XIM Community

Battlefield 1 ST, am I the only one who thinks this???  (Read 1780 times)

Offline greeno85

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: GREENO85
  • PSN ID: GREENO85
Hi,

I've been with XIM since release and although not an expert, I do believe I know what i am doing in terms of configuring to get the best out of the product for the intended game. Now I have mostly played COD over the last few years but this year decided to also try a bit of BF1 as the review where so good. I have tried many peoples config, Zombieguy for example, and used many other curves etc from knowledge that I have used in previous games but something seriously seems to be off with the ST in my opinion. For reference, I am playing on pS4, I have a G502 and yes I have cycled through the DPI's, changed the pollination etc etc. I created a private server just to test a few things and when i try and track a static object with the mouse while strafing around said object, I get quite a lot of jitter from the mouse. Now the COD ST's have always been butter smooth in my opinion and have given good results, but I feel there is something quite off here. I have heard people saying the look mechanic is quite floaty etc which could be causing the problems. Also, especially with Zombieguys setting, he talks about maintaining the look sensitivity through the Hip and ADS by having the same numerical values. However, despite being new to Battlefield i was under impression that there was a smooth transistion. One thing I haven't tried is using a progressive delay? This is standard now yes in the current new firmware? It worked well with COD so maybe this needs a go. Just for reference, I am a mid-high send player, on COD i like a 12k DPI, HIP approx 14-15 and ADS around 8. If anyone can help me or post a config that suits my play style I would be very grateful. So many bloody in game settings on BF1 also...ARGHH! Thanks guys

Offline bc525

• View Profile
Re: Battlefield 1 ST, am I the only one who thinks this???
« Reply #1 on: 04:12 PM - 01/09/17 »
No, you are NOT alone!  I've had my xim4 for a solid year or better and had it dialed into a killing machine on BF4...BF1 comes around and I've tried everything short of burying a live chicken in the back yard to get things so I can even hit the broad side of a barn.  It's somewhat "laggy" and seems to "float"...tracking a target is impossible...it's spray and pray.

I really don't know where to go from here.  My neighbor has the same set up (settings and all) and his tracking is tight.  He tried to play on my system last night and literally said "man, I'm sorry for making fun of you....I can't play on this!"  At least that explains my pathetic k/d ratio.

I've reset everything, updated firmwares...tried every setting in the game and every config posted here in the forums....

Going to actually try to start removing other things from the equation.  First to go back to BF4 and make sure it's solid...b/c if it is then I'm done with BF1.. If it's not, then trying a different display (use a 65" LED, which might be my issue), trying a different mouse....throwing a dead dog over my shoulder while saying the alphabet backwards....lighting a candle at church....hell I don't what else to do.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I'm currently using a Razer Ouroboros and back to basic default settings on the XIM4 BF1 and the settings instructed for the game.....

Hi,

I've been with XIM since release and although not an expert, I do believe I know what i am doing in terms of configuring to get the best out of the product for the intended game. Now I have mostly played COD over the last few years but this year decided to also try a bit of BF1 as the review where so good. I have tried many peoples config, Zombieguy for example, and used many other curves etc from knowledge that I have used in previous games but something seriously seems to be off with the ST in my opinion. For reference, I am playing on pS4, I have a G502 and yes I have cycled through the DPI's, changed the pollination etc etc. I created a private server just to test a few things and when i try and track a static object with the mouse while strafing around said object, I get quite a lot of jitter from the mouse. Now the COD ST's have always been butter smooth in my opinion and have given good results, but I feel there is something quite off here. I have heard people saying the look mechanic is quite floaty etc which could be causing the problems. Also, especially with Zombieguys setting, he talks about maintaining the look sensitivity through the Hip and ADS by having the same numerical values. However, despite being new to Battlefield i was under impression that there was a smooth transistion. One thing I haven't tried is using a progressive delay? This is standard now yes in the current new firmware? It worked well with COD so maybe this needs a go. Just for reference, I am a mid-high send player, on COD i like a 12k DPI, HIP approx 14-15 and ADS around 8. If anyone can help me or post a config that suits my play style I would be very grateful. So many bloody in game settings on BF1 also...ARGHH! Thanks guys

Offline LLIMIT

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
  • Gamertag: LLlMIT
« Reply #2 on: 04:24 PM - 01/09/17 »
I don't know if you've looked through YouTube but I make a lot of these showcase videos of the new games that come out. I also find it challenging to make configs for this game, you can try mine if you want. I'm looking into others configs as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CksGvBimJ3M&index=4&list=PLh2wzD1e58ohTJIwwxfP6zEdA5GbUlJfA
Maker of the XIM Showcase videos
https://www.youtube.com/LLlMIT
SETUP
Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard: Koolerton Gaming Keypad
Headset: Steelseries Arctis 3 - Boreal Blue
Monitor: LG 49 SK8000

Offline DrunkenSailorGamer

• Youtube- Drunken Sailor Gamer
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: DrUnkeN__SaiLoR
« Reply #3 on: 12:55 AM - 01/10/17 »
I'm having issues with this game now too.  I also play on PS4 and with the G502.

I've tried curves, I've messed with the ST and it still feels terrible.  Floaty is the best way for me to describe it.
XIM4-PS4-BENQ 24 Monitor-G502-Blackwidow Keyboard-Youtube channel "Drunken Sailor Gamer"

Offline greeno85

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:57 AM - 01/10/17 »
Has anyone tried using a delay? I'll try some of those configs LLIMIT, worth a try right!
I've thought it could be a mouse tracking issue so i switched cloth and hard mouse pad materials but it makes no difference. The XIM works fine for COD so I know it isnt an issue with the mouse.

