XIM Community

Stv1  (Read 25893 times)

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Stv1
« Reply #15 on: 02:45 PM - 12/26/16 »
I'll see if I can provide more feed back as I play bouncing back and forth from each. 

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #16 on: 06:37 PM - 12/26/16 »
Thanks. And I can provide a drop of the firmware that disables Progressive Delay as well if that helps.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07:13 PM - 12/26/16 »
I don't think this is it as 124 feels the same as 224 I feel no difference as far as smoothness in transition .  Holding ads and swiping across aim assist stv1 just feels tighter and more in control.  I need to find someone to private match with so I can do more extensive testing to see if I can explain what I'm feeling in a logical way that will help you to discover why the feel is better

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #18 on: 07:30 PM - 12/26/16 »
I think you said that you are only using ADS ST -- for these tests you are using Hip and ADS? The strange thing to me is that STv2 is much more precise than STv1.

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12:07 AM - 12/27/16 »
Not me use hip and ads someone else mentioned they use ads

Offline G502DoBeHeavy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12:36 AM - 12/27/16 »
I was the guy that uses only ADS, but haven't tried stv1 yet to post results.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #21 on: 01:15 AM - 12/27/16 »
For those that prefer STv1, can you please try this new private Steady Aim experimental build and provide feedback?: http://cloud.xim4.com/Beta/XIM4Flash-20161226-STEADYAIM2.exe

This one doesn't take over the Boost settings like the last one. You just turn Steady Aim on and off. I just did a bunch of analysis on output of STv2 with this Steady Aim and STv1 using the same CoD translator and they are identical below maximum turn speed.

Getting feedback on this will help understand where to look next.

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01:56 AM - 12/27/16 »
Thanks obsiv ill try this but won't have time until tomorrow night.  Does the stv2 have a higher turn speed at max stick deflection then stv1? This might be part of the solution as I do notice with stv1 when chasing a close opponent inside aim assist while adsing I sometimes can't keep up so I have to let go of ads and then re ingage. It doesn't seem to be as big a problem with stv2.  So maybe if we took stv2 and capped the max turn speed to match stv1 we could test to see if it has similar feel. 

I agree stv2 is more fluid but stv1 utilizes aim assist in a way that appears to model what I see when spectating controller users. It allows me to make the similar shots i see controllers  doing and I find myself to be able to control my shots in more situations vs stv2.  It's a tighter feel hard to explain but after I have more test I'll give better examples.

I'm thinking your stv2 is such a good translation into mouse movement that the aim assist doesn't utilize it as well as the stv1 as I believe the stv1 models the stick movments closer to what it would see from a controller user so it knows when to grab when to release and when to adjust movments. 

This is of course just theory but I cannot go back to stv2 on cod after running this experiment with stv1.  I would love to see a toggle on new stv2 firmware though that would make it function the same or even better than stv1. 

Again I am extremely grateful for you taking the time to do this. I can't even fathom the immense amount of work that has gone into this.
« Last Edit: 02:09 AM - 12/27/16 by BlessUp »

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02:07 AM - 12/27/16 »
Actually can you provide a curve that I can add to this experimental firmware that will make the max stick deflection speed the same as stv1. Im assuming just cut the top of the line? This way I can personaly test the effects of the Increase speed.  I have a feeling the stv1 having a capped max turn speed that is below what the actual max turn speed is makes the aim assist feel better. 

Everything that is important with cod happens within aim assist this is why I understand stv2 is smoother and better when comparing in open area but when comparing within the aim assist bubble stv1 has more control.  This is why for years I have always ended up using a slightly bit higher speed then wanted because my comfortable max speed was to slow inside the bubble so I would end up finding that sweet inside the bubble and just addapted to the slightly higher speeds outside the bubble.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #24 on: 02:18 AM - 12/27/16 »
When you hit max turn speed on both v1 and v2 the stick is pegged. You aren't experiencing that?

Offline Mark8010

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02:25 AM - 12/27/16 »
Obsiv - would this experimental build be useful to test on other games where players experience the same e.g. I use Stv1 in Destiny for exactly the same reasons - Stv2 and the aim assist in Destiny isn't as smooth as it is with Stv1.

By smooth I mean moving into the hit box and out of it again is much easier with Stv1, with stv2 I have to constantly fight against the aim assist when tracking moving targets.

Offline nodig

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05:24 AM - 12/27/16 »
I've just had a few game with this and it felt off, felt like there was loads of acceleration with HIP and ADS, and with steady aim on it felt like there was no aim assist at all. BTW i'm new to xim4 so i'm not really an experienced user. All I know is that STV1 at my brothers feels so much better with COD than the STV2 i'm using

Offline PUBzZz

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10:51 AM - 12/27/16 »
I'll give this test firmware a go later today.
PS4 / Xbox One
Xim Apex / Xim 4
Cooler Master MM710 16k @1000hz
Zowie G-TF SPAWN PAD
Netduma to OpenWRT "Cake/PieceOfCake"
BenQ XL2420T
Astro A40 + Mixamp

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #28 on: 11:40 AM - 12/27/16 »
I've just had a few game with this and it felt off, felt like there was loads of acceleration with HIP and ADS, and with steady aim on it felt like there was no aim assist at all. BTW i'm new to xim4 so i'm not really an experienced user. All I know is that STV1 at my brothers feels so much better with COD than the STV2 i'm using

With Steady Aim off on this build it's identical to the current released firmware. It should feel no different.

With Steady Aim in it's identical to STv1 with exception to how the stick is pegged when you exceed maximum turn speed. I don't think that should matter, but I can make that the same too if needed.

Another thing I wanted to try is a totally different approach of adding smoothing on top of STv2.

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11:49 AM - 12/27/16 »
Yes obsiv the stick pegs on both stv1 and stv2 but it feels that the max turn speed of stv2 pegged is faster then stv1 pegged thats why i was thinking if we took this test release and tested as is with steady aim on and off and then added a cruve which really wouldn't be a curve it would just be a ending line at the top end of peg to end it where the stv1 ends so the max turn speed matches that of stv1. then i could retest with steady aim off and on again too see if it feels more exact.