XIM Community

Rage quit rainbow six rubbish ahh  (Read 12285 times)

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Rage quit rainbow six rubbish ahh
« Reply #90 on: 03:34 PM - 01/23/17 »
Scary me because of you are saying that running the t2 after the xim could cause 1:1 issue..  Not saying your logic is flawed.

Using sensitivity settings on a Titan One / Two is similar to using ballistics curves on a Xim. Neither is 1:1, which is exactly what you're trying to achieve.

The mathematical equations might be right on paper, but in practice you won't notice a difference as the Xim4 is still handling all mouse translation, simply with a brake or accelerator applied via the Titan Two.

If sensitivity settings are applied evenly across the range of movement via the Titan Two, it should be virtually indistinguishable from reducing sensitivity on the Xim4. Alternately, acceleration can be added at the start or end of the curve, just like ballistics.

The combination works really well and can be applied via a toggle or conditionally depending on the weapon and/or scope you're using based on tracking code or a GUI setting in the Titan script.

In the end, we tweak our settings based on the intangible value of 'feel'. If it feels better using curves or sensitivity settings, use them. If it doesn't, don't. But I'd rather have the options than not.

« Last Edit: 03:48 PM - 01/23/17 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 06:26 PM - 01/23/17 »
Using sensitivity settings on a Titan One / Two is similar to using ballistics curves on a Xim. Neither is 1:1, which is exactly what you're trying to achieve.
Similar, but the XIM handles the inverse function after the ballistic curve. The Titan just outputs raw input, so most users basically create what they estimate to be the inverse function of the game's rotational function (response curve and deadzone).

Titan: mouse > ballistic curve > console
XIM: mouse > ballistic curve > inverse function > console

Why do we call it a "ballistic curve" btw?

The mathematical equations might be right on paper, but in practice you won't notice a difference as the Xim4 is still handling all mouse translation, simply with a brake or accelerator applied via the Titan Two.
But that other guy wants to put his Titan between his XIM and his console, which completely breaks the compensation.

Mathematical equations are right everywhere.

If sensitivity settings are applied evenly across the range of movement via the Titan Two, it should be virtually indistinguishable from reducing sensitivity on the Xim4. Alternately, acceleration can be added at the start or end of the curve, just like ballistics.

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 07:16 PM - 01/23/17 »
The practical reality is that it's simply unnoticeable when we're making such small adjustments. This is coming from a guy that finds a good number of FPS games unplayable because of aim acceleration and other oddities. Skyrim for example, all my friends tell me it plays fine but I just can't handle playing it for more than a few mins.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile

Offline Breezer

• View Profile
PlayStation Pro | XIM4 |  Titan Two | Logitech g502 (DPI: 4000, Poll Rate: 1000hz) | QcK+ | Razer BlackWidow Stealth | 28" Samsung UHD U28E590D | A40 TR Headset + MixAmp Pro TR

Offline Cordypants

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 06:57 AM - 02/16/17 »
Where do you find these values or how do you work them out?

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 05:41 AM - 02/19/17 »
Actually, these numbers aren't outdated cause they just set the camera closer to the axis of rotation.

I was wrong, you can still use these numbers.

(remember that movement might feel a little slower at close range)

« Last Edit: 05:47 AM - 02/19/17 by TSARGA »

Offline manaus

• I am not creative enough...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 09:52 AM - 04/14/17 »
For all G502 users...
Can you config all keys on the mouse? Cuz I am having problems doing that...for example, are those keys configurable? If so, how do I do that?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ASUS_Z017DC met Tapatalk

Previous owner of:
- XimEdge;
- Xim 4; and now
- Xim Apex

Console: Xbox One
Display: Gateway 21,5" widescreen (FHX2153L) (Very old, but it works)
KB: Arctosa Razer
Mice: Logitech G203

Be happy!

Offline supplice

• of all the things i lost, i miss my mind the most
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 02:09 PM - 04/14/17 »
For all G502 users...
Can you config all keys on the mouse? Cuz I am having problems doing that...for example, are those keys configurable? If so, how do I do that?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ASUS_Z017DC met Tapatalk
plug it into computer, on the logitech software bind a command that works with xim that you dont accidently press. i binded mine as /
to everyone crying about this st, i've been diamond every season, carried gb teams, aced proleague. premades, and had a. 3 kd in diamond when i sweat this game.  when i die i either misplayed, got fkd. over by ubisoft, or. occassionally got. out played.  ssooooooooooooooooooooooo yea. its not xim its. you
diamond since season 1, mists translators work just fine. used havoxx curve for a bit but just adjusted to the original st because its more reliable to my aiming preferences. the trick is knowing that it doesnt aim like siege pc and just adapting aiming habits to how the st and look mechanics work. on pc i can do flick shots and cycle angles with ease. on xim ps4 i do more controlled aiming, watch one angle and slower mouse movements. if you have good aim then this st should be no problem at  all. its 1:1 as long as you dont hit the turn speed cap.

as for scope sensitivities, i adjusted my sensitivity according to acog and all other sights just work for me. it just took forever tweaking sensitivities for weeks because sensitivities working differently in long range, mid range, cqc. just keep playing and if you notice "oh im slightly overturning by a lot" for a few matches try bumping it down a notch for a match until you find that sweet spot that works in all engagements for you.

Admin