XIM Community

Steady Aim [ADVANCED USERS ONLY]  (Read 229553 times)

Offline Mike69

• View Profile
Re: Steady Aim [ADVANCED USERS ONLY]
« Reply #960 on: 10:40 AM - 06/01/21 »
Steady Aim is intended to assist entry into the hitbox through strong aim assist. There is no aim assist in Siege, so the SA builds won't help for that game.

Will enabling Steady aim on HIP affect the aim behavior on ADS if steady aim is off on ADS section?

I just use steady aim on hip to make it look like a controller which almost goes in a straight line if you move your mouse to the left or right. I use a value of 2.0 sync: Slow

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #961 on: 03:59 PM - 06/01/21 »
ADS typically has a separate Smart Translator, so HIP Steady Aim wonít affect it. In the few games that donít have ADS STs, HIP Steady Aim will affect ADS.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #962 on: 02:42 AM - 08/19/21 »
What settings I have to choose, if I want a same behavior like SA3 on the XIM Apex?

Please tell me:
Sync
Polling Rate
Sensitivities
Steady Aim
Boost
Smoothing

Is it possible to recreate SA3 from XIM4 Beta on XIM APEX to feel 1:1?
@antithesis @Od1n @OBsIV

It was the best setup for me ever.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #963 on: 05:30 AM - 08/19/21 »
You're going to get different opinions, I can only base mine on my memory of the Steady Aim testing we did for XIM APEX. You'll find some posts from me about Steady Aim testing with XIM 4 and XIM APEX in Black Ops 4 with more info.

Do whatever you want in regards to DPI, Polling and Sens, but lower DPI of 1600 or 3200 would be my recommendation. Others will suggest 12K+ DPI. Try either Response Rate 125Hz, or Sync Default.

Depending on your DPI, you might hit the XIM APEX Sensitivity cap of 500 if going for RR 125Hz, so Sync Default will provide more flexibility and feel about the same. Try RR 125Hz, or Sync Default (or both) and go with whatever feels best.

Try Steady Aim of roughly 3 and tweak up or down a little. This is the key to getting that SA3 feel. Or search for OBsIV's Stairstepping curves. The curves most accurately emulate XIM 4 SA FW behaviour, but Steady Aim on APEX is more customisable.

No Boost or Smoothing, but that's up to taste. Smoothing's at the opposite end of the spectrum to Steady Aim (quantisation) and it's probably counterproductive.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline misterbat

• View Profile
« Reply #964 on: 01:59 AM - 04/06/22 »
the links in the first post doesnt work.
or is it me. i couldt even download the exe files.

Admin