XIM Community

Steady Aim [ADVANCED USERS ONLY]  (Read 148682 times)

Offline systole

• View Profile
Re: Steady Aim [ADVANCED USERS ONLY]
« Reply #45 on: 03:13 PM - 01/05/17 »
i haven't updated my xim in a bit, but will try a few of these. could you please confirm that all the firmware from here going forward use the 100% curve scale rather than the old 125% scale? ive got a stack of curves ive used for both.

Offline xCira LE

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Azoric
« Reply #46 on: 03:14 PM - 01/05/17 »

Higher sens lower boost makes aiming smoother but seems like less aa effect
lower sens higher boost makes aiming snappier almost feels like acceleration with stronger aa effect but go to high and you get some wonky mouse movements. 

A higher sens will push through the AA easier, tbh you should probably be keeping your sensitivity the same as you are introducing variables into the test.
Mice: G403 Prodigy, G502 Spectrum, G402 Hyperion Fury, Razer Deathadder Chroma, FinalMouse Scream One, FinalMouse Classic Ergo 2 (2017).
Keyboards: Corsair K65 RGB LUX, Razer Orbweaver Chroma, Razer Tartarus Chroma, Sony NAV
Console: XBOX ONE
Monitor: BenQ XL2411T
XIM4 running SA5 PD
Amazon Basics USB 2.0 powered Hub

Offline Bonjah

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: OlaBonjah
« Reply #47 on: 03:17 PM - 01/05/17 »
OBsIV, the builds of SA3/SA4/SA5 are standard STv2 if steadyaim is unchecked and boost is at 0 right? I can try the test build and still got my normal settings without flash the xim all the time right?
PS4 Pro | XIM Apex & XIM4 | BenQ RL2755HM | Logitech G403, G502 & G903 | CM Rapid fire | Destiny 2, Black Ops 4, Battlefield 1, Overwatch

Online BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 03:17 PM - 01/05/17 »
test these with no curve systole as the main reason i was using curves was to combat the aim assist bubble of standard stv2 with these new builds the aa assist now actually assist you rather then hinder you.

Online BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 03:23 PM - 01/05/17 »
I started out by not changing sens and just adjusting boost but then you will find a sweet spot by finding the best combination of boost and sens.  If i leave sens the same and raise boost it overshoots and becomes to sensitive but by lowering sens and keeping boost high you get the benefit of both. This build is taking much longer to test then sa2 through sa4 because of so many variables. 

lower sens higher boost makes aiming snappier almost feels like acceleration with stronger aa effect but go to high and you get some wonky mouse movements. 

A higher sens will push through the AA easier, tbh you should probably be keeping your sensitivity the same as you are introducing variables into the test.

Offline systole

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 03:23 PM - 01/05/17 »
test these with no curve systole as the main reason i was using curves was to combat the aim assist bubble of standard stv2 with these new builds the aa assist now actually assist you rather then hinder you.
thats sounds great to me, i will. the reason i was asking though was so i could compare on the fly I.E. 1 ads page with SA on and no curve and a 2nd ads page with my old curve and SA off. i plan to have 2 different ads activation's so i can dynamically compare in a split second.

Online BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 03:24 PM - 01/05/17 »
My understanding is these are built off the newest release candidate so the curves will match that release.  That is a very good way to test on the fly the differences. 

Offline PUBzZz

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 03:38 PM - 01/05/17 »
feels different to me.  Feels faster without the smoothing effect.  Ive been playing with sa5 for hours.

Hip seems more sensitive to boost so have to keep it even lower. 

Still haven't found the perfect combo on sa5 but when i do i will be doing a blind test with 3 separate xims to pick a winner.

I approve this message.
Xbox 1 | PS4
Steelseries Rival 600 | 12k @1000 hz
Logitech G440 Hard pad
Netduma
BenQ XL2420T
Astro A40 + Mixamp

Offline malibu

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 04:13 PM - 01/05/17 »
I started out by not changing sens and just adjusting boost but then you will find a sweet spot by finding the best combination of boost and sens.  If i leave sens the same and raise boost it overshoots and becomes to sensitive but by lowering sens and keeping boost high you get the benefit of both. This build is taking much longer to test then sa2 through sa4 because of so many variables. 

Yeah I keep going from 60-85 trying to figure out where the best ones lie... I find over 85 and its too wonky on ADS of course HIP needs to be like <50

Online BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 04:28 PM - 01/05/17 »
agreed

Online BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 04:39 PM - 01/05/17 »
30 to 40 feels real accurate as well and more similar to SA4

Offline Brummy16

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 06:28 PM - 01/05/17 »
I've gone back 2 Sa4. Seem to drop 30 pluses on that firmware. 5 don't do it for me. Thanx you for doing this OBsIV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline jawww

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 06:44 PM - 01/05/17 »
Question for Obsiv, I'm liking the steady aim 5 but can you elaborate more on what the steady aim value (boost) does. Like more "filtering or acceleration" etc..

I tried using 95 boost but there was weird jerky movements. Went to 85 and there's still the weird jerk but its a lot more subtle. I actually kinda like it, the jerk is only present when aiming in (during the transition) and when doing really small ADS movements. Best way i can describe it is the aim seems like it keeps moving even when i stop moving the mouse. for like a fraction of a second.

I also did notice that without my curve being applied the jerk is almost non existent on the same settings. So I'm thinking the curves acceleration is "stacking" with Steady aim 5 and making it more apparent? it's not even a jerk, it's more like a magnet. I move the mouse to the right and theres like a "ghost" velocity that keeps going in the same direction when i stop.  Except it never over shoots, it usually stops on target. idk. Anyway, i little more clarification would be awesome obsiv. i love playing with knobs. :)

First steady aim 5 test
The Weeknd - The reminder

http://xboxclips.com/Stoner+on+Addy/af1e10ce-4082-45e2-b4ac-953a60ce0b63

You mind sharing your settings/curves/etc.  you are using with COD IW - im dying to know what you prefer. You seem to know ur COD curves. Plz help :p !

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 07:09 PM - 01/05/17 »
30 to 40 feels real accurate as well and more similar to SA4

i tried 30 - 50 past that joystick minimum.. and i thought it was not enough added acceleration and had to much sticky AA..what game are you playing? what is your DPI, Pulling rate?

Always streaming, Click the spinning logo!

Online BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 07:57 PM - 01/05/17 »
12k dpi
500hz
cod iw