XIM Community

I think i've given up  (Read 470 times)

Offline JimmyB

• View Profile
I think i've given up
« on: 01:01 PM - 01/11/17 »
It is demoralizing. I am going from a 1.5 k/d to under .5 k/d consistently. KPM and SPM has taken a huge hit. Now even when i go back to a controller i suck. I think trying to use a mouse/kb has really made me hate this game (BF1). My confidence is completely shot. I'm in the top 500 in hours played and i feel like trying to switch over to mouse/kb has taken the love i had away. I know i may be taking things far but i am stressed over this crap. I am a father of two from crap sake lol.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: I think i've given up
« Reply #1 on: 01:25 PM - 01/11/17 »
Welcome to the community. If you've never played with a mouse and keyboard in the past there will be an adjustment period. All I can suggest is that you use what you're most comfortable with. If you think you will enjoy mouse and keyboard more then you will have to stick with it for a while to build up muscle memory. BF1 isn't the best first game or XIM experience at the moment either, it feels less responsive than previous games. Is there something in particular you would like more incite on?

You've probably done this but it won't hurt to suggest that you are using the correct in-game settings. Some games do offer more settings than just sensitivity, these games and their required settings will be listed here:

http://xim4.com/settings
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline JimmyB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:07 PM - 01/11/17 »
I appreciate your response. I'm most comfortable with a controller but i am more accurate sniping with a mouse! Where i'm really having issues is with is being fast enough to compete. Switching quickly to pistol then being accurate is totally off. Any type of non-scope aiming is way off. My sensitivity could be way too high but that's how i like it when sniping. General movement is also not fluid.

I'm using a G502 @ 4000dpi - 500hz polling rate

In game my stick and zoom sensitivities are all maxed.
- Uniform Soldier Aiming on
- Auto Aiming on (was off but i switched it back on)
- Coefficient: 300% (i like this over 133% or 200%).

XIM setting are
HIP
- Sensitivity: 40
ADS
- Delay: 200ms
- Sensitivity: 30

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:17 PM - 01/11/17 »
Do you have the same experience with UsA off and 133% coefficient?

Are you using advanced settings like a curve or boost? These should be the first to go when troubleshooting a performance issue. If it helps, create a new config and name it 'test' so you can ensure you're using a config without advanced settings. Change only sensitivity and buttons.

I don't know that BF1 has ADS delay with non scoped weapons. This may contribute to your issue. If you try the default config idea also test using 0 ADS delay to see if this helps your non scoped weapons.

Of course aim assist in BF1 was changed recently. It does feel strange compared to previous games so you may have to do some experimenting with the in-game AA settings to find something that works for you.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Admin