So far this is turning out to be my favorite game in a while. I'm doing well enough with a gamepad, surprisingly. Though, not the 3 - 5 K/D I'd get in BF 2/2142.

Offline Callabrator

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08:54 PM - 06/05/08 »
I'd love to hear some more impressions from XIM users on BF:BC. 

I'm holding out for the XIM2, so these impressions are from using a pad.  I started out a little dissappointed with the demo, but stuck with it because I'm such a Battlefield nut (300+ hours logged in BF2 and probably just as many in BF1942 + BFV + BF2142) that I figured I'd give it more than a fair shot...and 10+ logged hours later and I'm in love!  It doesn't do everything that BF2 did, and it certainly seems streamlined for the console crowd, but what's here is fantastic!  The Gold Rush gamemode and the destructable terrain are 2 of the best things that have happened to this series.  I can't wait for the full game to ship, and I'm sure the experience will be even better when the XIM2 ships!

technogiant

« Reply #20 on: 02:29 PM - 06/06/08 »
Haven't tried it with the xim just the game pad but don't like it, it plays a bit like frontlines fuel of war but not a fraction as good.

Offline blash

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03:55 PM - 06/06/08 »
@ technogiant - you realize FfoW was a rip off of Battlefield, right? :P

360 Gamertag - WickedPheonix
Proud owner of the one and only glitter-glue XIM2

technogiant

« Reply #22 on: 02:51 AM - 06/08/08 »
@ technogiant - you realize FfoW was a rip off of Battlefield, right? :P

In that case they have done a very good job of it

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
« Reply #23 on: 03:02 PM - 06/08/08 »
Hey guys, I just posted a config for 2000/1600 dpi mice for the new demo. Even on a gen. 1 XIM it feels real good. A cross between halo 3 and cod4. Dont forget to crank up in-game sensitivity.

http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=552.0

Offline CEOrko

• MVP
  • Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04:23 PM - 06/08/08 »
Also don't forget to change the vehicle controls to config 2 if you plan on using the keyboard to drive. The demo doesn't save settings, so you'll have to do it each time you start up the game.

Offline abs0lut

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11:27 AM - 06/25/08 »
Thought I woud bumb this since the game is out already and I bought.  To say smiply, I love this game.  And yea I have played BF2 PC and I played the BF 2142 Demo.  While I enjoyed those 2, BC I love because it plays so well, even on a gamepad that I thought I would never be able to say.  It gets even better when you squad up with guys you actually know.  I run assault al the time and my K:D ratio is 1.071 which is pretty surpising to me, I thought I would just get destroyed.  Can't wait to get xim2 for this thang.
The present is a gift..

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02:11 PM - 06/25/08 »
Thought I woud bumb this since the game is out already and I bought.  To say smiply, I love this game.  And yea I have played BF2 PC and I played the BF 2142 Demo.  While I enjoyed those 2, BC I love because it plays so well, even on a gamepad that I thought I would never be able to say.  It gets even better when you squad up with guys you actually know.  I run assault al the time and my K:D ratio is 1.071 which is pretty surpising to me, I thought I would just get destroyed.  Can't wait to get xim2 for this thang.

Xim 1 plays nice with it after some tweaking. I have this game on the list to test with for Xim 2. I'll be posting all those results and more later on.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline abs0lut

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07:57 PM - 06/26/08 »
Man, after extensive playing online, I really miss my mouse and kb lol.  I know I would be a beast with it.  Really considering a prefabbed xim with xfps till xim2 :P
The present is a gift..

Offline Cameron3395

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09:55 AM - 06/27/08 »
I really like the game too but it seems it takes a whole magazine to kill someone with the automatic weapons.  If the weapons were like the COD4 weapons it would be great, considering they get the problems fixed.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09:58 AM - 06/27/08 »
COD4
Halo 3
BFBC
UTIII

All of these feel so awesome with Xim 2.

Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.