XIM Community

[RESOLVED] xim4 ps4 wont work  (Read 1066 times)

Offline hormone1983

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lougio
[RESOLVED] xim4 ps4 wont work
« on: 10:36 AM - 01/12/17 »
hi there i have a xim4 and a ps4 i have been using it but could not get it too work as smoothly as I would like.. I have a standards keyboard with a naga 17 button mouse, my issue is its all connected correctly and I have connected it to the ps4, but I can't seem to get the xim4 to actually act as a controller by that I mean it wont power on .. I have it connected .. On my TV its got the playstation and says press ps button to continue , so am stuck there.. my controller is pluged into the xim4 and its connected to ps4 wired

Mouse and keyboard both telling me on the iphone its working, every key stroke on the keyboard works and shows me on the manager , still nothing..

I have tried by passing this using the actual controller after unplugging it and then Manuel turning controller off but it takes me back to PRESS PS button to contunie ..
PS on keyboard PS button is ESC and I have tried to press this and change it to 1-2 still no luck how ever it does change it on the app.. and I see it .

put a vid on youtube hopeing someone could assist me https://youtu.be/XA6Cl5K6ST0

need help thanks
« Last Edit: 10:08 AM - 01/13/17 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: xim4 ps4 wont work
« Reply #1 on: 10:37 AM - 01/12/17 »
Welcome to the community. The new controllers are supported by the latest firmware. You may need to update for support.

You can find the latest firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://xim4.com/latest
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline hormone1983

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:40 AM - 01/12/17 »
ill have a look and see if it needs updated but nuthing has changed tbh just not used in a months, thanks let u know how i get on

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:40 AM - 01/12/17 »
hey,

ill move your topic to the support forum :)

to clarify, what icons can you see in the xim manager?
there should be console, controller, mouse, keyboard
in your case it sounds like the controller icon is missing, is that the case?
also are you on the regular playstation or playstation pro?

in the meantime please download and install the following latest xim firmware :)
then launch your console via the console start button and retry with the controller
http://www.xim4.com/latest

if that didnt do the trick id switch out the usb cable between xim and the controller

edit:
no chance against mist once again :(
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:46 AM - 01/12/17 »
:)

Oh, if it had been working but is not now then I would fully charge your controller to begin with, especially if you are seeing input in Manager but not in game. If this doesn't help then Odin's suggestion of replacing the controller cable may be your next step.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline hormone1983

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] xim4 ps4 wont work
« Reply #5 on: 09:13 AM - 01/13/17 »
https://youtu.be/XA6Cl5K6ST0 got a decent help from people aswell on the video but updated the firmware and seemed to be working now ..... so thanks for that .. :)

Admin