XIM Community

BF1 PLANE Config Help!  (Read 3323 times)

Offline Swaany

• View Profile
BF1 PLANE Config Help!
« on: 09:23 AM - 01/16/17 »
So i have played BF1 abit lately and i wanna get good with the air aspect of the game, but i find flying with the xim to be more hard then using the actual controller atm. I dunno if its my xim settings or button choice? Just wondering if any of you guy would care sharing your plane setups please, like button choices and settings?

Atm these are on settings:
DPI: 3600
Xim sense while in air: experimenting with anything between 40-220

Biggest problem i have is i run out of mouse mat, cause i have to make these big @#$% arm turns to try and make sharp turns with the plane, but it just feels like im handicapping myself atm with m/k
Plus i dont quite know but when i use to play Planetside 2 on PC i bound stick up and down to my mouse buttons, but atm it is push mouse forward and back and it just feels so bad..
Any tips will be greatly appreciated, so thanks alot in advance :)

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: BF1 PLANE Config Help!
« Reply #1 on: 10:50 AM - 01/16/17 »
I don't have a specific suggestion, hopefully someone can share what they are using too but have you tried applying the vehicle turn tips here? There are a few suggestions on how to improve slow moving cameras.

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=33207.0

Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Swaany

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:30 AM - 01/17/17 »
Thanks Mist.. I tried this and it still makes flying so much harder with a controller, dosent seem to be to many xim4 pilots anyway atm..

Offline ItsMeDude

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:21 PM - 01/17/17 »
I can't use the controller however, that being said I can only use the controller to fly in BF1. The Xim settings for me can never equate to same feel or even overcome my pathetic controller abilities when it comes to flying in BF1.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:38 PM - 01/17/17 »
I haven't tried flying in BF1 with XIM but I had the same issue in previous BF games as well. I always used the controller for air vehicles, ground vehicles were manageable. We do support the logitech extreme 3d if you want to try a joystick instead.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline rangerlee

• Rangers Lead the Way
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:43 PM - 01/18/17 »
To be honest, the controller for flying is your best bet. I can do OK on the PC using M/K, but I was also able to map a flight stick.

Flying is one aspect where the controller is better than the XIM on the xbox or ps4.  I found myself getting more and more used to the controller while flying, though I doubt I would ever get to the point of using it while on foot or in tanks.
"Scissors is overpowered, Rock is fine" - Paper

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:41 PM - 01/18/17 »
bind pitch up to eg spacebar and flying starts to get really easy :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

turkpac

« Reply #7 on: 03:12 AM - 01/20/17 »
So i have played BF1 abit lately and i wanna get good with the air aspect of the game, but i find flying with the xim to be more hard then using the actual controller atm. I dunno if its my xim settings or button choice? Just wondering if any of you guy would care sharing your plane setups please, like button choices and settings?

Atm these are on settings:
DPI: 3600
Xim sense while in air: experimenting with anything between 40-220

Biggest problem i have is i run out of mouse mat, cause i have to make these big @#$% arm turns to try and make sharp turns with the plane, but it just feels like im handicapping myself atm with m/k
Plus i dont quite know but when i use to play Planetside 2 on PC i bound stick up and down to my mouse buttons, but atm it is push mouse forward and back and it just feels so bad..
Any tips will be greatly appreciated, so thanks alot in advance :)

I tried several different settings and keybindings but no matter what I choose it feels very clunky to fly with mouse and keyboard because of the slow turnings, tanks works good though.

Offline rangerlee

• Rangers Lead the Way
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:32 AM - 01/22/17 »
bind pitch up to eg spacebar and flying starts to get really easy :)

This, on the PC I fly with M/K, use spacebar for pitch up. Increase your sensitivity in game for plane controls, and it may feel better.
"Scissors is overpowered, Rock is fine" - Paper