Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Grifta...
« Reply #16 on: 06:31 PM - 03/04/17 »
The build quality is very good. I do wish it had more buttons accessible but it is a good alternative to the Nav.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07:49 PM - 03/04/17 »
OBsIV,

I have noticed in Dinput mode that when I press the trigger button on the bottom it causes me to aim straight downwards to the ground, whereas keyboard mode does not have this issue and behaves like a normal button.

Do you get the same behavior from yours?

My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #18 on: 10:00 AM - 03/05/17 »
What do you see in Manager when you press the trigger? I haven't seen that but didn't test the latest in-game (meaning wouldn't have seen if there is an issue with it actually producing right stick input).

Also, if you plug into Windows and while in DInput mode open the game controller control panel, when you press the trigger do you see 2 things happen instead of 1?

Offline MattyAu

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: o MattyAu o
« Reply #19 on: 10:15 PM - 03/06/17 »
I've just ordered one of these. Hoping the build quality is good, not a cheap alternative to the PS move when ordering to Aus...

I'm curious, is the analog stick clickable, i.e. an L3 button??

Offline Pfeuff

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pfoiffee
« Reply #20 on: 04:07 AM - 03/07/17 »
@OBsIV - Have you been in touch with Paul over the last couple weeks? With his lack of communication on kickstarter, and not having received the shipping survey for my GRIFTA Duo yet, I'm feeling a tad concerned. Any kind of info at this point would be very reassuring to say the least.

-My Setup-

- XIM3 | Xbox360 Pro 120GB
- XIM4 | XboxOne 1TB (Halo 5 LE Console)
- BenQ G2420HD Monitor (24"/1920x1080/2ms GTG) | *New Logitech G933 Gaming Headset | Logitech Z906 5.1 speakers
- Razer Orbweaver Gaming Keypad | Logitech G310 Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G700/s Wireless Gaming Mouse

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #21 on: 01:43 PM - 03/07/17 »
@OBsIV - Have you been in touch with Paul over the last couple weeks? With his lack of communication on kickstarter, and not having received the shipping survey for my GRIFTA Duo yet, I'm feeling a tad concerned. Any kind of info at this point would be very reassuring to say the least.

I have not, sorry about that.

Offline MattyAu

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06:06 PM - 03/08/17 »
I'm curious, is the analog stick clickable, i.e. an L3 button??

To answer my own question, after much research, I found a schematic of the Grifta that confirmed the Analog stick is indeed clickable.

As much as I'd prefer the analog stick and d-pad swapped, I'm looking forward to having a viable alternative to the PS Move.

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 06:46 PM - 03/08/17 »
Is the stick about the same distance away from neutral as the dual shock? I have bad carpel tunnel and find it a bit painful to use offset sticks for too long that's why I rely on the Nav so much but the @#$% thing is dying. Order a new battery and that only holds like 60-90 mins of charge now. Won't be long till that dies too:(
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline MattyAu

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04:54 PM - 03/14/17 »
Is the stick about the same distance away from neutral as the dual shock? I have bad carpel tunnel and find it a bit painful to use offset sticks for too long that's why I rely on the Nav so much but the @#$% thing is dying. Order a new battery and that only holds like 60-90 mins of charge now. Won't be long till that dies too:(

Sucks that no one has bothered to reply to you, I should hopefully have mine soon, will let you know when I get it.

Offline Billd77

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07:04 PM - 03/14/17 »
I just received mine. I'd say it's similar to dual shock. Honestly this thing isn't very comfortable for me. But I've been using the nav for so long that it may just take time to adjust. The grip seems too narrow, I'd like to fatten it up, already brainstorming some ideas on what to do. But again this could just be because it's different, I've been using the nav for years. But the build quality does seem pretty good, a pretty and well made device. I actually bought it for pc gaming, the keyboard mode is nice. No more fighting my pc to get the nav to work. Seems like a constant battle with drivers, xpadder, etc. So I'll probably continue to use the nav with xim on console and grifta for pc gaming.

Offline MattyAu

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09:32 PM - 03/14/17 »
I just received mine.

Just received mine too. Won't comment until I get a chance to use it, but it does feel very comfortable.

Offline Billd77

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09:47 PM - 03/14/17 »
I logged about two hours with it in one sitting and it made my fingers hurt, and that's why I say the grip is too narrow. I hope it's just a matter of adjusting to it. If I need to there should be options to make the grip more comfortable. I'd prefer the stick be on top but it didn't seem to bother me.

Offline MattyAu

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09:57 PM - 03/14/17 »
I logged about two hours with it in one sitting and it made my fingers hurt, and that's why I say the grip is too narrow. I hope it's just a matter of adjusting to it. If I need to there should be options to make the grip more comfortable. I'd prefer the stick be on top but it didn't seem to bother me.

Yeah, I'm keen to give it an extended run, although that may have to wait until next week, but will log an hour or so with it tonight. I recall reading the grip was made to be replaceable, so I fully expect there to be different sizing at some stage. I'd also prefer the stick placement to be like an xbox control, but holding it felt reasonably natural, though the real test is in using it.
Was the setup up difficult at all? Also, what fw are you on, I'm currently using the steady aim test FW, not sure if I should be updating to the latest gold release for it.

EDIT: Search grips in here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1384390939/grifta-morphing-gamepad/comments?cursor=15998317
There were meant to be extra grips, but they haven't been included, though Paul does state that it is still part of the plan
« Last Edit: 10:02 PM - 03/14/17 by matthewk85 »

Offline Billd77

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10:48 PM - 03/14/17 »
Sorry I wasn't clear, I haven't tried it with the XIM4 yet. I played a couple of hours of resident evil 7 on pc. And I only tested keyboard mode, but it worked flawlessly, literally plug and play. I'll test it out some more tomorrow and update here how it goes. That's good info about the grips, I'd like to have some more options. I'll report back tomorrow with how it goes, I'll try to test every scenario on both pc and XIM4.