Are people on XB1 having the same issue? I dont want to appear ungrateful and I know a lot of hard work goes in to making the ST but could it possiblly be revisited and tweaked?

Offline greeno85

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:58 AM - 01/10/17 »
Also, what firmware are people using?

Offline bc525

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:10 AM - 01/10/17 »
WELL I GOT IT FIGURED OUT......

First, hats off LLIMIT, as just checking out your channel I found your TV Settings video...and I had the revelation I needed.....long story short the 65" tv I am now using was NOT set properly for gaming!  I spent a good 30 minutes on that tv and checked every setting, changing them all to be in favor of gaming and WOW what a difference.  NO LAG, it just pops the way it should.  I actually enjoyed playing BF1 last night, of course now I have no excuses for sucking!

So, with this revelation in mind....I'd like to ask if anyone out there that knows what they're doing in terms of tv configs to start a thread as I had never given it a thought and I'm sure there are others out there that could really benefit from your knowledge!

Until then, if you're curious check out LL's youtube channel and watch the "How To Calibrate your Display For Gaming" at the very least!

hallelujah!!!

I don't know if you've looked through YouTube but I make a lot of these showcase videos of the new games that come out. I also find it challenging to make configs for this game, you can try mine if you want. I'm looking into others configs as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CksGvBimJ3M&index=4&list=PLh2wzD1e58ohTJIwwxfP6zEdA5GbUlJfA

Offline greeno85

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:33 AM - 01/10/17 »
bc525, weren't you gamin on the same set though before?

Offline greeno85

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:34 AM - 01/10/17 »
Also what setting are you using? Are you using LLIMIT's config from his youtube video?

Offline sieferswe82

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: sieferswe
« Reply #9 on: 08:05 AM - 01/10/17 »
Sorry to hear u guys having issues. Been using Zombieguys curve since release and I'm doing OK. Also only using ingame slowdown aimassist also.

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk

Offline rangerlee

• Rangers Lead the Way
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:47 AM - 01/10/17 »
I am playing on X1 and man, it feels great. I generally follow Cybies configs, and recently gave Zombies config a try. Both work great and feel great. Keep in mind I play on PC a ton, so I am very sensitive when I move to Xbox and if it is off, it would be frustrating.

I think the big key is making sure your sensitivity in the ST is set to an area that works for you. I generally do not mess with my DPI setting at all. (save for when I jump in a vehicle gunner set).
"Scissors is overpowered, Rock is fine" - Paper

Offline bc525

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08:36 PM - 01/10/17 »
bc525, weren't you gamin on the same set though before?

Actually no.....I just finished my basement and my neighbor moved leaving me his tv until he gets settled...so I'm sort of borrowing it.  I do plan to purchase a 65"+, but figured I'd wait until the end of this month when the SuperBowl deals come out....

So, lesson learned as I had never even thought about the tv being my issue, but it sure was!

Offline bc525

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08:40 PM - 01/10/17 »
Also what setting are you using? Are you using LLIMIT's config from his youtube video?

Honestly stock right now....just the straight settings...I think I bumped up hip and ads sens a bit, but aside from that nothing.  I do plan to load up LLIMIT's config to see how it is, but it will have to be noticeable as the difference of just now to when my tv was screwing me is night and day....I seriously can't believe the tv was doing that and I had been playing with it now for over 2 moths that coming back to the way it is supposed to be makes this feel like an entirely new game!

Offline digital blasphemy

• Run, think, shoot, live. Black Mesa....
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Digital Blasphemy
  • PSN ID: DigLtaLbLaspheme
« Reply #13 on: 10:48 PM - 01/10/17 »
;D Hello ximers.

This is a great fourm and community...
I will share one of my fav and formidable curves and settings .
This is for low to mid game play type. It is for foot soldiers.
Idk the author, but yeshe DALL ripped the Dr. for trying to claim it was his.

-Mouse -  G 502  12000 DPI 1000 Hz

-Bf1-   soldier sensitivity 100 % -  zoom  sensitivity  200 %   All zooms under advanced 100%
USA = on     coefficient  300%
Aim assist rotation & slowdown = on
Video Fov 95                                                                                                                                                                                                       
Ads Fov = off                                                                                                                                                                                                             

-Xim4 app-                                                                                                                                                                                                         
Hip = 2    X\Y 1.20   use hip translator                                                                                                                                                               
Ads = 1    X/Y 1.30   use ads translator                                                                                                                                                             
This is not for tanks, plains, nor trains. 
Wish i had a good curve for them, Have Fun and good luck.

Curve      >>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1ABIkN01ieY3IyMjIyMjIyMjIyMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<     

Also turn motion blur all the way dow. TDM is less laggy than operation.                                                                                                               
G900  12000 dpi 1000hz - Astro A50 - 19 inch Logitech hard pad.

Run think shoot live.

What an amazing accomplishment APEX! Wow!!!

SA4 gameplay.
https://youtu.be/5eeYvLRrRpc
https://youtu.be/KSRehsWyOek
https://youtu.be/Ta-haTfVDpU

Offline greeno85

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12:37 AM - 01/11/17 »

Well I tried your settings LLimit, and they worked great! I would say micro movements still have a little jerk but I can snap on to targets and I actually enjoyed playing last night. I also did the game settings on the Tv but I think the revelation was mostly in the settings. I think it may have been something with the coefficient? IDK but it is A LOT better! Thanks for the help, I'll post my full settings later as I did tweak a little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk