XIM Community

Corsair K65 + USB hub  (Read 689 times)

Offline xCira LE

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Azoric
Corsair K65 + USB hub
« on: 06:18 AM - 01/24/17 »
Hey all,

Anyone know why the K65 doesn't seem to work if plugged through a USB hub? It works when plugged directly into the XIM (the power USB is plugged into the HUB). It just doesn't register key presses. Even with the power USB cable into my hub and the K65 direct into the XIM there is too much power draw which makes it feedback into the mic.

I tried without using the power USB cable plugged in and just the data one but that doesn't work either.

Firmware is right up to date (SA5) and manager is up to date too.
Mice: G403 Prodigy, G502 Spectrum, G402 Hyperion Fury, Razer Deathadder Chroma, FinalMouse Scream One, FinalMouse Classic Ergo 2 (2017).
Keyboards: Corsair K65 RGB LUX, Razer Orbweaver Chroma, Razer Tartarus Chroma, Sony NAV
Console: XBOX ONE
Monitor: BenQ XL2411T
XIM4 running SA5 PD
Amazon Basics USB 2.0 powered Hub

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Corsair K65 + USB hub
« Reply #1 on: 10:05 AM - 01/24/17 »
If you attach the keyboard to the powered hub and then attach the hub to port 1 or 2 of XIM4 does it work this way?

Also, which version of the k65 is this? I think the lux has been confirmed working.

Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline xCira LE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:57 AM - 01/24/17 »
That is how i have been setting it up but it doesn't work. Direct connect, not a problem at all. It isn't a port issue on the hub either as i tried all of them including the one which my mouse is plugged into but to no avail. It isn't a game breaking issue for me but would be nice to not have to use the ports on the xim so much.

Yeah it is a RGB LUX. As i said it is working, just not the way i would prefer it to.

It is a powered 2.0 hub if you were wondering too.
Mice: G403 Prodigy, G502 Spectrum, G402 Hyperion Fury, Razer Deathadder Chroma, FinalMouse Scream One, FinalMouse Classic Ergo 2 (2017).
Keyboards: Corsair K65 RGB LUX, Razer Orbweaver Chroma, Razer Tartarus Chroma, Sony NAV
XIM4 running SA5 PD

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:02 PM - 01/24/17 »
Maybe XIM4 has a problem with this specific hub. I know it has issues with the amazon basics keyboard. Have you tried other hubs?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline xCira LE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:04 PM - 01/24/17 »
Maybe. I haven't tried any other ones. I might pick one up at some point and i will let you know if that fixes it.
XIM4 running SA5 PD

Admin