XIM Community

Splitfish officially licensed  (Read 5466 times)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Splitfish officially licensed
« Reply #15 on: 10:16 AM - 02/10/17 »
What problems are you having with the Xim? Most issues are relatively easy to sort out once we know what's going on :)

I have a g500 which was working but occasionally suffered power issues, I use it combined with a Sony nav (wired), tried plugging both into a powered USB hub. This works until the nav starts charging, at which point the mouse stops working, it's as if the charging mode switches everything off. If I leave it to fully charge and plug it all back in it works until the charge drops to the point where it starts charging and it all disconnects again.

So I thought I would try a new mouse, turns out the Corsair scimitar isn't supported (side buttons don't work), so again the nav setup can't be used.  I also bought a brand new nav, that had the exact same problem with the g500 (which works fine on PC btw), then just in case the new nav came with a bad battery I bought a brand new battery which I tried in both nav controllers.... still the same issue !!

Both navs and mice work perfectly fine on my PC and so most of my gaming is on there now and xim gathers dust

Edit: forgot to add that I come back here once a month to ask when drivers for the scimitar will be added but those posts just get ignored now, that's why I've started looking for alternative device

The issues you are experiencing are unfortunate but expected. If the Nav battery is low you will have issues as you have four devices connected to a single USB port and your console can't power and charge everything. It's best to use the Nav in wireless mode to cut down on Nav induced issues.

G9, G500, G400, all of the older logitech mice are known to develop shorts in their cable over time from use. Many of us have experience this, myself included. The scimitar requires drivers for it to be fully functional. I don't know if support is possible or its a low priority. I recommend using your Nav in wireless mode and using a mouse from that is known to be compatible from the hardware list. Now that you have two Navs you could dock one of them and swap between them when the battery is depleted.

http://xim4.com/hardware
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Battlefielder

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09:36 AM - 02/18/17 »
Thanks for the advice mist, I'll look up how to connect nav wireless and see if it works

Offline saint72

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: saint72
« Reply #17 on: 03:34 AM - 02/19/17 »
The Frag chuck is amazing, the mouse side is garbage :)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #18 on: 11:39 AM - 02/19/17 »

What do you like about the chuk?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline saint72

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12:47 PM - 02/19/17 »

Feels way more comfortable than a nav mate.

No need to charge, one decent quality duracell battery will last for months playing around 6-7 hours a day.

Also I have been using mine daily for hours as mentioned since the days of black ops 1 and it's still going strong!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02:07 PM - 02/19/17 »

i dont have it but what i like is that is has 3 shoulder buttons instead of 2 like the sony nav
thats one additional button on the chuck that can be pressed WHILE using the analogstick

thats one key feature most nunchuck designers dont realize, shooters require a lot of actions to be used WHILE moving around
having just 2-3 of those buttons means that any other important action needs to be placed on the mouse which usually means you have way too many actions on the mouse
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Loki Revamped
  • PSN ID: LokiRevamped
« Reply #21 on: 10:23 AM - 02/20/17 »

No need to charge, one decent quality duracell battery will last for months playing around 6-7 hours a day.

Also I have been using mine daily for hours as mentioned since the days of black ops 1 and it's still going strong!

Does the chuck work perfect with the Xim4? Being that you're not using the mouse that comes with the chuck do you notice any problems being that you technically have two mice connected to the Xim4? Which model do you recommend?
Please don't trivialize something you don't understand

Offline saint72

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01:03 PM - 02/20/17 »

Does the chuck work perfect with the Xim4? Being that you're not using the mouse that comes with the chuck do you notice any problems being that you technically have two mice connected to the Xim4? Which model do you recommend?
I use a g700s as I like wireless and has a good amount of buttons.

No issue with the chuck at all but it's the old ps3 model can't imagine it's much different this time around.

The dangle goes in the xim and the chuck connects via Bluetooth to that.

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Loki Revamped
  • PSN ID: LokiRevamped
« Reply #23 on: 09:06 AM - 02/21/17 »

No issue with the chuck at all but it's the old ps3 model can't imagine it's much different this time around.

Thank You. Have you ever used the Sony Nav and if yes, does one feel more responsive than the other?
Please don't trivialize something you don't understand

Offline saint72

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12:40 PM - 02/21/17 »

Thank You. Have you ever used the Sony Nav and if yes, does one feel more responsive than the other?
I couldn't get on with the nav felt uncomfortable and always charging etc.