XIM Community

Looking for some couch setup advice.  (Read 577 times)

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Loki Revamped
  • PSN ID: LokiRevamped
Looking for some couch setup advice.
« on: 07:42 PM - 02/16/17 »
I know we spoke of this before but it's now 2017 and someone might have a better setup that others beside myself might like to try. I just recently moved my game-room from my basement to an upstairs room. I am looking for a good device that would allow me to use my mouse on the couch. I play with the G502 and Sony Nav (wired). What is the longest cable anyone has successfully used with a Sony Nav wired, the G502 cable is already long enough. I will be sitting about 6-10 feet away from the TV.

Thank You in advance.
ping" width="200" height="200

Please don't trivialize something you don't understand

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Looking for some couch setup advice.
« Reply #1 on: 09:36 AM - 02/17/17 »
USB maximum segment length is 15ft. I seen people on here talking about setups that traverse even bigger distances. Hopefully one can comment with advise.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for some couch setup advice.
« Reply #2 on: 10:55 AM - 02/17/17 »
6-10 feet should be no issue unless your devices are very power hungry

if you want to make sure everything runs smoothly you can go for a cable with external power supply, that way you can pretty much cover any distance in your house that you want to :)

alternatively theres the new logitech g403 wireless which right now is the best wireless mouse you can get
flawless sensor, no latency over wireless and a fairly light weigt for a wireless mouse
together with eg a logitech wireless keyboard you could go fully wireless
(plus a wireless headset eg)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central