XIM Community

Battlefield 1 1.05 Deadzone  (Read 15928 times)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 1 1.05 Deadzone
« Reply #30 on: 02:30 PM - 12/15/16 »
A quick look at the PS4 version tells me nothing has changed. The default deadzone value appears to be the same look mechanic supported at launch. I'll train it tonight and compare results tomorrow.

Using the values below if there are any perceived changes it may have more to do with aim assist (this was changed) rather than the look mechanic.

Until I know more use the following in-game settings

X1 Users
-
Soldier Sensitivity: 100%
Zoom Sensitivity: 200%
Deadzone: 22 (default)

PS4 Users
-
« Last Edit: 10:38 AM - 12/24/16 by mist4fun »
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Urzsite

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02:51 PM - 12/15/16 »
I'm thinking high-sens players don't have this floaty feel, we are talking about.

I'm sure mist gets it sorted, but I hope our experience will be better then before patch. BF4/Titanfall 2 has such responsive (PC "feel"?) ST's, and perhaps we can have similar?

Maybe it's to early for presents...

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 03:39 PM - 12/15/16 »
 :)
« Last Edit: 11:38 PM - 12/15/16 by mikael »

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03:45 PM - 12/15/16 »
 :)
« Last Edit: 11:38 PM - 12/15/16 by mikael »

Offline Golo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10:19 PM - 12/15/16 »
I bought the xim4 when battlefield 1 came out and I've had auto aim and auto rotate turned off from the beginning.. and I feel a difference now after this latest patch...especially on anything scoped.. so I don't think it's just the auto aim changes they have made because if that were the case.. why is my scoped aiming noticeable different?  Its a little jumpy/floaty when I'm on anything scoped which makes it a little harder to get headshots.. it definitely wasn't like that before the patch..
« Last Edit: 10:23 PM - 12/15/16 by Golo »

Offline ranger79

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 12:00 AM - 12/16/16 »
A quick look at the PS4 version tells me nothing has changed. The default deadzone value appears to be the same look mechanic supported at launch. I'll train it tonight and compare results tomorrow.

Using the values below if there are any perceived changes it may have more to do with aim assist (this was changed) rather than the look mechanic.

Until I know more use the following in-game settings

X1 Users
-
Deadzone: 22

PS4 Users
-

Mist,

The ads had changed alot with Ps4 in the last patch for scoped weapons, especially at range, I have 50 device stars with the Lawrence of Arabia and now I have to use dead zone 18 and when I scope in I have to fight the aim, not as precise alittle floaty, very hard to get accurate shots as before the patch. It's almost like it's harder to shoot a stationary target vs a moving target, when I lead a target much easier to hit, but if a targey is stationary hard to get on target. Hope that makes sense.
« Last Edit: 10:38 AM - 12/24/16 by mist4fun »

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taktikz
« Reply #36 on: 02:17 AM - 12/16/16 »
Mist, it's not the same mate, trust us - it's not that it feels "different" and takes getting used to.. it's the fact that you can't move your aim smoothly and precisely anymore, I cannot snipe anymore due to this.

Say like my enemy is standing still and my cross hair is 1cm to the right of them, if i try move it 1cm to the left to get on target, it will move 2cm to the left and over aim and then when i try move it back 1cm to the right, it moves over it 2cm again (example) ... but it doesn't move 2cm smoothly, it'll sort of skip/dash those 2cm across.

Same thing applies for when using medic single fire guns such as Mondragon Storm.. It isn't anything to do with the aim assist, you can clearly see/feel/tell the difference by just ADS'ing your gun and moving it side to side delicately in an empty server... you feel it. Try aiming precisely between two objects in front of you left/right in empty server then you'll notice it.

Really gutted at the moment, was perfect before.

Offline pasterofmuppets

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 05:46 AM - 12/16/16 »
Say like my enemy is standing still and my cross hair is 1cm to the right of them, if i try move it 1cm to the left to get on target, it will move 2cm to the left and over aim and then when i try move it back 1cm to the right, it moves over it 2cm again (example) ... but it doesn't move 2cm smoothly, it'll sort of skip/dash those 2cm across.
This is exactly the problem I described in a post I made. It's not just the AA, it's the ADS aim moves in actual steps/jumps rather than smoothly like it's snapping to a grid. I don't know why some people are suffering this and others not but I'm a high sensitivity player (240/126 hip/ADS sens) using a fairly low dpi (2000) mouse and I have a feeling it's something to do with this.

Offline Breezer

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06:28 AM - 12/16/16 »
I'm playing with low sensitivity: about 15" for a full 360.
Specs in my signature.

I honestly haven't seen a difference and I snipe a lot.
I mean a few games fells off but it's not enough testing on my part to put the blame on the ST.
(Lag, Tiredness,  Frustration, not being 100% focus can all be to blame.)

Still managed to retain my ~45% accuracy with ~50% headshot and 35+ kills per game, like previous weeks.

Mist, do you suggest we turn off Aim assist completely this time around?
When scoped, aim assist isn't doing anything anyway, therefore, I wonder why some people are seeing such a big difference when using scoped riffles?
PlayStation Pro | XIM4 |  Titan Two | Logitech g502 (DPI: 4000, Poll Rate: 1000hz) | QcK+ | Razer BlackWidow Stealth | 28" Samsung UHD U28E590D | A40 TR Headset + MixAmp Pro TR

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 07:07 AM - 12/16/16 »
This is exactly the problem I described in a post I made. It's not just the AA, it's the ADS aim moves in actual steps/jumps rather than smoothly like it's snapping to a grid. I don't know why some people are suffering this and others not but I'm a high sensitivity player (240/126 hip/ADS sens) using a fairly low dpi (2000) mouse and I have a feeling it's something to do with this.

