XIM Community

Steady Aim [ADVANCED USERS ONLY]  (Read 201256 times)

Offline Known Outlaw

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
Re: Steady Aim [ADVANCED USERS ONLY]
« Reply #885 on: 12:17 PM - 11/18/17 »
Hello just want to understand what the boost on sa3 does on Cod games does it give more AA? I want to know how to use it properly thanks everyone

Boost with SA3 firmware acts exactly like boost on Gold firmware. Adding boost to this firmware will ultimately make AA feel less sticky but may also make movement jittery.

When Testing SA3 firmware I would suggest leaving boost at ZERO! The way to test SA3 firmware is to activate and deactivate Steady Aim and see if it feels better or worse to you.

Offline Alverax

• View Profile
« Reply #886 on: 12:22 PM - 11/18/17 »
:O alrighty thanks man appreciate it

Offline DeanCR7

• View Profile
« Reply #887 on: 05:17 AM - 11/20/17 »
who firmware work well for ww2 i feel my aim assist so bad now i using steady aim 3

Offline Known Outlaw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: 10:30 AM - 11/20/17 »
who firmware work well for ww2 i feel my aim assist so bad now i using steady aim 3

SA3 is the worst firmware to use if you want less AA IMO. For less AA you should try SA5 with about 70 boost and high DPI settings. 

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: 10:41 PM - 11/20/17 »
ill break it down into this. SA2, and 3 work best for WWII. SA0, 1, 4, 5, 6 threw me off target. doing more research now.

Offline aeo

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: CliffyGreen
  • PSN ID: Aceolus
« Reply #890 on: 09:06 AM - 11/21/17 »
I tried rolling my FW back to SA3 and it only seems to work for 5-10 minutes( never made it through a match) before i lose all input and have to unplug/replug my xim4. It should be noted I'm using sandhawc as well.

i have a logitech g500,g15 kb and ps4 Slim. From what i read SA3 should be compatible with my setup. Am i mis understanding? Should I be using another SA version?

Thanks,
Ace

Offline Obie_1_Kenobi

• May the force be with you...
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TAPTDATAZZ
« Reply #891 on: 01:45 PM - 11/23/17 »
I would have to say SA3 is by far the best between all the steady aim firmwareís. However I donít use steady aim and never did. I firmly believe the latest firmware is by far the smoothest to date. This WW2 game and I just canít find a sweet spot. It seems that if I just stick to something I will be fine but keep changing profiles, curves, values, mouses etc. Lol. Between 5 mouses IĒve found for the G502 to be the best for WW2. Great Job and Happy thanksgiving to all.

Offline Coldpaw

• View Profile
« Reply #892 on: 11:48 AM - 12/04/17 »
so i will get my xim4 hopefully next week and i will  only use my xim4 to play ww2 would you guys suggest installing this rightaway?:) and i will copy this http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=58396.0 setup:)

Offline proist

• View Profile
« Reply #893 on: 06:07 PM - 12/04/17 »
so i will get my xim4 hopefully next week and i will  only use my xim4 to play ww2 would you guys suggest installing this rightaway?:) and i will copy this http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=58396.0 setup:)

Yeah. Iím wondering the same thing.

Offline MattyAu

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: o MattyAu o
« Reply #894 on: 06:24 PM - 12/04/17 »

See here: http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=57936.0

Offline Coldpaw

• View Profile
« Reply #895 on: 07:19 PM - 12/05/17 »

See here: http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=57936.0

Thanks will try these normal settings first:)

Offline CameronMC

• View Profile
« Reply #896 on: 06:42 AM - 12/07/17 »
What are these RC builds like in comparison to the XIM4 latest release build? do I need to try these BETA firmwares like how much better are they than my latest XIM4 firmware (Non-BETA)

Offline Known Outlaw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: 12:43 PM - 12/07/17 »
What are these RC builds like in comparison to the XIM4 latest release build? do I need to try these BETA firmwares like how much better are they than my latest XIM4 firmware (Non-BETA)

Let me put it this way. I pretty much led the charge on this drive for alternative firmware do to issues with Aim Assist. I DONOT use any of these and have gone back to XIM4 latest build firmware with an AAA curve set.

One of the biggest problems with any of these firmwares is they won't EVER be upgraded. So any new mice/KB type peripherals that come out post release may not be supported.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #898 on: 06:12 PM - 12/07/17 »
I never found any benefit in any of the SA builds as I barely felt AA at high mouse DPI and moderate Xim sensitivity. It's at low DPI (3000-ish) and low Xim sensitivity where AA kicks in.

From memory, RML wanted less AA in the SA builds, but some of them offered more, which is why they've become popular.

AA is a double-edged sword - if you can aim and shoot within the hitbox, it's helpful. However, if you're slightly off-target, AA can become a force-field that's difficult to break into, which is unhelpful.

Long story short - SA builds can be a crutch and require a lot of tweaking of mouse DPI, Xim sens and Ballistics / Boost to nail down. Whether or not that makes any significant difference to your KDR over vanilla firmware is debatable.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: 07:26 PM - 12/07/17 »
I never found any benefit in any of the SA builds as I barely felt AA at high mouse DPI and moderate Xim sensitivity. It's at low DPI (3000-ish) and low Xim sensitivity where AA kicks in.

From memory, RML wanted less AA in the SA builds, but some of them offered more, which is why they've become popular.

AA is a double-edged sword - if you can aim and shoot within the hitbox, it's helpful. However, if you're slightly off-target, AA can become a force-field that's difficult to break into, which is unhelpful.

Long story short - SA builds can be a crutch and require a lot of tweaking of mouse DPI, Xim sens and Ballistics / Boost to nail down. Whether or not that makes any significant difference to your KDR over vanilla firmware is debatable.

Aint that the truth.. I don't waste my time digging thru rubble for body parts anymore. I am so used to barely any AA, that when i play with strong AA curves + low DPI, I feel like COD is unplayable for me. High DPI and fast turning, is everything to me when it comes down to aiming. Everyone has their own style of gaming, if i can not spin 180 with barely any mouse movement, i can not play lol

Admin