XIM Community

Hori tac G1 please add support if possible  (Read 2544 times)

Offline 02wrx

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Gimard_
Hori tac G1 please add support if possible
« on: 06:06 PM - 12/17/16 »
Hello all,

I just recently ordered my xim4 and am curious to know if the xim4 supports this device from hori. Its part of their new line of fps kb/m products which instead of the mini keyboard it's a interestingly designed controller aimed at those who don't like to or can't use keys (wasd) for movement like myself from a past injury. I've searched everywhere but no avail. Does the xim4 support this or will it in the future? Any insight is much appreciated. Thanks a bunch

Edit: i don't use the hori mouse supplied with the tac but instead the Logitech g303

*UPDATE*
So I received my xim4 this morning and have it all configured and set up to my liking using my old PS nav wand and g303 mouse. This little device is fantastic for using not just KB/M but many other peripherals as well with your favorite games, even between other consoles! Compared to my hori tac pro g1 there is no competition, the xim4s translation is exceptionally superb. I wouldn't say its perfect 1:1 but when configured properly it's pretty darn close for what it is. The hori was functional but no matter how you tweaked in game and the soft ware settings there is too much mouse jitter and acceleration and stuff you don't want, so I feel it fell short especially for the cost.

I did purchased the TAC g1 a while ago which is half of a cleverly designed controller not the mini keyboard or keypad they also offer that xim4  users have reported workimg fine with the xim.

Quite unfortunately, the g1 does not seem to work no matter how i set it up or how the settings are tweaked. I've done everything I can think of from mixing n matching cables and plug ins  to tedious software/hardware setting adjustments but to no avail. The xim does recognize it as a keyboard however but the buttons on g1 dont seem to work when pressed while configuring them in xim manager app. I would absolutely love to be able to use the g1 instead of my old nav wand as I'm sure others who own the g1 would also.

Is there any chance it's even possible to add g1 support in a future update? My fingers are crossed in hopes of it happeming. Sorry for the long uldate just super excited about the xim  but bummed I can't seem to use my g1.
« Last Edit: 10:49 PM - 12/22/16 by 02wrx »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Hori tac pro g1support (half controller with mouse)
« Reply #1 on: 11:43 AM - 12/18/16 »
Welcome to the community. If it can present itself as a PS3 controller or a standard PC gampad then it should work.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline 02wrx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:05 PM - 12/18/16 »
Sweet!! Thanks for the reply. Ill be sure sure to do a little review as well as a comparison between the 2 devices. Thanks again

Offline tails72

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:24 AM - 12/19/16 »
Please do, if you have already used the original Nav controller , please tell us how it is compared, also does it feel unbalanced in the hand with the extra stuff to the right?

thanks

Offline 02wrx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:12 AM - 12/19/16 »
Hi thanks for the reply, I've never used the nav controlled but assuming you were talking about the hori, i actually really like it since i feel using an analog stick to be more natural for character movement plus with my left hand/wrist being slightly defective. It's much more comfortable to me.

Offline tails72

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:57 AM - 12/19/16 »
Cool , thanks for your reply,

Offline full58

• The opposite of empty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:17 PM - 12/19/16 »
can you leave a link to the HORI product you are using? and you said it worked right?

Offline 02wrx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:12 PM - 12/19/16 »
can you leave a link to the HORI product you are using? and you said it worked right?

http://www.hori.jp/products/p4/p4_tac_g1_home/

I believe this is their newest/least expensive addition to the tac line up. I havent received the xim4 just yet so I can't say if it works or not. But i really like using it minus the terrible mouse. It actually feels pretty decently made to which is a plus i also dig the design.

Offline full58

• The opposite of empty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:15 AM - 12/20/16 »
this solves one of the few disadvantages of keyboard wasd.  the analog ability to vary walking speed. this is gonna be huge help in stealth games. I watched a ghost recon wildlands video today and it was showing some stealth Gameplay elements and I was like "how can I pull that off with the Zim?" crouch walk is only going to get me so far "

what game pads like the g13 or orb weaver us available to us with a analog stick that works for movement like the standard controller? i think I read in another post that even if the device had a analog thumb stick, you still had to use wasd for movement

Offline tails72

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:23 AM - 12/20/16 »

here is the Amazon page of the product

Offline krishs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10:53 AM - 12/20/16 »
I have owned HORI TAC G1 and use it not so often since it has quite bad "mouse to right analog" translation.
I tried to use it with XIM4 and it doesn't work. I've tried many ways and no luck.

I end up with nav controller and I love it. I feel a lot better with pressing on nav controller buttons and they are enough for me.
Lots of shoulder buttons on G1 do not as convenience as I expected.

Offline 02wrx

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:32 AM - 12/20/16 »
I have owned HORI TAC G1 and use it not so often since it has quite bad "mouse to right analog" translation.
I tried to use it with XIM4 and it doesn't work. I've tried many ways and no luck.

I end up with nav controller and I love it. I feel a lot better with pressing on nav controller buttons and they are enough for me.

Hori's tac line up has improved quite a bit but like you said the translation is pretty poor even when using a different higher end mouse(i use the g303). I still own and use the tac g1 and really enjoy the controller part. When my xim 4 comes I'll see if i can figure something out. Did you try plugging the mouse into the xim separately from the g1 by chance?

Offline krishs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06:05 PM - 12/20/16 »

Hori's tac line up has improved quite a bit but like you said the translation is pretty poor even when using a different higher end mouse(i use the g303). I still own and use the tac g1 and really enjoy the controller part. When my xim 4 comes I'll see if i can figure something out. Did you try plugging the mouse into the xim separately from the g1 by chance?

I've tried in many ways of set up and configuration, it's not work.
Then I bought ps nav controller and found that the nav is my preference.  ;D

Offline 02wrx

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07:49 PM - 12/20/16 »
Ah I see, well I see if I can figure something out if not I'll try the nav cintroller. Looks pretty interesting, have you noticed any input lag since it's wireless?

Offline krishs

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08:23 PM - 12/20/16 »
Ah I see, well I see if I can figure something out if not I'll try the nav cintroller. Looks pretty interesting, have you noticed any input lag since it's wireless?

I haven't notice any lag on nav wirelessly at all.
XIM4 is such a great device.