Pasterofmuppets, Mate.. how you explained it with the "grid" that's exactly the best way to explain it, that's what I was thinking in my head but didn't think of explaining it like that :) imagine the screen is a grid full of squares, when you try to aim smoothly to the left/right instead of it moving smoothly across the screen it'll snap to the next square.

I have tried aim assist off and it's even worse due to this, I miss even more shots with AA off because of this problem as I cannot track smoothly now. I tried turning my curves off. I tried turning my xim ADS sensitivity up and down, I tried turning the DZ up and down, nothing works, just makes it worse one way or the other.

Sniping now I can't even hit static targets because of this.. like literally last night I couldn't even line up shots on people who were just laying prone !! My Accuracy 45% before this.

The only thing I haven't tried is turning steady aim on in xim which I just thought of but, I'll have to try that after work...

Offline KraftyMattKraft

• View Profile
    • Married And Always Nagged Clan
  • PSN ID: Matt_K
« Reply #40 on: 07:36 AM - 12/16/16 »
Reposting this here, as this is an example of what a lot of people are talking about.

Here is a picture of my mouse and mouse mat plus a video of what I'm talking about.

I'm moving from the edge of the keyboard to the middle of the "W", then moving back. First few times are normal speed then quick swipes, then slow turns. You can see the results.

When moving normally from point A to point B, I get there just fine. When quick swiping, I'm under aiming consistently. When I'm slowly adjusting, I'm over aiming consistently. It is super frustrating, as you cannot consistently get on target and are having to make micro adjustments after aiming at the target.

I'm sure there is a solution. I'm not sure it lies with mist or with the XIM. DICE had a great thing going with the soldier movement in BF4 after the final patch, not sure why they chose to mess with it.

Offline pasterofmuppets

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 08:01 AM - 12/16/16 »

When scoped, aim assist isn't doing anything anyway, therefore, I wonder why some people are seeing such a big difference when using scoped riffles?

The obvious difference between your set up and mine is that I 360 in about 2" on my mouse matt! Not sure about other people but I'm convinced it's something to do with high sensitivity. It's like the resolution of the grid that the crosshair can exist on (snaps to) has grown making small/smooth increments impossible. I don't think it's related to the AA at all - I have tried it with AA off and it's still the same.

This has definitely been introduced in the last patch and is clearly an issue for a small number of people but not everyone (could be high vs low sensitivity). It isn't just for sniper rifles though, I experience it for all weapons - it exists all the time but is exaggerated with ADS. My x2 zoom Hellriegel still suffers for it and the problem is still just noticeable when hip. I've noticed that adjusting the deadzone setting changes the resolution of the snap grid and for me a setting of 20 is when the grid is smallest (and therefore has least impact).

I don't have access to a high dpi mouse to test but it would be interesting if someone who has and isn't suffering the problem was to, say, change their mouse to 2000dpi and their XIM sensitivity to 240hip/120ADS (high sensitivity) and see whether they can reproduce it...

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 08:07 AM - 12/16/16 »

The obvious difference between your set up and mine is that I 360 in about 2" on my mouse matt! Not sure about other people but I'm convinced it's something to do with high sensitivity. It's like the resolution of the grid that the crosshair can exist on (snaps to) has grown making small/smooth increments impossible. I don't think it's related to the AA at all - I have tried it with AA off and it's still the same.

This has definitely been introduced in the last patch and is clearly an issue for a small number of people but not everyone (could be high vs low sensitivity). It isn't just for sniper rifles though, I experience it for all weapons - it exists all the time but is exaggerated with ADS. My x2 zoom Hellriegel still suffers for it and the problem is still just noticeable when hip. I've noticed that adjusting the deadzone setting changes the resolution of the snap grid and for me a setting of 20 is when the grid is smallest (and therefore has least impact).

I don't have access to a high dpi mouse to test but it would be interesting if someone who has and isn't suffering the problem was to, say, change their mouse to 2000dpi and their XIM sensitivity to 240hip/120ADS (high sensitivity) and see whether they can reproduce it...

My mouse is set to 6400dpi (I use the G502) with 20 ADS sensitivity .. I've tried it with lower sensitivity and lowering the dpi, the problem still persists for me. I lterally spent an hour tweaking everything I could think of last night and nothing helped, was making it worse, at the moment I have DZ set at 18, ADS 20, DPI 6400 and that's the best I can get it, but it's still terrible compared to before in terms of precision aiming and sniping.

Offline pasterofmuppets

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 08:27 AM - 12/16/16 »
I lterally spent an hour tweaking everything I could think of last night and nothing helped... , but it's still terrible compared to before in terms of precision aiming and sniping.

I feel you bud. Frustrating, but I'm sure it'll get sorted out with the help of Mist and others - after all it works fine for some people.

Offline Danger30Q

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 08:33 AM - 12/16/16 »
So as it currently stands, this undefined deadzone issue from 1.05 affects high sensitivity players more than low?