XIM Community

Getting Logitech onboard profiles to load?  (Read 1572 times)

Offline r553

• View Profile
Getting Logitech onboard profiles to load?
« on: 06:52 PM - 02/14/17 »
I have a G19s keyboard and I can't seem to get the on-board profile to load.

I specifically have it set to red LEDs but somehow it always defaults to white.
A secondary problem (not important as it most likely won't work) is that because the profile isn't loading, none of my G-key mappings work.

Any solution? Thanks!
Xbox One X | XIM APEX | Logitech G502 | Logitech G19s | SteelSeries QcK+ | MixAmp Pro TR | Sennheiser Game One

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Logitech onboard profiles to load?
« Reply #1 on: 09:53 AM - 02/15/17 »
I'm not familiar with this, hopefully someone who has this keyboard can help.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline r553

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:52 PM - 02/21/17 »
Anyone?
Xbox One X | XIM APEX | Logitech G502 | Logitech G19s | SteelSeries QcK+ | MixAmp Pro TR | Sennheiser Game One

Offline r553

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:35 PM - 03/23/17 »
I guess no one has the answer

Offline r553

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:18 AM - 04/08/17 »
Bump

Offline bf4noob56676

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:22 AM - 04/08/17 »
Yes you made a mistake by buying a device without on board memory. My Logitech G900 wireless mouse has on board memory and all the lights behavior is as expected. As far as keyboard go, you need to upgrade as such with the assurance you have on board memory. Even my profile is loaded. If however you have on board memory it's a firmware update that you have to wait for from xim team.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 09:21 AM - 04/08/17 »
Many devices with profile support actually don't store those profiles on the device itself (they store it on the PC). You'll need to ensure the device you are using actually supports hardware profiles.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline r553

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:47 PM - 04/12/17 »
Yes you made a mistake by buying a device without on board memory. My Logitech G900 wireless mouse has on board memory and all the lights behavior is as expected. As far as keyboard go, you need to upgrade as such with the assurance you have on board memory. Even my profile is loaded. If however you have on board memory it's a firmware update that you have to wait for from xim team.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Many devices with profile support actually don't store those profiles on the device itself (they store it on the PC). You'll need to ensure the device you are using actually supports hardware profiles.

I'm fairly certain that the G19s has on-board profiles as I can drag them into the keyboard memory.
The stored lighting effects worked with the XIM3 but I can't for the life of me get them working with the XIM4.

Offline r553

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07:14 PM - 05/07/17 »
Oh well, I guess no one else has this issue or doesn't care to explain how they got it to work

Offline pyronik

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:27 PM - 05/09/17 »
You need the Logitech Software for on-board memory. That is the reason why the on-board profile is not loading while using the Xim4.

Offline r553

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:20 AM - 05/28/17 »
You need the Logitech Software for on-board memory. That is the reason why the on-board profile is not loading while using the Xim4.

The Logitech Gaming Framework app installed on my PC?
I do, and it works fine with my mouse for storing profiles, however, when I enable the on-board for the profile for my keyboard it doesn't seem to work with the XIM but it does on other PCs.

Offline pyronik

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03:32 PM - 05/28/17 »

I do, and it works fine with my mouse for storing profiles, however, when I enable the on-board for the profile for my keyboard it doesn't seem to work with the XIM but it does on other PCs.

That is the point it will only work when you're using the Software. This on-board memory works on any PC where LGS is installed. It's not like the newer Logitech devices where you just config your profile and then you can use it everywhere without the Software. The on-board memory on the g19s only works when you're using the Software aswell. That's why it's working on other PCs where LGS is installed but not on your Xim4. You are not using the Software while playing with the Xim4 and that is the reason why your on-board profiles won't load there.

Offline r553

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02:16 PM - 09/30/17 »

That is the point it will only work when you're using the Software. This on-board memory works on any PC where LGS is installed. It's not like the newer Logitech devices where you just config your profile and then you can use it everywhere without the Software. The on-board memory on the g19s only works when you're using the Software aswell. That's why it's working on other PCs where LGS is installed but not on your Xim4. You are not using the Software while playing with the Xim4 and that is the reason why your on-board profiles won't load there.

Hmm...got it thanks.
Still not sure why my profile worked with the XIM3, but oh well I guess.