XIM Community

mw remastered problem  (Read 1486 times)

Offline already

• View Profile
mw remastered problem
« on: 06:49 PM - 12/23/16 »
Hello xim forums.
I used to play counter strike competitively and decided to give cod remastered a try.
Heard about the xim4 and though it sounded like a cool idea because I was having trouble being limited by the speed of the sticks and the excessively strong aim assist.
Just got it today and I'm trying to get the hang of it.
So my problem is, when I flick very fast across my mouse pad, the game doesn't show my reticle move as fast as I know I moved it.
I have the in game sens set to 20 because I though it being lower might have been the issue- it wasn't.
I'm using a Steelseries Sensei RAW mouse that I know works well.
My question is, is this an issue with the game not being able to update as fast as the mouse can move, the xim4 doing the same, or is there some setting I can configure to make it work the way it should?
I am using most of the settings from this thread > http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=50415.0
other than the curve because I couldn't figure out how to paste it into the app.

Any help would be much appreciated.

edit: my polling rate is set to 1000 and cpi to ~3000

Offline already

• View Profile
Re: mw remastered problem
« Reply #1 on: 09:09 PM - 12/23/16 »
bump

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:45 AM - 12/24/16 »
Welcome to the community. Generally you will always want to use the max in-game sensitivity and then adjust your XIM Hip and ADS sensitivity. This will ensure you have access to the highest turn speed available to the game. About your turning issue - Console games have a maximum speed that they allow you to turn. This max turn speed will vary between games and is a limit set by the game developer. Your game has a low turn speed. XIM4 flashes red lights when you've reached the turn speed limit. If you continue moving faster than what the game allows then that movement is ignored and you may see less movement as a result. By either lowering your sensitivity or moving your mouse slower to stay under or ride the turn speed limit should result in more onscreen movement.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline already

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:24 PM - 12/27/16 »
Welcome to the community. Generally you will always want to use the max in-game sensitivity and then adjust your XIM Hip and ADS sensitivity. This will ensure you have access to the highest turn speed available to the game. About your turning issue - Console games have a maximum speed that they allow you to turn. This max turn speed will vary between games and is a limit set by the game developer. Your game has a low turn speed. XIM4 flashes red lights when you've reached the turn speed limit. If you continue moving faster than what the game allows then that movement is ignored and you may see less movement as a result. By either lowering your sensitivity or moving your mouse slower to stay under or ride the turn speed limit should result in more onscreen movement.

Ah. Thank you. One more question, what exactly does the curve setting do?
I want to put a curve into my profile to test it but I don't understand what it is.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:34 PM - 12/27/16 »
Ballistic curves change acceleration. Raise or lower the line position to change acceleration behavior at that point in the look mechanic. The Advanced Settings sticky goes over how this works.

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=41264.0
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Admin